• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#46 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 01:30 AM

Hi, I'm KK. I live in the southwest and I know where Lubbock,Tx. is. They have a Dillard's. I'm going to Scottsdale,AZ. next week. Do we have anyone from Phoenix on the site who can tell me where the estee lauder counters are?
Thank you, KK [Smile]

#47 Kim

Kim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 11:07 AM

Hi - I'm Kim from Atlanta, Georgia - originally from the UK and have lived here for a year.

#48 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 05:18 PM

Hi KK....
In Scotsdale we have Fashion Square with NM, Nordies, Dillards, and Macys. All have or have had solids and powder compacts.
Also in Scotsdale is Biltmore Fashion Sq. they have Saks and Macys. They also carry solids and powder compacts.
This should keep you busy...I would suggest you calling these stores when you get into town, just to see what they have if any. It may save you time. Hope this helps.
Enjoy your visit, it's beautiful here. Bring your sunblock and chap stick it's very dry...and the sun is strong.
I moved here from Dallas....great here in the SW.

Patricia [Smile]

[ January 27, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Patricia ]

#49 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 09:20 PM

Hi Patricia,
Thank you for the great places to shop in Scottsdale and the advice. I appreciate it. [Smile]
KK

#50 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 11:26 AM

A funny thing happened to me when I joined. Fee will enjoy this because I can tell from your post that you have a good sense of humor. After being a guest many times and with Lisas recommendation, I signed on a your newest member. #70 I read all post as usual, which I truly enjoyed. There was so much to learn since I was a new collector. The next day when I sign in, I noticed to right of the screen newest member fee. Well I hadn't every seen a fee before, so I clicked on it to see what I needed to pay. Of course, it was Fees' profile, member #71. Please don't laugh to hard at me. [New Laugh]

#51 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 12:16 AM

Oh Martha, that's too funny.....
[Smile]
Patricia

#52 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 04:02 PM

Thanks Martha, that made me smile too. Of course it is hard to believe we get such a wonderful site as this for nothing. (which leaves us more to spend on those wonderful solids eh!!)

Nancy

[ February 13, 2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Nancy ]

#53 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 04:36 PM

Hey Martha
[New Laugh] [New Laugh] I like that one! I should have put in my favourite solids field : 2 lucky coins, a precious purse and an heirloom! with my address! [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

[ February 13, 2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Fee ]

#54 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 11:15 AM

Hello all new members-

Please introduce yourselves and let us know where you are from.

#55 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 12:17 AM

Hi I'm Patricia from Arizona.....Valley of the Sun!
Welcome to our new member!!!

Patricia

#56 Carole Lewis

Carole Lewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 08:24 PM

Hello everyone...my name is Carole, and I live in Columbus, Ohio...thank you to Lisa for such a wonderful and interesting website...I used to work for Estee Lauder, and that is how I started collecting. I also collect perfume bottles (mini's, 1/4 oz.,and things related to perfume) My favorite though, are the solids.

[ March 02, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Carole Lewis ]

#57 Astrid

Astrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 02:12 PM

Oh, well, another late one :-)
My name is Astrid, and I live in Brunnthal, that's a small village near Munich, Germany.
Thank you, Lisa, I love this site ! Unfortunately I don't have too much time to chat here but I come back from time to time to see & read what's new.

#58 bja

bja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 03:12 PM

Hi everyone.
I came across my first EL compact a few weeks ago (see my avatar) and while researching came across this site.
What a great resource.
I collect lots of things and find many treasures at garage sales and 'flea' markets and after seeing the value and beauty of these compacts, I'll certainly be looking out for more.
I won't collect them per se, as the cost is prohibitive given the number of items in the 'set', but I'll certainly keep an eye open and will offer them to the group at whatever the going rate is at the time (please let me know if I'm being 'over-ambitious' [Smile] .
I'll always give you guys first bite of the cherry before going through eBay.

Regards and best wishes from Oz.

Bruce
(and the site really is great - well done)

#59 bja

bja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 03:18 PM

Sorry about that. My avatar isn't up yet.

My first EL compact is the 1981 Nesting Duck (just the compact without box or perfume).

Also, I'm from Melbourne (pronounced Melbn) Australia.

Regards,

Bruce

#60 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 04:29 PM

Wow Bruce,
Welcome to the group - Lucky find! Wish we had garage sales like that in Tas! [New Laugh]
Good luck with your future finds! [Wink]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users