Photo

Man can not live by Estee Lauder solids alone!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 July 2002 - 03:50 PM

Lisa,
I know that this site is dedicated to Estee Lauder solids but can we also discuss other solid companies? I ask because it's getting harder and harder for me and I'm sure others to purchase the Estee Lauder solids "old" and "new" due to the high prices. Therefore, I would like to put out a request for some of the other really cool solids by Max Factor, Florenza and Corday to name a few.
Your thoughts,

Colette

#2 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 07 July 2002 - 04:04 PM

That would also be fun!!!

The prices are now very good for buying Max Factor, Corday and others.

It would keep us happy and busy while we wait for our next hard to find vintage EL or the once a year new ones.

Some of the workmanship on the vintage "other"solids is wonderful.

Or if you want to keep this site just EL, how about the El powder compacts? Some of us collect both. We like to collect vintage EL powder compacts that match the solid perfume compact.

Ken and Ann

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 07 July 2002 - 05:30 PM

Yes, discussing other solids is fine, I have created a new forum for this subject. You'll see it on the main chat page. [Smile]

#4 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 05:51 AM

Hi Lisa !
I think it could be interesting to see pictures
from solids of other companies wich are not
puplished in Roselyn Gersons book.
Maybe you can make a section for this photos too.

Have a nice day !

Michaela

#5 april

april

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 05:56 PM

[Cool] I agree with Colette. I just started collecting E.L. and other solids this year and the bidding for E.L. solids can get insane.I have the E.L. book and people will bid way above high value to get it! I can understand when you just have to have it, but it happens all the time on Ebay.If you make a modest salary then alot of them are out of your reach, and there is nowhere else to get them.If there where more places besides Ebay to get E.L. maybe sellers wouldn't get so crazy on their reserve prices. Okay, was on a rant there, but it can be fustrating.I do collect other solids, Corday,Max Factor,Prince Matchabelli... which are nice too and you can get really good deals on Ebay.So if anyone else does too it would be interesting to discuss or see pics.Thanks Lisa for giving everyone a forum to discuss everything from new E.L. solids to problems on Ebay.This site has been great and I really enjoy coming here. [Smile]
April

#6 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 10:03 PM

Lisa
Thanks for the new forum about non Estee Lauder solids!

Colette

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users