#31 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 09:25 AM

Hi Nancy,

I will send you a private message . [New Laugh]

Thanks for the train suggestion. Love it . Thanks Jack for putting it on.

Ann & Ken

#32 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 12:15 PM

Hi Nancy -

#33 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 12:24 PM

Wow! I blew that one right out of the water. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Anyway, regarding "swings and roundabouts," it sounds similar to a "Catch 22." Either way, you're doomed. However, there might be an exception as far as Saks in New York goes. When I order by phone from them, they NEVER charge tax OR shipping! And...when I actually shop there, whatever I purchase, I have mailed to my home so as to avoid the tax again. Am not sure if it's legal, but that's how they do it. I believe they can get away with charging "no tax" because I live in a different State. (PA v. NY) On the other hand, Saks Boca charges for everything...tax, shipping, breathing....

This would help you out if you're considering the Strongwater Solids. The only G.D. solid I care for in their line is the Doxie...adorable. (By the way, that's General Distribution, just to clear up any questions. [Big Grin] )

Have a beautiful day there...must email you shortly about that other item for grandmoms! [Roll Eyes]

Take care,
Micki

#34 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:26 PM

Hi Micki, the problem with Saks is they don't ship to the UK. It's crazy, I think it is since September 11th but the FAA won't let them ship perfume as it's flamable. I don't know why they won't then send by ship. I don't mind they wait. As it is I usually order and they keep them for me and collect them when I come over in December. As long as I can afford it I want to come every year. I love the Christmas atmosphere over there.

Nancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users