• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 2Sweet

2Sweet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 09:31 AM

I am fairly new to e-bay, still learning and need advise...I was the winning bidder on a compact, we have contacted each other about sending a money order to him. After a week, he e-mailed me about my payment and I replied that I am still waiting for his mailing address to send the payment. Well, I have sent a total of 5 e-mails to him requesting his address to send the payment and haven't heard from him since. Now what? It is not the end of the world if I don't get this compact but I do not want to get a frowny face (or negative response) should I just forget about winning that one and move on? Do I need to tell someone that he didn't pull thru even though I didn't send any money yet? (Thank God) I am thankful that I didn't send the money yet...who knows if I would have gotten the compact anyways.
Help [Smile]

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 02:08 PM

I would email this seller one more time and state that you have sent several emails (this being the last one) and received no reply from him, I would also let him know that you intend on leaving him negative feedback and reporting him to ebay.
If you get no response then I would go through with the above.

#3 EsteeMania

EsteeMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 02:13 PM

Hi 2sweet - I have had that happen twice and I got the sellers telephone number via Ebay. I am going to try & paste the url here for you here. Could be a lot of reasons why they are not contacting you and a quick phone call might resolve your problem. Good Luck!
http://cgi3.ebay.com...emberSearchShow

#4 2Sweet

2Sweet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 07:30 AM

Oh my gosh...I got an email from him today and he was RUDE!! He said he sent his address each time he e-mailed me so I replied that this was the very first time I received his address and I was going to include copies of his e-mails so he will see that he is wrong. This is my first difficult auction. All the others were smooth. Thanks to all of you for letting me vent. I am lurking on this site almost every day and rarely post anything, I am sure there are alot of lurkers out there like me that enjoy reading all the posts and feel just like family here [Big Grin]

#5 Lorraine

Lorraine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 07:45 PM

Hi 2sweet,
Let us know if you got the goods and if everything
was ok!!
Lorraine [Eek!]

#6 2Sweet

2Sweet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 07:16 PM

Well, good news! I finally got the compact!! The auction ended on June 11th and I received it July 21st and he left me positive feedback and admitted that there were "problems on his end" I think he realized it after I sent copies of all the e-mails I had and the ones he sent to me to because he said he sent me his address on every e-mail he sent....well, I proved him wrong and I think he bit his tongue and made up with the positive feedback. Thank God it's over [Smile]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users