Photo

What do you think next years solids will be??

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 06:55 PM

If it were possible, I'd like to see a solid in the shape of San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge. All gold, with crystals running up the spires. Just a wish...

#32 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 10:20 PM

Wow!!!
There are really some great ideas coming out. I can just see a dark blue or red enameled motorcycle with chrome trim --- um um. This was the 100th anniversary of the Harley.
On a different note I would like to see a super posh chaise lounge for mi' lady's boudoir.
I'm a little tired of cats, dogs, hearts snd bears. Of course, anything beautiful in those and I could change my mind and fall in love and be first in line.
Phyllis

#33 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 10:44 PM

Hi Phyllis,

In honor of Harley's 100th Anniversary

user posted image

Ken

#34 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 11:02 PM

Tanks a million Ann

That was g r e a t! Love that picture.
Now I can go to bed smiling - or LOL.

Night

Phyllis

#35 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 11:25 PM

[Eek!] ann & ken, you are full of surprises. You are my solid perfume decorator. Thanks for making my collections' life so interesting. [New Laugh]

#36 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 11:59 PM

Hi Ann,
Your little Scottie sure gets around in style.
You made me LOL [New Laugh] [Silly] [Razz]
BBFN,
KK [Cool]

#37 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 12:13 AM

Hi Mimi,
Back in January (all those conversations ago!) we were guessing what the Winter 2003 solids would be and Nancy put forward a helter-skelter to go with the fairground theme and a knicker bocker glory.
Just for anyone unfamiliar with the terms:
A knicker-bocker glory is a dessert in kind of like a milkshake glass and it's filled with different flavours of icecream, maybe a bit of fruit, cream and those thick, sticky dessert sauces!
As for the Helter Skelter it is a tall tower enclosing a spiral staircase with a slide that coils round the outside of it from top to bottom.
ah back to my childhood on our holidays at the seaside when we would climb the stairs with a mat(a bit like a coir door mat)and slide down on it!
[New Laugh] [New Laugh]

#38 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 06:10 AM

Ann & Ken

Love it, too cute!!!!
Thanks for sharing us all of us. [Big Grin]

#39 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 10:47 AM

Ann & Ken

Beautiful as always,so sweety!!! Thank you so much!!!

Enjoy your WeekEnd!!!

Liliane

#40 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 11:10 PM

Hi Liliane,

Thought Hans might like this one.

Carolyn's husband also rides.

Ann

#41 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 11:57 PM

How about a Solid like Lisa's shoes.....?

I think it would make a great solid!!!

Has anyone posted pictures of NM new solids?

Thanks Patricia

#42 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 12:21 PM

Patricia,
Just go up to the top of the page and click on search. A screen will pop up that you can type in 2003 solids and than click on search. All of the pictures have been listed in previous posts. Hope this helps you out.

Barb

[ August 15, 2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Nicki169 ]

#43 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:39 PM

Hi Ann

Definitely - Hans likes this one - he loves all motorcycles!!! Have you also a "Racing Motorcycle" to display??? [Wink] [Wink] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Hi Patricia

I love your idea of Lisa's shoes. Although EL already made many shoes and handbags, I would still see gladly more to this topic.

Houw would it be with a "completely normal", beautiful, black, white and brown horse (without riders) - so also no "Magical Unicorn", no "Pegasus" or "Rocking Horse"???

One would be raised head, one would eat, the other would lay simply???

#44 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 05:50 AM

Well, I'm just catching up with all the posts. My computer is very sick and needs replacing. I'm confused (normal state for me of course) I thought LOL was Lots of Love!! Gosh! all those times I thought people were sending me love and it was laughs! Oh well, I feel a bit deflated now. On the subject of new solids how about the dollar sign $ that would look nice to go with the Vegas solids wouldn't it? It could either be just in sparkly white crystals or it could be red, white and blue to go with the Americas Apple, Drum and the Hat, not to mention the compacts too. Or... what about green so it's dollar coloured? In fact what about a dollar bill?
Yes Fee, I would still like to see the Knickerbocker Glory and the Helter Skelter too. Jack, did you get the chance to try a knickerbocker glory when you were over here?

Nancy

#45 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 02:09 PM

I have been thinking long and hard about this (sad I know!) [Silly]
I would like to see an ice cream van (that could even go with the circus theme) a cocktail glass to go with the ice bucket and a Bride and Groom to go with the wedding cake.
We should all get together and design the solids!
We could charge EL a small fortune and think of the fun we would have! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
BBFN
Maggie [Cool]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users