• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#31 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:04 PM

We were afraid at first to share our photos but we have a very good friend in the land of potatoes that encouraged us and the rest is history. [Big Grin]

Be aware though, once you do it it's like eating one potato chip. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
And it is great fun.
Please share.

Ann & Ken

#32 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:18 PM

Oh no, if it is anything like eating one potato chip, I could be in trouble. [Suspicious] I can't stop at one or two or three or more! Be aware everyone, I could get carried away here! [Eek!]

Well, Ann, you have motivated me to go home tonight and give it my best shot! Stay tuned everyone!!

Thanks, Jeanette [Big Grin]

#33 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:21 PM

Thanks Ann. I will probably have to send photos to Lisa but first I have to take them! We don't even have a digital camera yet-just 35 mm. I think you can now get a disposable digital camera. I wonder how well they work. Since I visited you I have gotten a few more solids. I just got the fan, peacock and charming monkey. The fan looks really nice next to one of my dresden dolls that is holding a fan. We are off on vacation starting Saturday. I am looking forward to visiting the Estee Lauder store in Vegas next week.

#34 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:25 PM

All of you just keep on eating those potato chips from Idaho potatoes. They are calorie free. Huh, Ann?

Carolyn

#35 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:26 PM

Pat,

The photo you left here was a 35 mm and that is what Ken scanned. If you would like you can send the 35's to Ken and he can scan them at work.
I don't think Jack has a scanner.

I would not recommed the disposable digitals for taking photos of solids. We have not tried them but Ken doesn't seem to think they will work for this, but he may just be holding out for a new camera. [New Laugh]

Ann

#36 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:28 PM

Yeah, Carolyn.

And those potato candy bars you sent were also calorie free. Can't figure out how I keep gaining weight. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
They were mighty good .

Ann

#37 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:37 PM

Carolyn,

I can proudly say that I do my fair share to help the economy in Idaho. I don't know what I'd do without potato chips and baked potatoes from Idahoan potatoes!

Take care, Jeanette [Big Grin]

#38 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:42 PM

I am headed for the kitchen.

Ann

#39 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 05:50 PM

Jeanette:

Now I know what is happening to our Idaho potatoes. You've heard about the shoemaker's son and the shoes. That's now it is in Idaho with the potatoes. Really, I don't know anyone I would rather have them go to. lol

Ann:

I'm not taking a chance on sending more Idaho Spud bars until it cools off.

Off to enjoy a big steak and a baked potato with butter, sour cream and chives. Oh well, add some cheese and bacon bits too.

Carolyn

#40 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:14 PM

Carolyn,

How do I get Ann into the kitchen to cook? A baked potato and steak sounds inviting. [New Laugh]

Maybe I will have to drive to your house to get a good meal. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Ken

#41 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 07:40 PM

As I sit here eating my baked potato from Idaho [Big Grin] , I am looking at pictures I just took of my cabinets that hold my perfume solids. I do not like how the pictures came out at all [Frown] . The flash is reflected in the mirror on the back of the cabinet and I cannot get a clear picture because I'm not steady enough to hold the camera properly. So, I'm leaving it to my husband to take proper pictures for me and hope to be able to share them with you in the next few days.

Anyone else interested in sharing pictures of their collection?

Jeanette [Wink]

#42 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 08:23 PM

It is very hard to take pictures of solids in a glass cabinet and especially if it has a mirror back.

The peacock & sphinx are in a small cabinet which we removed the glass and took the picture outside.
Most of the solid photos we have posted that have their own small cabinet we have done this.
The rest we take the solids outside and arrange them there.

We have not figured out a way to take them in our big cabinets with out seeing Ken in the photo or a giant glare.

If you have a room with absolutely no light reflecting on the glass but enough light you don't have to use a flash it might be possible.

If just shooting one solid you might try putting the lens right on the glass. I just find it easier to take one solid out of the case. Angle is important also and we can't get in position to get the right angle. This is why we gave up after many , many tries and just go outside.

If anyone comes up with a good suggestion please,please let us know.

Maybe Jack's new camera can overcome this problem.

Ann & Ken

#43 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 10:40 PM

Ken:

I'd suggest you lock the doors to the computer room, the solid rooms and leave only the kitchen door unlocked. Surely she'll get hungry too.

You just come up any time and you can have all the steak and potatoes you want. Maybe we'll even have potato pancakes. lol

The fresh peaches are just coming on and we'll go out to the orchards and pick all we want. Apples will be out next month. How about apple pie or peach pie? With ice cream, of course.

Ann can come too!

CA

#44 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 11:01 PM

Carolyn,

Ken will be right there as soon as he gets out of the dog house. Very decorated dog house at that.

Ann

#45 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 07:38 PM

Ann,
Have you tried getting a filter for your camera lens? I have one for my 35 mm camera. I don't have a digital camera. But you might want to check for one in a camera store.

Barb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users