• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 June 2002 - 10:24 AM

Attended a Cocktail Party for the unveiling of the "New Solids" for 2002 available at Neiman Marcus only. These will be available beginning in July and August and they are gorgeous!

"America's Apple" - $150 - 1500 issued. (55 released at the Texas show for promotional purposes only. This is where they were purchased to put on eBay.)

"Circus Lion in Cage" - $450 - Absolutely Stunning! If you collect the circus series. this is a MUST!

"Giraffe & Baby" - $100 - This one's ok...

"Igloo" - $$250 - Not my favorite - no one was terribly excited about this solid.

"Train" - Just adorable and another MUST! 2-piece solid with "coal car", obviously bejeweled with clear "coal." - $200.

"Flamenco Dancer" - $250 - Very pretty but I'm letting this one go due to the facial expression.

"Matador" - $250 - Also very pretty but same facial expression. They're not happy?

"Rodeo Cowboy" - He couldn't make it to the party so we didn't have a chance to view him. Wanted to stay in Texas, I suppose. $200.

My VERY FAVORITE: Believe it or not, it's the OCTOPUS...yes, Octopus. Just a gorgeous dark blue or dark green (we really couldn't tell) shade of brilliant enamel with Swarovski crystals running up his legs, or tendrils, or whatever they are. $175.

I'm new here today and just wanted to share a little new information. These are things to watch for, both on eBay and at Neiman's. Sak's, of course, has it's own line and they sound equally as lovely. Just haven't seen them yet.

Hope you all find the solids you love!

#2 Sue J

Sue J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 June 2002 - 11:30 PM

Thanks for the info...I couldnt decide between the octupus and the igloo...made my decision easier...I have found out that they are also releasing matching powder compacts for the Apple and the octupus...both are all covered in rhinestones and appear to be beautiful..I find myself going away from collecting all solids,to collecting solids with the matching powders...kinda crazy!!

#3 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 June 2002 - 05:56 PM

The only new powder compacts I've seen in Neiman's brochure shows their entire collection done in a seashell motif. The Coral and Starfish are beautiful, but that's about all I'd want. Yes, it does get crazy trying to get all of both...solids and powder!

#4 Sue J

Sue J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2002 - 06:29 PM

There is also a matching powder for America Apple that Niemans will have for 115.00...called New York Spirit..it is beautiful..under the Golden Compact Collection...will also be a matching powder for the octopus...I also like the starfish in red crystals.

#5 lunasee

lunasee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 07:45 PM

I have to agree with you on the solids for Neiman's. The Circus Loin is wonderful but I do not think I will be adding this to my collection. I decided last year that 450.00 is to much to pay although I will think long and hard about this one. I did see the cowboy & it will be a fun piece to add to the Texas themed solids. This one I beleive will also cross over to other collection. I also feel in love with the octopus when I saw it in person. The picture just does not do it justice. I did like the Giraffe also. But I must say that the Saks solids are the best and most beautiful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users