11 replies to this topic

#1 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 08:23 PM

Hi Everyone,

I made my pilgrimage to Allen yesterday to see what C.C. had for this month. This is it:

In Solids :

Artichoke $200.00
Dreamy Dessert $56.00
Puppy in A Tub $56.00
Sand Castle $ 56.00
Red Cherry $58.00
Youth Dew Cameo $56.00
Spaniel $56.00
Watering Can $120.00

In Powders Shimmering Spider $200.00
Flamingo $63.00
Parrott $63.00
All Hearts $36.00
On Your Toes $38.50

I will check again middle of August.

More Later...

Mimi

[ August 03, 2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: mimi ]

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 08:57 AM

Thanks for the update Mimi! [Big Grin]

#3 debi

debi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 10:21 PM

Hi there,
I have a question about general EL solids ... Can one usually get a discount off of the newer releases of solids and compacts?
The ones which you have kindly listed are discounted off the list. It's much better to buy from these cosmetic places than from Neiman Marcus let's say. I am from Houston.

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 11:22 PM

Debi,

Yes it is better to buy from the CCS if you want to save money. The down side is you never know what they will have in stock or when they will be getting it.
Other than being an EL employee there is no other way to get a discount on the solids.

#5 Kali

Kali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 11:26 PM

Hi all!!

I'm new to the group, although I have visited the site for quite awhile!

Do these CC's stores accept orders over the phone? Will they ship? Or must you come in-or have someone come in-to purchase solids ?

Thanks for all the great info put on this site!!
It's absolutely wonderful.

I Love everyones' pictures!!
Kali

#6 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 11:42 PM

Kali,

The CCS stores are a touchy subject as they basically treat customers very poorly. They will not tell you anything over the phone and they are not allowed to ship anything out of the store.

Some of the CCS's will only let you buy one or two solids each visit while some only let you buy three solids for your lifetime. There have been situations when they ask for your drivers license and record all your purchases.

I really never have had a problem with mine but there are lots of stories of people who have.

#7 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 12:20 PM

Hi mimi, is there a mistake on the price for Shimmering Spider? USD200 is way above the fixed price from Estee Lauder.

#8 Kali

Kali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 07:39 PM

Thanks for the info Lisa and Mimi!

You've turned me onto a new way to get solids!!! We're making a drive down to the CC store here in Ohio either this weekend or next.

I'll let everyone know what solids they have.

Thanks again!!

Kali

#9 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 09:14 PM

Hi All- I watch and listen to you all and now I am wondering where the nearest CCS store is to Fresno {California}- Does any one know? I need to get in on a discount- I presently have EL in Vegas order and ship me all the new ones- My Rep is a sweety- But I always have to call her to see whats going on? Any insights would be appreciated-

#10 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 10:19 PM

Hi Mark,

Click on the yellow store locations tab at the top then scroll down for the locations of the CC stores.

Ann

#11 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 01:06 PM

Hi Perfumememory!

I, too thought that the price of the Shimmering Spider was wrong, so I called the Allen Outlet today. Of course, the manager was not there. She is always very helpful..but the person that I spoke with, checked and verified that the price was $200.00. I would NEVER pay that for that powder compact and I'll wager that nobody else will either!!

I'm going to call again when the manager is there!!

Mimi

[ September 04, 2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: mimi ]

#12 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 01:15 PM

Hi Mark,

Let me know what you are looking for and I will watch for you here at my C.C. store. I usually keep tabs with what they have gotten in so that I can help anybody that's looking.. [Cool]

Thanks....

Mimi [Big Grin]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users