• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:38 AM

O.K. SOME MORE INFORMATION. HARRODS, U.K.

THE SHOWGIRL WILL BE ARRIVING AROUND OCTOBER/NOVEMBER TOGETHER WITH THE PALM TREE AND ROLLERCOASTER IN LIMITED NUMBER.

PALM TREE 155

SHOWGIRL 270

ROLLERCOASTER 285

THE PICTURE OF THE SHOWGIRL LOOKS DIFFERENT TO THE ONES I HAVE SEEN BEFORE. SHE HAS BLUE DIAMANTE ON HER HEAD-DRESS, PINK DIAMANTE ON HER BODICE. THE BLUE DIAMANTE IS ALSO REPEATED ON THE CHIPS WHICH SHE IS PERCHED ON. Maggie and Nancy - these are dollar chips not french fries!

WOULD BE INTERESTED IF THIS ONE WILL BE THE SAME AS THE ONE YOU ARE RECEIVING IN THE STATES.

THE PALM TREE PICTURE LOOKS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FROM THE PALM TREE WHICH I SAW OF ANN'S.

(By the way, I am not working for Harrods!) Just in case you are wondering!!! [New Laugh]

[ June 16, 2003, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: Jacqueline ]

#2 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 01:20 PM

Thanks Jacqueline. I was on the phone to Harrods myself and spoke to an assistant called Heather as Marilyn was not available. She tells me there is a new one coming in which I hadn't heard of in America. It is an aniversary White Linen solid in the shape of a shell I think she said it was blue and white and at the base of the shell it had 25 in crystals. This will sell for about 80- 90. Ann, do you remember a solid on ebay which was a shell with a 25 on it? Can you remember any of the details? Anyone?
Also, I was told that this may be the last year Harrods do a Teddy Bear! I can't believe this is true, but then I do love teddies anyway. I thought that would be the most popular. I hope this turns out to be rubbish.

Nancy

[ June 18, 2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Nancy ]

#3 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:00 PM

Hi Nancy !
You are right there was a shell on ebay with 25 on it. It looks like the seashell from 1988 you can find on the database. There are only small differences. It was made in gold too.
I remembered it because we all had a dicussion about that solid and we are wondering if it was made for a jubilee. I had picked the pickture up but it was not very sharp.
I think it will be a very nice solid [Smile] .

Best wishes !
Michaela

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 03:25 AM

Hi Nancy and Michaela,

Have a picture of it here.. Will try and photograph with the digital, but it will be difficult.

Description: You know the Shell logo (here in the U.K). It is a little like that but at the base there is blue enamel which is surrounded by white crystals and in the centre of the blue enamel is '25'. It is the White Linen 25th Anniversary solid. The shell is in gold, the crystals are white and the centre is the royal blue enamel.

Retail is 90 in the U.k. Don't know what it will be in the States.

Over to you.... [Smile] [Smile]

#5 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 05:10 AM

Hey Nancy,
I hope the line you heard about the Harrods Teddy solid being discontinued is a bear-faced lie! [New Laugh] (couldn't resist it!) [Roll Eyes]
I love the Christmas teds, it would be such a shame for them not to continue with them. [Cry] I think a whole row of the different bears would make a wonderful display. [Silly] [Razz]

#6 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 04:22 PM

Groan! Fee how could you? [Eek!] I hope everyone calls and complains if they really are thinking of not making anymore. [Frown] In fact I told the girl that they should even go back and do some previous ones. Did you get the one with the purple velvet jacket with the gold frogging? That was for 2000 It reminded me of the Beatles Sgt Pepper Album. (OK I'm giving my age away now!)

Nancy

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 12:56 PM

From what I heard Harrods will not stop making the annual Rodney bear. Hurrah! Because I really look forward to seeing him in a different outfit each year.

Harrods will also be getting the Beyond Paradise necklace around August but only 70, I believe the price is 120 pounds. [Big Grin]

[ June 23, 2003, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#8 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 01:21 PM

Hi Lisa,

Was your source sure that they were talking about the solid perfume bear not the plush bear. When I talk to them at Harrods the SA's don't know the difference. Plus there is a solid resin bear that they confuse with the word solid that we all use.

They have been doing the plush bear since Winnie the Pooh.

Sure hope they continue the solid PERFUME bears.

#9 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 01:30 PM

I was told it was the Harrods solid bear. [Big Grin]

#10 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 01:40 PM

Hi all!
When they will stopping the solid perfume bears we all have to send a protest paper to Mr. Al Fayette [Big Grin] . Maybe that will help to have a growing bear family - I love them so much.

Michaela

#11 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 01:58 PM

Hi lisa,

Great. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ann

#12 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 02:45 PM

Just to reassure you all, Harrods will be producing a solid perfume bear this year.
The lady I speak to was the only one to go on the training back in Feb and she saw it.
I did a posting then about it as she also saw the Telephone box and Taxi [Big Grin]
She said at the time that in her opinion it was the best Bear they have ever done! [Wink]
So I guess I shall start saving now as it is a Bear essential [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
By the way, if anybody has a 2001 Bear for sale I would be very keen as I missed it!
Thanks
Maggie [Cool]

[ June 23, 2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: lauderlady ]

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 07:51 PM

This years Harrods bear, he is cute (looks like he has been eating too much honey and whatever else bears eat) [New Laugh]

The bear is sitting like the others and has a red hooded (the hood is up on his head) buttoned up jacket. There are black bands around his cuffs and the inside of the hood around his head is black also. He had black crystal eyes.

[ June 23, 2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#14 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 08:44 PM

Wow Lisa [Eek!] sounds great!
I can bear-ly contain my excitement! [Roll Eyes] [Silly]
(sorry Nancy - another one for you to grin and bear!) [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
Does anyone know the name of this year's bear? [Suspicious]

#15 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 10:46 AM

Fee,

I did not realize the bears had a different name each year. Can you let me know the names? Is it for the soft teddies and the solid teddies? [Confused]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users