• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 01:03 PM

What do you think of ebay's new page layout?

I like the old page layouts so much better, maybe I am just not use to it yet but the older way was much easier to read and more aesthetically pleasing. [Puzzled]

#2 Uma

Uma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 01:29 PM

Hello Lisa,
that¥s just what I think. The old Division was much clearer than the New one. [Confused]
Many greetings,Uma [Smile]

#3 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 02:58 PM

I hate it. [Mad] Ebay removed some stuff (links) like:

[*]leaving feedback
    [*]forms of payment accepted

[*]countries seller willing to ship (France is my favorite to buy perfume from, but many French sellers don't ship outside Europe)

[*]bid history when seller cancelled bids to end auction early

[*]no longer see seller email address after winning auction [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [list]" title="" src="graemlins/puzzled.gif" />

[ July 13, 2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: greyhound ]

#4 Marlies

Marlies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 05:06 PM

Not all new things will be better [Frown] Don't like ebay's new page layout!!!
Marlies

#5 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 05:11 PM

I AGREE! [Frown] [Eek!]
KK [Smile]

#6 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 06:05 PM

It does have its positive points.

It saves money.

Time I figure out how , what , when & where , I am out of the mood to bid. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Ann

#7 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 07:09 PM

I don't like it either. the German page has been changed about 2 month ago and I always feared that they will change the US one too.

Brigitte

#8 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 07:41 PM

I did email ebay with my opinion on the new page layout.

I told them it stinks and want the old way back (I didn't exactly word it like that but they will get the idea!) [Suspicious]

#9 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 08:01 PM

I agree with you all. The Australian page changed 3-4 weeks ago but I still feel 'all over the place with it'. It seems to be the thing with computers - the 'powers that be' keep fiddling with them trying to improve on the format that everyone is happy with. Perhaps if enough of us complain........ [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Karen

#10 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 10:46 PM

Nope!! I don't like it either. It's a "cold" layout.

Surely they can do better!!

Mimi [Cry]

#11 Angelina

Angelina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 11:08 PM

Hello!
I am new to Solidperfume.com, but I have been using Ebay for years. I agree with everyone and don't like the new layout either. I was so comfortable with the older layout and was able to find the needed info quickly.
It always seems that when they have a good thing that they have to go and change it.
Well thanks for listening, Angelina

#12 Mini

Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:15 AM

Don't like it either. Going through the pages now is like going through an obstacle course. Ann is right it puts people off bidding.Ebay should at least send its users an email selling the new lay-out. I don't even know what we're supposed to like about it?! [Confused]

#13 bja

bja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 02:17 AM

I've complained to ebay (has anyone else?) but they say the changes were made to accomodate customer requests. I said if only 1% wanted change, 99% were happy so why change. Fell on deaf ears I guess. But if we ALL complain.....

Regards,

Bruce

#14 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 05:32 AM

Bruce,

I agree with you and I also sent them an email the problem was that it took a lot of time searching around to find the proper topic/person to email to! [Mad]

Ebay doesn't make it easy to get in touch with customer service.

I even tried to find the new page layout on the ebay chat areas to see if others feel the same way but could find nothing. Like I said it is not easy trying to communicate with them. [Roll Eyes]

Jack said it best, he said it looks like the new page layout was done by a code guy rather than a web designer. [Suspicious]

#15 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 05:56 AM

After more time searching on ebay I have found this area on the ebay chat boards. Sounds like not many are happy with the new changes. I love some of the graemlins, there is one that is throwing up in disgust of the new pages, it is too funny! [New Laugh]

Here is the link if anyone cares to complain:
ebay chat board- discussion on new page layout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users