#1 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 04:27 AM

Hi all together !
What do you think about that.
I have bidding on a "Treasure Chest" mint in box and information paper included and was the happy winning bidder [Smile] . I had no idea that the piece we are calling the "rope" is a treasure chest.
After I had won it I get a mail from an outbid bidder !!!

" I hope you are happy now with this solid. I'm searching for one year for this solid. I'm sure you have a huge collection and I have nothing. "

I'm often outbid by other bidders and I think we all have the same problem. I'm sure too we are all angry about if we are outbid but I never will write emails to the one who has outbid me. I have more importend things to do. It does'nt change anything and I think we have all chances for another bid sometimes.

My ebay name is maeuschen88 but I think you will know it for sure and I'm sorry if someone was outbid by me [Puzzled] .

Tell me what you think about those people.

Best wishes !
Michaela

#2 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 05:53 AM

Hi Michaela, seems we Europeans are the only ones up just now.
It can be a problem when sending emails as they sometimes 'sound' differently than they were intended. I only hope this is the case here. I have only once emailed someone who outbid me and I am now worried that my message may have been misinterpreted. I cannot even remember which one I was bidding on, I just remember it was one that, at that time, I wanted a great deal. It must have been one that didn't come up very often. I emailed the buyer to say it was a lovely piece and I was sure it would give him/her a great deal of pleasure. Now you have me thinking. How exactly did I word that email and how did the other person react to it.
The way I look at it is this. You win some, you lose some. There will be others come up for auction at some point and I may get them. I have also found that if someone gets a really good price for a solid it encourages other sellers to put theirs up for auction and in that case the second bite at the cherry may actually cost less! In fact sometimes a nicer one comes up and if, like me, you have limited resources, you wouldn't be able to bid for that one if you'd bought the first one. I am a great believer in fate.
The first time I won something on ebay I used buy it now and I can remember how thrilled I was. Little did I know how much that first buy was to change my whole concept of shopping and that I would find so many great people through it. (Especially on this site). I wonder if the outbid bidder knows of this site. I also wonder if they realise that they have upset you. The whole point of auctions is supply and demand. The more demand there is the higher the price. People who enter auctions should realise this. Perhaps it was someone very young who only had pocket money, a sulky teenager perhaps.
Anyway, I'm sure it won't put any of us off bidding. I remember I was bidding for something at an auction and the person I was bidding against was sitting behind me. It was getting very close to my limit and I was really glad when the hammer fell on my bid. The lady who lost made a great deal of noise getting up from her seat and stormed off in a huff. I know I would have been upset if I'd lost. That item is one of my favourite things now, but because I love it not because I beat someone else to it.
Don't worry about it. I'm sure there was no malice intended.

Nancy

[ July 27, 2003, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Nancy ]

#3 Uma

Uma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 06:19 AM

Hi Michaela,
I mean, you donĄt must have a bad conscience,really!!!! Thats Ebay,and the Bidder who write this bad Email is very unfair.Who donĄt know the Ebayrules,should not bid.
Forget this nasty mail!
Maybe itĄs only a trick,to come easy to solids!!!!
Have a sunny Sunday,Uma [Smile] [Cool] [Smile]

#4 Uma

Uma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 06:20 AM

Hi Michaela,
I mean, you donĄt must have a bad conscience,really!!!! Thats Ebay,and the Bidder who write this bad Email is very unfair.Who donĄt know the Ebayrules,should not bid.
Forget this nasty mail!
Maybe itĄs only a trick,to come easy to solids!!!!
Have a sunny Sunday,Uma [Smile] [Cool] [Smile]

#5 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 06:21 AM

Hi Nancy !
There was no missinterpretation about this mail.
It was really a sad mail not a congratulation like yours. I hope the one who wrote it will read it here, remember and stop doing things like that. I don't want to tell a name to blame the person !!!

Michaela

#6 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 06:24 AM

Hi Uma !
I'm feeling better now [Big Grin] .

Have a great sunny sunday too !

Michaela

#7 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 06:35 AM

Hello Michaela,

I have no idea what you paid for your Treasure Chest, but if the person who is so sad wants to contact, there is one here which I have the opportunity to purchase if still available!

Meanwhile, am learning alot about Ebay, and haven't dipped my toes into the water as yet! Nancy can explain!

Regarding the messages which you are receiving asking for credit card details etc., I presume you are all reporting this to the necessary source. These are scams and fraudulent which obviously need following up....

Thanks for bringing to our attention! Hopefully when I do get started with Ebay, I will have learned quite alot!

Wishes to you all,

Jacky

#8 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 06:51 AM

Hi Jacky !
I maybe paid a little lot 77,-$ but it's perfect to me . Excellent box, information paper included,
untouched perfume and excellent label on bottom.
Maybe he or she will contact you.

P.S. I'm now out of town this week and will return next friday evening. Than I'm again out of town for two weeks. Than I have to paint up my new home. Do you know when you will come to germany ? Don't want to miss to meet you [Big Grin]

Have a nice sunday !
Michaela

#9 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 08:45 AM

Thanks Michaela,

The one here, if it is the same one, would cost more.

Will let you know re Germany as soon as I have the dates. Will do so through your private email, plus telephone number there.

Have a quiet and peaceful Sunday!

Jacky

#10 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 10:16 AM

Hi Jacky, I think the Treasure Chest you are talking about is the one that was out last year. It was a chest with treasure in it. Is that right? I think the one Michaela is talking about is the Rope one from the 70's I think with the turquoise stone in the centre.

Nancy

#11 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 10:38 AM

I can't imagine sending an e-mail like that and I'm sorry you received it. Someone must not understand the auction concept at all. Enjoy your solid, and hopefully the sender of your e-mail has gotten over her unhappiness and realizes this was an unfair e-mail to send. Maybe another solid the sender likes will come along soon, and everyone will be happy.

#12 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 11:23 PM

Bottom line when dealing with auctions..

He/she with the most money wins!!

Not everything in life is fair and it is totally unfair that that person contacted you Michaela.

Enjoy your new solid!! [Big Grin]

#13 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 06:19 PM

Hi Michaela,
Enjoy your new solid and don't give this rude email a second thought. [Roll Eyes]

The highest bidder wins the auction, that's how it's always been! [Cool]

[Big Grin]

#14 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 07:09 PM

Michaela,

Sorry you received such a rude email. You are such a nice person and I can't believe someone would do that. [Puzzled]

Bidders take risks....sometimes you win and sometimes you loose. I get angry about loosing certain auctions, but I never send the winner nasty comments. Who knows? Other people may get angry at me also.

Something strange happened before. This lady competed against me on Texas postcard auctions. Somehow we both collected and wanted the same stuff. She bought cards from me once. I shipped them. One full year later she sent the most nasty emails ever. She insulted me and claimed I owed her 25 cents! Of course I didn't. She just tried to pick a fight. I couldn't believe she doesn't have any negs.

#15 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 11:17 PM

Michaela
I would not put much stock in that persons rudeness.
The nerve some people have is amazing. These are the same people who would try to sell you beach front property located in the middle of a desert.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users