• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 EsteeMania

EsteeMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 11:37 PM

Hi Everyone - Just thought I would share some info I just got on that A&E special for Estee Solids. It should be on June 30th at 9AM. This is the information I was given by A&E channel. I hope it is correct information as I would like to see it & tape it. Make sure to check the time in your area.

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 11:35 PM

Great tip! Thanks for the information, I have been wanting to see that episode. I am going to mark it on my calander!

#3 EsteeMania

EsteeMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 June 2002 - 08:51 AM

Hi ladies - Don't forget to watch. It is on this morning.

#4 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 June 2002 - 06:47 PM

Hi EsteeMania,

did you eventually register the show?? As I live in Europe I had no oportunity to watch it.

Have a great day

Brigitte

#5 EsteeMania

EsteeMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 July 2002 - 07:33 AM

Hi There Brigitte

Don't worry - you did not miss anything! I watched the show expecting a 15 minute segment on Estee lauder solids....They had a perfume bottle collector & she did have some beautiful bottles with 1 solid in her collection. It was the Avon mandolin. Then for a total of maybe 30 seconds they showed a few Estee solids.....Vanity....kitten etc...and then a little girl talking about the Gingerbread House. Finished with showing the Princess. Sure glad Mrs. Gerson wrote that wonderful book! Maybe someday she will do a video??? Take care [Smile]

[ July 01, 2002, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: EsteeMania ]

#6 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 July 2002 - 07:48 AM

Thanks EsteeMania for your reply.

Have a great day

Brigitte

#7 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 08:55 PM

Does anyone have a copy of this that I could purchase or borrow?
My boyfriend forgot to tape it.
Thanks!

#8 LenoreHiers

LenoreHiers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 11:04 AM

Hello everyone: I'm the past president of the International Perfume Bottle Association. We are a nonprofit organization of collectors of perfume related items (bottles, solids, etc.) with 1800 members in 25 countries. Feel free to email me for more information, include your mailing address and we will send you a packet including a sample of our color quarterly magazine. We often have articles in the magazine about solid perfumes. I have written three of them myself.
Just thought you'd like to know that the A&E show was to highlight the IPBA, NOT Estee Lauder solids or even solids specifically. The lady featured is our current president Elizabeth Creech, who has a museum quality collection of antique perfume bottles. Sorry if some people thought that because of the tiny mention about solids this was a show on solids. Also, the mention on the show of an $8000 Princess has generated lots of emails to the IPBA. Everyone with one wants to sell it for $8000 now. However, the last three that I have seen sell on Ebay have been in the $2000 range, which is more realistic.
Happy to be part of your group, Lisa. You have a very good website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users