Photo

What do you think next years solids will be??

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#76 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 07:18 AM

Welcome Mark! Another guy on board! Yea! These solids aren't just for ladies anymore [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh] You will have much fun here and learn a lot of great information.

Woody

#77 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 07:32 AM

[Smile] Welcome Mark [Smile]

I like your ideas, we all really have some great ones!!

#78 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 08:24 AM

Welcome Mark,

Ken started out just helping me but now he knows as much as I do about the solids (as I am sure Jack does)and this year is building his very own display for one of them.

Post often and give us some new ideas, photos and opinions.

Ann & Ken

#79 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 10:44 AM

Welcome Mark! I like your name since I have a son named Mark. He's a little bit interested in perfumes too. He really liked the picture of the Chinese junk so of course I have ordered it. He likes oriental designs.

#80 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 11:07 PM

Dear Mark, joining this site is the right thing to do. They are many great people here that share our collections.

If there is a possibility, I hope Estee Lauder can tied up with Disney to do their Princess Character. I love Snow White so much and how I wish I can smell her in my favorite Pleasure perfume in it. One perfume to a princess would be good too. [Razz]

#81 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 12:28 PM

Welcome to the group, Mark! [Smile]

Boy, all of you have come up with some really great ideas for solids. I have to say that I'm having difficulty contributing to this topic. [Confused]

I've been thinking and thinking and all I can come up with is a make-up case or train case as a perfume solid. And maybe even a piece of luggage to go with it.

Jeanette [Silly]

#82 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:16 PM

Welcome, Mark.

Love your idea about the windmill.

Carolyn

#83 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:30 PM

And with the windmill a pair of Dutch wooden shoes. Made with the faux ivory.

Ann

#84 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:39 PM

Hi Jeanette,

Luggage done to match the hatbox colors.

In days of old you always traveled with your hatbox that matched your luggage.

Ann
Who is dating herself.

#85 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 01:44 PM

Hi Ann,

Good idea! Your luggage must definitely coordinate with your hatbox. Couldn't agree more.

I hope EL is reading this!!

Jeanette [Silly]

#86 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 04:49 PM

Ann,
Great idea about the Dutch shoes in faux ivory! I was thinking the same thing. I love the idea of the windmill. And of course I than think it would by great if Jay Strongwater did a bouquet of red tulips.

My first love is for the EL cameo solids. I think it's time they jazzed them up a bit.

My suggestion is that a border of crystals be placed around the cameo. If the cameo is light blue why not have a row or two of faux blue topaz crystals surrounding it. Also why not have a different color background for the cameo? Such as pink or mauve color. After all Wedgewood is known for their blue pieces but they even expanded to different colors.

Barb

[ August 21, 2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Nicki169 ]

#87 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 05:03 PM

Hi Barb,

Do you collect cameos other than EL solids???
Max Factor did a cameo solid as did Corday. And Vanda has a pretty flower cameo solid necklace with ring to match.

Do you collect the(non solid) seashell cameos???

Ann

#88 smileigh

smileigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 05:40 PM

[Puzzled] Wellll.... I think I have managed to hurt my little blonde head thinking of all the different things that could be done with designs.
With another new grandchild on the way I went to Nursery Rhyme themes. Cow Jumping Over the Moon, Humpty Dumpty, Dish and Spoon Runaways, Little Red Riding Hood... That quickly segued into a general 'Horsey' theme. (although, Cowboy & Cowgirl' have been done) I was thinking more of the 'Racing' type horse. That led into the entire 'endangered species' thingie ... sooo... I think I will give my poor little 'bwain' a rest.... *hair twirl gum pop* [Silly] Lord ... a truly 'Blonde ' moment....
My husband suggested Lighthouses. (that is his passion; along with 'fast cars')

#89 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 09:44 PM

Hi Mark,
Welcome to our wonderful website!! Lisa and Jack have done a fantastic job for all of us "Solid Addicts". We will be looking forward to your posts.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!

Mimi [Smile]

#90 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 11:17 PM

Hi All again,
thanx for all the warm greetings- I knew you guys were cool after reading this site for the past few months- I hope you all can save me from bankruptcy after all these new perfumes arrive at my doorstep. There ought to be more men collectors out there- These EL pieces are works of art not perfumes to me- I told Lisa that I have to keep my collection under lock and key or my friends may be tempted- I Wish I could wear the scents- The mens cologne just isn't as nice as the ladies-
Thanx again,
PS- I am on the look out for the carousel!!

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users