• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 05:44 PM

Word is Conte is no longer going to design for EL and Judith Leiber will be.

This will be very interesting if true.

Ann & Ken

[ August 07, 2003, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#2 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 06:08 PM

If true, it will be very interesting....do you think that prices will go up with such a high profile designer [Eek!]

The drama continues!

#3 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 06:11 PM

Hi Woody,

I would think so but then Jay Strongwater kept the prices of his solids down compared to his other stuff.
That is why this will be interesting.

I am a little surprised that if they were going to go in this direction that they didn't use Katherine Baumann since she does their powder compacts.

Ann

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 07:00 PM

Oh very interesting. [Big Grin]

Everything will be so sparkly !!! Hurray [Smile]

#5 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 08:18 PM

Can't wait to see Judith sitting in a dept. store signing boxes. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Ann

#6 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 09:37 PM

Oh Boy [Big Grin] [Big Grin] .......I love sparklies and I always drool over the beautiful handbags that are her (Judith's) works of art. I can't wait to see what happens with this...... [Cool]

I may have to plan to serve "Red Beans Myrtle Springs Style" to justify a new purchase or two!! [New Laugh] [New Laugh] Actually, I would have to serve it A Lot !! Poor Rob (my husband) hates RBMSS!! [Mad] [Mad]

Best to all,

Mimi

#7 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:17 PM

I too am happy,
Judith Lieber is one of my favorite purse designer....Lisa your right very sparkly [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

Just go in to the hotel Bellagio in Las Vegas where she has her store..... My friend just bought a purse for big bucks $$$$ and she has to return it due to the stones are falling out....Alot of the celebrities use her purses in the movies, like Sex and the City and at the acadamy awards....she also has compacts.

I think this should be interesting...
I am really in a lull about buying solids because I'm waiting for all the new ones.

Well I need to get my beauty sleep [Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep]

GOOD NITE ALL
DEBBIE

#8 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 12:33 AM

HAHA! WITH THAT SUBJECT TITLE, I THOUGHT YOU ANNE & KEN HAD TURNED GERMAN FOR A MINUTE THERE!

I KNOW I DON'T POST MY THOUGHTS OFTEN ENOUGH (TO PLEASE LISA - JOKE!), BUT THERE ARE SOME GREAT INSIGHTS, ADVICE AND LAUGHS ON THIS SITE THAT I HAVE APPRECIATED (APART FROM THE GOOD PEOPLE I HAVE MET & BOUGHT SOLIDS OFF!)

THANKS FOR THE INSIGHT ON ALL THE INTERESTING THINGS THAT HAPPEN OVER THERE . . . I JUST FIND IT HARD TO CONTRIBUTE COMMENTS WHICH PROBABLY WOULD BE 'OLD' NEWS OR IRRELEVANT FROM OVER HERE (AUSSIELAND).

SANDRA

#9 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 03:29 AM

Nice good morning!

Lisa, Ann or .....

Has someone of you a describtion of Judith Lieber ???
Can someone tell me please, what she has designd everything? Sorry, but I do not know ..... [Silly] [Silly] , perhaps also other members would be interested in that!?

[Smile] Cordial thanks in advance! [Smile]
[New Laugh] [Big Grin] Enjoy your WeekEnd! [New Laugh] [Big Grin]

Greetings from Switzerland, Liliane

#10 Uma

Uma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 03:48 AM

Hello all together,
Oh yes Liliane I•m curious too and hope for more information about Judith Lieber(this name sounds german),and maybe a photo about her Compact•s?
It would be great [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Many greetings from Uma [Smile] [Smile]

#11 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:16 AM

Hi,

Judith Leiber is a "famous " designer known mostly for her handbags. Some of the stars at awards show carry her bags.(seems EL has a thing for awards shows). They are usually in the shape of a animal , phone, building etc. They are covered with crystals. Very expensive.

Found some on ebay. #3425044912 . And there are plenty more to see. Just got to spell her name right. [New Laugh]
For more imformation go to google and type in her name.

I am finding this imformation that she is going to design for EL hard to believe but if true very intersting.

Ann

[ August 07, 2003, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#12 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:32 AM

I have always wanted a MINAUDIERE by JUDITH LEIBER but always hesitated because of the price. Now maybe I can have a solid, LOL. Hope the prices don't go up anymore on the if they do use her. Her work is gorgeous. Lainey [Eek!]

#13 Uma

Uma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:33 AM

Hello Ann,
wow,wow,what a phantastic,beautiful handbag on ebay [Eek!] [Eek!]
It would be great,when Judith leiber create some Solids for EL;i really hope it.
Now I•m surfing to google for more ,thank you so much Ann,many greetings Uma [Smile]

#14 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 12:39 PM

She has a site at http://www.judithleiber.com also. Be patient, the front page loads very slowly but eventually the movie will start.

#15 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 01:06 PM

Thanks Lisa for the link. [Big Grin]

Saw that there is a soon to be collectors club.
And we thought our bank balance was in trouble before . [New Laugh] If true Ann may have to get a job. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Wonder if they will announce she is going to do this on the web site??

Stay tuned.
Ann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users