2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 10:54 AM

I just returned from a breakfast hosted by Neiman Marcus and Estee Lauder where EL showcased a limited amount of their collection of solid perfumes and powder compacts as well as an unveiling of their new ones for 2003, exclusive to NM.

They showed a video on the life of Estee Lauder (which I'm sure most of you have seen) and a slide presentation of some of their older solids. EL also touched on Roselyn Gerson's book and mentioned her club and newsletter.

Included in the display of solids were the ivory collection, including the Imperial Princess, in the box no less! They had quite a few older ones, some of which I cannot name off the top of my head. But when they brought up the Imperial Princess, the EL Rep. had mentioned Brigitte's website and how she is one of many collectors who is interested in the Imperial Princess. I believe the point the EL Rep. was trying to make was that the solid perfumes, particularly the older ones, are highly coveted by collectors such as Swisslady.

All-in-all, it was a nice opportunity to see the solids in person and meet other collectors. And EL sure did pump up a lot of ladies into pre-ordering the NM fall solids. I put in my order for a couple of them but I am saving my $$$ for the Strongwater solids. [Silly]

Jeanette [Big Grin]

#2 sparkle4me

sparkle4me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 03:53 PM

The Imperial Princess????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---> Passes out.
OMG! I want that one so incredibly bad! Was it for sale? Do you know who I can get in touch with to buy it if it was? Did they sell it?
---> Passes out.
It must have been so beautiful!
Jeannie

#3 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 04:39 PM

I'd love to have the Imperial Princess too. Unfortunately, it was not for sale. It is part of EL's archives. It sure was pretty though!

I also forgot to mention that one of the attendees at this morning's breakfast had asked about the number of solids they distribute of each design. The response from the EL was that they do not give that number out. [Frown] They mentioned that they have very few solids where they are considered Limited Editions, which are typically for their high-end buyers and usually retail around $2,000-$3,000. She mentioned the names of a couple of solids that fall within this category, but their names escapes me. I guess I should have taken notes. Perhaps one of you might know!

And it seemed as though EL really didn't want to take any questions from the attendees during their presentation. [Puzzled]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users