37 replies to this topic

#31 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 04:26 PM

Brigitte-

Photographing all those solids would have been fun! I'm far from being a professional photographer though. I use automatic settings for everything at the moment! I still have to read the manual a few times before I know what I am doing. (Tips from the pros out there are welcomed!)

Lisa and I were just talking this morning about taking a trip to Europe next summer sometime. Maybe we'll get to meet some of the collectors over there if we do!

#32 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 05:41 PM

WOW JACK AND LISA!!!!

Double thumbs up for the fantastic Home Page. How exciting!! I love every pixel of it!!! The fan and peacock are even more beautiful.....words just can't describe..... [Roll Eyes]

I'm eager to spend more time just loooking at it!!

Thank you for such a pleasant surprise when I opened the website today!! [Eek!] [Eek!]

Mimi

#33 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 06:09 PM

Jack,
Great job with the home page. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] It's very impressive. Nice close ups of the fan and peacock! [Smile] [Smile] I can't wait for my fan to arrive in the mail. It looks so beautiful.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Barb

#34 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 07:43 PM

Hi Jack,

it would be more than a great pleasure to receive Lisa and you either in Florence or in Z¸rich. Z¸rich would be better though as the solids are there.

Take care, Brigitte

[ August 28, 2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Brigitte ]

#35 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 05:52 AM

Ann, you have really hit the nail on the head!! [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
I didn't think of that at the time [Big Grin]
It is a lot of money but we are all the same and still buy if we like it!, they know they got us where they want us! [Frown]
I need a solid of a little man in a striped suit carrying a bag with swag written on it!! [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
Mind you even that probably wouldn't hold enough for this years solids!
Maggie [Cool]

#36 Gail C.

Gail C.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 12:28 PM

HELLO EVERYONE,
THE STAGECOACH LAYOUT PICTURE WAS TRULY ADORABLE.
YOU DO SUCH A FANTASTIC JOB IN MAKING THESE ITEMS SEEM SO REAL. IT INSPIRES ME TO WANT TO BUY IT.
THANKS AGAIN TO JACK AND LISA FOR GIVING US ALL A PLACE TO GO AND SEE OUR PASSION.
I REALLY THINK THAT THE MERCHANDISE BEING OFFERED IS A GREAT IDEA, VERY UNIQUE!
BEST WISHES TO ALL,
GAIL C.

#37 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 06:21 PM

I love the stagecoach. And I don't mind that Estee Lauder put their name on it.

The stagecoach is a means of transportation. Everytime you get into your car you are advertising some brand Chevy, Ford, BMW, Subaru, etc. Plus the style of the car. The same goes for the planes and trains. Trucks also go one step further by carrying a store name (such as Home Depot) or product name.

I would have been offended if EL had tried to plaster their name on the front or the back of the monkey, peacock or fan. But somehow it looks quite appropriate in the spot they chose on the stagecoach.

This of course is just my opinion.

Barb

[ August 29, 2003, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Nicki169 ]

#38 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 08:55 PM

Ann & Ken - how clever you are I just love this display. The Stagecoach looks wonderful & I'm mad about the Kachina Dolls & the history attached. It's so interesting that everything you do has a story to it.

I don't mind the Estee Lauder on the Stagecoach as they all carried their company's name so there had to be something there to make it more authentic & it might just as well be Estee Lauder as Cobb & Co.or whatever. However I can't see the relevance of putting the Estee Lauder sign on the Rollercoaster.

Karen [Roll Eyes] [Smile]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users