• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Astrid

Astrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 01:50 PM

WOW, I'm impressed, and I love sparkling things, too ! After visiting the Judith Leiber website ( Lisa : some of her shoes are made for YOU [Big Grin] - does Jack know ? ) I must say that it will be very interesting to see how EL & JL are going to combine their different directions.
What I want to say is that everybody can add Swarovski crystals to a heart shaped solid or a puppy or whatever, there's no need to engage a high end designer.
On the other side: Which other desgn can be done for solids e.g. for the Circus theme, the Fantasy theme, and so on ?

Does anybody have any idea ? Speculations ?
As said: very very interesting !

Astrid

#17 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 03:11 PM

I love to speculate. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

When EL went with Jay Strongwater his designs did not "go with" what was already done so maybe JL's will not either. A whole new look.

But from what I have seen of her work it is like the older solids pre-Conte so maybe EL is going back to that ( the jeweled fruit etc).

And maybe since JL will be making hundreds of solids not just a one of a kind handbag the price can be reasonable.

Ann

#18 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 03:23 PM

Here is my speculation....

I think the JL designs will be totally different just like Strongwater's, I also think the price point will remain in the $150-$300 range.

They will most likely all be Neiman Marcus exclusives.

I am going to email from the JL site and see what response I get.

Either way I am excited! [Big Grin]

Going to go check out the shoes now- it's about that time that I get a new pair!!! [New Laugh]

#19 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:08 PM

Cordial thanks Ann and Lisa for your help and link!

If I write the name correctly, I actually find a lot [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Thanks Ann, with reading fast the difference from the way of writing to the other one, was for me not noticeable [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

You are right Uma, the name (written correctly or wrongly) sound both really very German. The wrong way written would have been the nicer name [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Liliane

#20 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:10 PM

If the imformation is correct they will be NM exclusives. NM sell the JL line now.

Ann

#21 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:18 PM

This is exciting news. [Eek!] I really do hope it is true. I saw an exhibit of Judith Leiber bags at the Corcoran last December and they were gorgeous. I'm sure if she designs perfume solids for EL, they will be equally as nice.

Thanks for sharing this rumor with us, Ann!
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Jeanette

[ August 07, 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette ]

#22 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:23 PM

I surely hope it is true. Meantime we have something to talk about. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

What would be very exciting if JL kept some kind of control over them and didn't let EL sell them in warehouse sales flooding the market.

CC stores don't bother me just the EL warehouse sales that sell them for pennies on the dollar.
And don't even get me started on prototypes that make it to ebay.

Ann

[ August 07, 2003, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#23 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:38 PM

I feel the same as you Ann, hate to see that.

I don't think JL would have that control over EL but let's hope I am wrong and she does!!

I think from JL I would like to see a solid that was a powder compact it would open just as the powder compact would and it would have a mirror and a little puff, the compact would be a jeweled design and the solid would be under the mirror.

I think we need to start the guessing of next years solids!!

Before we start let me say my first guess is a riverboat! [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

#24 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for describing Judith Leiber. I didn't know what she designed. There's no way I could afford her purses [Eek!] ! Even if I could, my lifestyle is the most causual you can get. [New Laugh]

Would like to see a coca-cola can covered with stones. [Smile] Animals are always good too.

#25 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 06:35 PM

While we are on the subject of Judith Leiber, check out her handbags on Neiman's website. She also has adorable pillboxes.

http://www.neimanmar...9&cmCat=&page=3

Jeanette [Silly]

#26 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for the link Jeanette and thanks Ann & Ken for keeping us all posted with such juicy information.

That rose bag is to die for.

The small pill boxes are $370 each!! [Eek!]
Neiman Marcus always has the most solids, 9 this year!!
We are all in trouble!!!!! [Razz]

[ August 07, 2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#27 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 08:42 PM

I just hope we are not going to be paying for the "big designer"name like with the wedding cake.

I really don't care who designs them if they are wonderful to look at and the cost is reasonable.

Ann

#28 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:51 PM

Ann:

Do you have any idea how long Conte has been designing for Estee Lauder, and what his feelings are on this change? I had heard he was disturbed when they brought Jay Strongwater on, but that could have been a rumor.

Now I'm going to go study my Fantasy Flower. If any will fall apart, it probably will be mine.

Michele [Smile]

#29 sparkle4me

sparkle4me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:02 PM

I LOVE Judith Leiber!!! I just wish her handbags weren't so expensive. [Cry]
Oh well! Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens! [Smile]
Jeannie [Wink]

#30 Uma

Uma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 03:04 AM

Hi all,
after see the NM Website(thank you Jeanette),I love JL too [Silly]
The Humpty Dumpty Pillbox is very funny [Smile] [Smile]
And yes Liliane,the wrong written name sounds better(oder wre mir "Lieber" [New Laugh] ).
Have all a sunny nice day Uma [Cool] [Smile]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users