• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 08:34 PM

Love the solid but has anyone removed it from the box and taken the little plastic ban around the cord off? The band is so tight it leaves the cord with little grooves in it.

We have hung the solid up so maybe with time the little grooves will go away. Hope so as it is very distracting on such a wonderful solid.

Of course to wear it a sterling chain would look better anyway. This is a solid that would look perfect with the famous little black dress(on a silver chain).

It is very elegant and light weight and looks expensive(except for that dang cord). [New Laugh] Maybe I am just not a silk cord kind of gal. [New Laugh] Nor do I have a little black dress. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

I can also see several of these on a mirror(without that cord) with some little tea lights giving the impression of floating flowers on a romantic lake with unicorns resting on the shore.
OK, Ann's nap time. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Ann & Ken

P.S.
The new closure is good and being signed inside with the fragrance , date & EL means no more lost labels. Hope they will all be this way.
Can't tolerate the fragrance- very sneezy.

[ July 31, 2003, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:15 PM

Yes, Ann, you are so correct, I did the same thing today because I just had to wear it around the house. I noticed that when the little plastic elastic was removed the silk cord looked as if it had snags in it. [Puzzled]
I also left mine out to "hang" and looking at it now- the cord still looks pulled and not right.

I volunteer to be the test person for all solids, I would have let them know about this! [New Laugh]

I do however love this solid, I also like the packaging with card and detail of the bead on the end of the necklace, very elegant.

It does look good with my shoes!!!! [New Laugh]

I also like the fragrance very much, I am a Lauder junkie. [Razz]

p.s- Ann & Ken,
can't wait for the photo!!!!!

[ July 31, 2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:35 PM

For Mimi....
user posted image
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ July 31, 2003, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#4 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:53 PM

Ann..I think I sense another one of your unique photos in the works! Sounds wonderful! [Razz]

#5 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:42 AM

After hanging all night the cord is no better.

I know EL thought it was a good idea to put a band on the cord to hold it in the box but did anyone at EL do a test on what it would do to silk?

Is there anyway to "iron" the silk cord??? Maybe steam the creases out. They are very deep.

I don't think the silk cords in the past were packaged this way. It seems that they were packaged in a more gentle way.

Who designed this solid ? It is so different than anything in the recent past. Very elegant and has a good feel to it (except for that dang cord).

And if you compare the amount of perfume in the "older ones" to this one you can fill about 10 of this one with the perfume from the older ones. EL rep. stated that since the collectors were not interested in the fragance they were going to use less in their solids. Boy you can say that . [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

This solid is still will worth the price and with a little tinkering(shorter sterling chain) will be perfect.

Ann & Ken

#6 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:45 AM

Hi Lisa,

hope the pic wasn't for Mimi only [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh] what a cute picture!!!! The necklace really fits perfectly with your shoes.

Ann,

the Language of Heart necklace was packed with an elastic arround the silken cord and also showes some markes.
Brigitte

[ August 01, 2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Brigitte ]

#7 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:39 PM

HI Ann! Maybe hanging the cord in your bathroom while taking a hot shower...the steam will help straighten it out? I'd take the solid off though to not disturb the solid perfume inside! [Big Grin]

I have a couple of old necklaces in their original boxes and what I noticed was the box underneath the solid had some space under it and the necklace was tucked underneath it, but was still able to rest, unkinked. Perhaps they could've packaged it that way? [Roll Eyes]

#8 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:04 PM

Lisa;

Great shoes and what a match!!! Love to see the dress you would wear these with!! More show and tell please.

Phyllis

#9 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:50 PM

Lisa.....

Thank you for the wonderful pics of the shoes and necklace. They are a really a perfect compliment to each other. [Wink] .... And I LOVE the blue cord accenting.

I'm sooooo jealous tho.....everybody Just LOOK at her gorgeous feet and ankles. [Eek!] [Eek!] If I tried wearing those shoes you would have to call 911 (that's an ambulance...here in Texas). [Frown] [Frown]

Youth and Beauty!! Wow [Big Grin]

I am going to have that necklace......I love it!

Best,

Mimi

#10 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 10:00 PM

Lisa,
Wow! Those shoes are very sexy!! [Eek!] [Eek!] Like from Sex and the City.

Ann,
Cords are the in thing this year for necklaces. I'm partial to blue, so I think it looks great. I don't know how well it will hold up if you wear the necklace alot??

But a silver chain/necklace always looks elegant on a black dress. [Wink] [Wink]

Barb

#11 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 05:20 AM

Wow Lisa, love those shoes! [Cool]
They do go so well.

Nancy

#12 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 08:13 AM

Wow, Lisa. Those shoes are just incredible! Unfortunately, if I wore them in my neighborhood I'd probably be arrested. Ultra-conservative place, very boring...but I mean that in the nicest way. [Silly]

Plus, if I were not put in jail, I'd probably get my heel caught in one of the strings, fall and break my neck (also the solid.) [Embarrassed]

Do they by any chance come in "flats?" [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Seriously, they're just really neat! [Smile] [Smile]

Made my day...thanks! [Roll Eyes]

Michele

[ August 03, 2003, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Michele ]

#13 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 08:50 PM

What gorgeous shoes, Lisa!! [Big Grin] If EL begins designing perfume solid necklaces to coordinate with shoes, I'm in big trouble. [Eek!] [Silly]

#14 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 09:08 PM

My goodness, lisa has the best taste in shoes. I have been away and come back and there is Lisa in such great shoes....WOW !!!! So where did you find those beauties.....?
This is the second time I have had to mention Lisa's shoes.
Always say a women's shoes, bag, and solid just says it all..... [Wink] [Razz] [Smile] [Cool]

Patricia

#15 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 10:11 PM

Patrica,

I got the shoes at Nieman Marcus last call, I saw them and knew immediately I had to have them. I have not yet worn them out of the house they were waiting for the perfect solid necklace! [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users