Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:42 PM

Did anyone else notice this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=2183121928

This little kitty seems to be doing the rounds. The first time round it was removed "seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale" a couple of days before the auction was due to end.
It then reappeared a few days later (no changes that I could notice to the start price or description) and second time round it was ended for the same reason with less than 6 hours to the auction end (not sure exactly when during those 6 hours as I was asleep).
Wonder if it will come round again? [Puzzled] [Confused]

#2 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:56 PM

I saw this auction, but didn't pay attention to what was happening. The seller probably ended early because the bids weren't going as high as they wanted. [Confused] Hehehe boxed ivory solids always go beyond my price range. [Eek!]

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 08:54 PM

What happened to the seller from the UK with the Harrods rose and shopping bag????

The auctions have suddenly ended.

If the auction already has bids then I so don't think it is fair to ask the seller to end the auction.

Too bad! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

#4 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:02 PM

Tell me about it. I was going to bid on the Harrods bag when suddenly the auction ended. So I emailed the seller asking her about it and she indicated that she had gotten an offer from someone to purchase a portion of her collection, including the Harrods bag. [Mad]

I was so disappointed. [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

#5 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:44 PM

Very sad [Cry] looks like there is a lot of it going on [Mad] (never had chance to use that head before! [New Laugh] )

I suppose on the bright side we all had a bit of excitement at the prospect of getting hold of a rarely seen solid for the collection and we get to keep our money! [Roll Eyes] [New Laugh]

Roll on the next lot!! [Suspicious]

#6 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 10:27 PM

Who keeps making offers? [Mad] It seems that all Harrods bag auctions I saw this year ended early buy the seller (except the lucky BIN winner). Is it the same person every time or different?

It's seems like collecting has become cut throat. [Puzzled] [Cry] [Mad] [Suspicious]

[ July 17, 2003, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: greyhound ]

#7 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 10:47 PM

Jeanette,

Like you I had the page up ready to make my bid & the auction ended. I was so disappointed (after watching it all week) I also emailed the seller who told me she had an offer she could not refuse from a private buyer & as it had not reached it's reserve she didn't think it was going anywhere fast! What rubbish - I told her it was very unfair & unethical particularly as she was obviously an experienced e-bayer & knew the ropes - the real bidding is always in the last couple of minutes. I'm sure I speak for most of us but it really does make a mockery of the whole e-bay system if people can buy & sell like that. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

#8 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 02:35 AM

Hi Karen

You speak me from the heart - I am absolute your opinion - very annoying!!! [Mad] [Mad]

[Smile] [Smile] Somewhat completely different(very pleasing)one that I wanted to ask you already for a long time. From where do you know so well German??? [Smile] [Smile]

#9 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 02:49 AM

Hi Fee

Actually I wanted to offer on this sleeping cat. Then I controlled the feedbacks of this seller and decide however not to bid on this item - in order to not let destroy all my good experiences I made on eBey.

[Mad] [Mad] That the seller ended this listing again early fits absolutely to his "machinations"! [Mad] [Mad]

[Smile] [Smile] Have a wonderful day! [Smile] [Smile]

#10 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 07:36 AM

You are absolutely right, Aussie Girl. The real bidding is always in the last couple of minutes. And Fee, I couldn't agree more. I'd like to think it was her loss, but I really really want that Harrods bag! Oh well.

Jeanette [Big Grin]

#11 lolly

lolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 05:07 PM

Hi everyone I was also watching the rose and harrods bag then they disappeared.Thanks everyone for explaining what happened cheers lolly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users