125 replies to this topic

#61 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 10:34 AM

Some folks think taking photos is easy. [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Every thing KK said is very good advise.
And she is right , don't give up. We at one time took almost a hundred photos of one item till we got it right. It was a planned one, the stagecoach (unplanned) only took 4 shots to get one that we liked so you can never tell what will work till you try it.

Props- The silk in the top hat photo(members photos) is a old silk slip used with a velvet background.

You can also pick up a small piece of black velvet at the fabric store if your dress is at the cleaners. [Big Grin] The black velvet helps absorb the light and the sparklies come out better.

Ann

[ August 26, 2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#62 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 01:34 PM

Hi Ann,
I was hoping you would add to the post.
How do you load your photos to the chat board post? I would like to add a photo.
Thanks,KK

#63 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 02:03 PM

Hi KK,

If Lisa doesn't answer before Ken I will have him explain tonight when he gets in.

He is the smart one , I am the pretty one. [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Ann

#64 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 03:02 PM

Hi KK

Cordial thanks!!!

We got today our first digitally camera [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Hans is thereby to installed everything. How I see, it will last some time, until I can deal with it - it sees everything to be very complicated! I am glad that he knows such things - I would probably rev up before it would work [Silly] [Silly]

If I make photos, I will try to consider everything what you sad (and what's possible) [Wink] [Wink] Again, thanks a lot - your advise cam just to the right time!!!

Have a nice evening - so long,

Liliane

#65 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 05:05 PM

KK-

Posting photos is fairly easy, but there is a catch. You have to have a place to upload your photos and then you link to them in your post. If you don't have a place to upload photos, there's currently no way unless you email them to lisa or myself to post for you.

Now for the good news: the reason there have been so few changes around here lately is that I am working on a complete rebuild of the backend of the site. We will have a ton of new features soon (hopefully!) and one of them will be the ability to post photos to your own personal gallery directly from your PC! [Big Grin]

#66 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 05:47 PM

KK & Ann,

Thanks for the great advice! And I will practice, practice, practice until I get it right! Thank goodness for digital cameras.

I'm going to set the macro on my camera tonight. And I will wait for good lighting before I take a picture without flash.

I greatly appreciate all your guidance. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Jeanette [Wink]

#67 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 10:55 PM

Hi Jack,
The photos have to be on a website not just in Picture It! or Adobe on my computer in my picture folder. Would I have to upload them to Share photos on my MSN and then type in "www.msnphotoshare.com" or whatever the site name is? Or I could just wait until you get everything set up.
Sounds like you are really going all out with the great new features.
Thanks for your help.
KK [Big Grin]

#68 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 11:40 PM

Hi Ya'll,
That's for Mimi!
I forgot to mention a free dowload for your photos. It's called PhotoCleaner. It's a great tool to use to clean the photos-boost the color and sharpen them. Do a search for PhotoCleaner. They have a 30 day free trial. I'm still on the free trial. I think to buy it is $12. Or go to www.photocleaner.com. When you use it make sure to set the default text to your name or initials and 2003 or just click it off all together if you don't want your photo framed and texted.
Try it out! Some photos don't need the help if they don't look better don't save them or override the original photo.
Have fun! [New Laugh]
KK [Smile]

[ August 27, 2003, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: KK ]

#69 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 06:27 AM

KK,

Your photos are so clear and crisp, love them!!
Here are some of KK's photos:

user posted image user posted image user posted image [Big Grin]

#70 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:13 AM

the picture is so well taken, I almost feel that the peacock is phyiscally coming out anytime.
Fabulous!!

#71 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:23 AM

Thanks KK,

Great photos.

You have given me an idea with the book/solids photo.

Will work on it this weekend and if it comes out will post.
If it doesn't , well never mind. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Ann

#72 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 09:10 AM

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy the photos like I do.
I took these last night. The book and the solids were on my desk and I starting playing with them and ended up with the photos.
I used the desk lamp light, set the camera on macro mode and used the photocleaner to size and that was it.
I'll tell you just how much I practice. The digital film card has the number of photos taken. In the year and half I've taken 5870 photos [Eek!]
Can't wait to see what you are going to do, Ann.
Bye,KK

#73 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 11:44 PM

KK-

Nice photos! Yes, you would have to upload them to some online server, then type in the address of the actual photo into the box you get after clicking the "image" button below the message text box.

Did that make any sense at all?

#74 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 08:03 PM

Took a picture of the 3 larger circus solids to show the size ratio. Spatially, the Roller Coaster is fine, as the Ferris Wheel is always the first ride you see when approaching the Amusement park. [Big Grin]

However, the Lion in the Cage is really, really large in comparison. Still, I love them in my case with the elephant and seal!

Hope they show up as I'm not real good at this. Jack...I may need your help. KK...I'll never be as good as you are, so please don't look! [Frown] I'm embarrassed. [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

user posted image

#75 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 08:51 PM

KK...

Cute FTP is an excellent "storage" space on the web, and very reasonable. Lots of upgrades available for some with professional experience, which is all Greek to me. But you might benefit from it.

Take a look at www.cuteftp.com . It's nice for everyone who shares photo's on the web.

Michele [Smile]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users