23 replies to this topic

#1 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 11:04 AM

user posted image

This is a totally unedited photo from the S50.

Ken

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 01:13 PM

Ann & Ken,

Great!!
The photo looks nice and clear, the colors are awesome too! [Smile]

#3 Angelina

Angelina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 01:28 PM

Hi Ann & Ken,

I always enjoy your wonderful pictures, and I especially liked this one because I collect solids, but I also collect Barbies. I would have never thought to put the two together in a display......what a great idea!! You both are incredibly talented and I am sure everyone really appreciates the time and effort that you put into your beautiful photo creations- I know I do! Well I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Keep having FUN!
Angelina

#4 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 01:33 PM

Thanks Angelina,

We love to combine our other collectables with the solids. [Smile]
Saves shelf space also. [Smile]

Ann

#5 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 01:49 PM

What size are you shooting at? That one you posted must have been scaled down, correct?

#6 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 02:35 PM

Hi Ann & Ken,

Absolutely FABULOUS!

You are too COOL! [Cool]

Keep these scenes coming, you are giving me some great ideas [New Laugh]

KK [Big Grin]

#7 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 03:24 PM

Hi Jack,

I am taking the pictures in large format (2594 x 1944 pixels) and super fine mode. The picture that you get for the board has been reduced to approximately 600 x 450 pixels. 650 x 450 pixels fits on the board without having to use the horizontal scroll bar to view. On ocassion I may use a larger picture if there is good reason.

I find that using the best quality original picture makes the final edited photo better. When I edit a picture, I save it under a different name so that I can preserve the original for another day, or for printing.

Incidently, the first accessories I bought with the camera were a second battery and a 64K flash card (I would have bought the 128K card if Circuit City had continued their sale). The second battery insures that I we can work continuously for several hours and the 64K flash card lets us shoot approximately 34 pictures before having to process photos; both necessities while shooting displays.

I need to play around with the camera so that I can take it off automatic and use some of the manual features to take better pitures.

Ken

#8 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 05:20 PM

Ann and Ken,
All of your photos are wonderful! There is alot of artistic talent in your family. You always come up with great ideas for mixing solids with non-solids.

This particular scene brings back fond memories of my youth and my own poodle skirt. [Smile]

Collecting solids is great fun. The challenge of obtaining the next one on your wish list is quite a thrill. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Your pictures make it so much better because you share great ideas on how we too can display our solids. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Thanks,
Barb

[ August 31, 2003, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Nicki169 ]

#9 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 06:13 PM

A great favorite of ours in the 50's was cherry coke so when the cherry came out we just had to make it into a cherry coke.

The faux ice is very easy to find around Christmas time and the coke glasses are found at the Dollar store. I melted a brownish red gel candle over the ice by placing it in the sun to look like chery coke . The cherry sits on top of the faux ice and is not harmed.

The hot fudge sundae was made by molding the shape with putty or anything you have around the house and placing in a sundae dish . I then used my hot glue gun to drizzel the shape of hot fudge running down and whip cream on top. I made a mold impression of the cherry by wrapping it in plastic wrap to fit down in the whip cream once it was dry. After drying I painted it and used clear nail polish to make a shine on the hot fudge. Again the solid sits in the impression and is not harmed in any way.

Ann

#10 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 10:04 PM

Hi Ken,
Try Sam's Club or Costco for the 128MB (or the one up) flash card. It will take 51-63 photos on super fine mode. IBM has a 1Gig flash card. Probably get a zillion photos on that! [Eek!]

Hi Ann,
Amazing technique on the sundae and coke. They look REAL!

Bye,KK [Smile]

#11 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 10:11 PM

Ann,

I love the photo although I love the description of how you created everything even more, you are too creative! [Big Grin]

#12 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 10:46 PM

Ann,
I had no idea there was so much prep work to do to set up the scene! Now it's even more impressive. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Barb

#13 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 12:36 AM

Ann & Ken....
Dumbfounded .....that's what I am at this moment.

I love this one ( of course, I love them all!!).....you brought back happy memories of the fifties for me "poodle skirts..pony tails...cherry cokes"...although I sure as heck was NO BARBIE !! [New Laugh]

Where did you get the juke box and the little cartons of cokes??

You two are great....keep it coming!!

Thanks for the memories...

Mimi

#14 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 06:37 AM

The "Juke Box" is from the Big Lots store. I used it in the diner scene (members photos , click HERE) and is a real radio and the cokes are magnets from Wal mart.
The records are from the party store , 50's party have become popular. I like them because they are light weight and can be taped anywhere.

The flooring is paper with a tile pattern.

The fuzzy black dice I found at a flea market. [Big Grin]

Ann

[ September 01, 2003, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#15 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 08:01 AM

Hi you guys,
I'm jealous as I would love to have been around then, and had a poodle skirt and bobby socks!
Mind you, I pity the poor lad who would have to throw me over is shoulder doing the jive!
I think I would have to stick to the hand jive! [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
I could listen to Elvis all day and all night [Big Grin]
Who knows maybe they will come around again!
Maggie [Cool]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users