Yes, Liliane, would love to see photos!!! [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile]

#17 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 04:05 PM

Promised Lisa

I'll do thad as soon as I have the new solids and naturally also the mentioned camera. [Wink] [Wink]

#18 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 04:11 PM

It will be a race to see who can get a new camera. [New Laugh]

I have been working on the junk display and hope when the junk gets here it will work better than the fan did. I used salt & pepper shakers. [Big Grin]

Can't wait to see your photos. It would be great if more folks would send pictures of their solids displayed. [Smile]

Ann

#19 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 08:25 PM

Ann and Liliane....

Ann, I am eager to see your Chinese Junk Display.....

Liliane, please do send us pictures of your new display cases. I know they must be lovely.

You know I would send px of my collection...but honestly.....it doesn't "hold a candle" to the rest of you. However....I am learning as I watch you create.

Thanks to you both..
Mimi

#20 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 09:16 PM

Ann & Ken,

Just got a new digital camera, it takes great photos, especially close-ups. Now I have to work on reshooting my whole collection. [Roll Eyes]

#21 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 12:20 AM

Hi Lisa,
You know how I love camera talk. Which camera did you get? Sounds like it has a great
macro(close up) feature. Can't wait to see the photos.
KK [Smile]

#22 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:51 AM

Hi Lisa

How you described me, your camera is really super! I can hardly expect until we get ours! Perhaps Hans does not hurry so much with buing it, because he knows exactly, that my hobby degenerates then for him in a lot of work! [Big Grin] [New Laugh] [Big Grin] [New Laugh]

[Smile] [Smile] Have a wonderful day! [Smile] [Smile]

#23 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 02:44 AM

Hi Mimi

How I said, it will still last some time until my photos will come, since I wait for the new solids - I know exactly where they belong.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] It would make me very much happy, if you would put your photos on the board!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Correct me please Lisa, but that is nevertheless, among other things, exactly the sense of "our club". Everyone collects in its way, as it wants and can. Exactly that is very interesting that everyone makes somewhat different with the same product. From much decorated like Ann does, up to not at all decorate (I'm somewhere between thad, with my kind). Personally I love very much to see, what others make with there solids! Hopefully many will shar their pictures with us.

At the beginning I had fear to send photos, but why??? I like the way I do it, but I like also the way others display there solids and I just love to see a lot of diffrent ways! Sharing experiences is for me double joy (like wrong also divided, half wrong is). Exact for this reason I estimate "Lisa's pages" so much - thanks Lisa and Jack!!!

Enjoy your day!

#24 Marlies

Marlies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 03:31 AM

Dear Ann & Ken

Yes, the weather here is to hot for this season!
We have to be careful with our water........no car wash and no no water the garden. But I hope it will be better soon as I don't like this heatwave!

Best regards from my mother!
Take care!
Marlies

#25 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 07:36 AM

KK,

Jack's new toy is a Canon power shot S50 digital camera.
[Cool]

Liliane,

I totally agree with you!!

[ August 21, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#26 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 08:48 AM

Hello all,

Agree with Liliane, I would love to see other collections and how they are presented. There is no right or wrong way . EL considers their solids as "works of art" so how we place them on shelf or make "busy" little displays is also a work of art. And surely we don't all view art the same way. [Big Grin]
We did the stagecoach all alone in a very simple glass dome with only the cactus behind it. Very plain & simple and one of our favorites now.

I personally would like to hear comments on our displays that include ways we could have done it better or different.

All this talk about new cameras is making Ken chomp at the bit for a new one but Lisa, I am not redoing our collection. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

KK is an award winning photographer and we would defer to her on camera selections. Would love to see more of her photos on here. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ann & Ken

#27 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 08:56 AM

Hi Marlies,

Stay cool and drink plenty of water.

The high death toll in France (3,000 -5,000) is believed to be because the elderly & children didn't drink enough water.

Regards to your mother.

Ann & Ken

#28 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 11:06 AM

I hate to sound dumb but how do you post a photo?

#29 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 12:32 PM

Hi Pat,

Ken put your photo of your dolls on by scanning your photo at work(we don't have a scanner) then putting it on our web page for photos then uploading it to Lisa's message board. But how he did it I don't have a clue.

Jack & Lisa can talk you through it. I think you can just send them a photo .

Ann
Who just learned how to do bold .

[ August 21, 2003, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#30 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 12:42 PM

Mimi, I can relate to what you said....my collection doesn't hold a candle to everyone else's either. But it sure is interesting to see how everyone displays their solids.

One of these days I will be brave and take some pics and share them with all of you. I bought my hubby a digital camera (one that is small enough to fit into an Altoids tin) and will give it a try soon.

Jeanette [Big Grin]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users