• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#91 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 01:19 PM

It would seem that IPBA might get a bad rap about some of this.
First we were told that you could ONLY get the palm tree if you attended the convention, then it was they would be available at LV , then some didn't even get it at convention because the Rep. left before some people even got there. (it would have been nice if we had known when they were selling them).
Then that horrible presentation with no questions allowed. Not as advertised.

Half the solids collectors were not at this convention. Would love to hear from some of them on why they didn't attend. Are they also tired of the confusion.

If IPBA was mislead they need to step up to the
plate and say so.

Ann

[ May 22, 2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#92 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 01:40 PM

I Do like the Palm tree. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

And the whole collection is nice this year.

Ann

#93 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 03:32 PM

Well, I am cautiously optimistic. I have contacted my Cosmetic's Company (in Allen, Tx) and the Manager told me on the phone (believe it or not!) what solids they had gotten in. She did not quote me prices, but agreed to sell three at a time to me.

I am going tomorrow night or Saturday to see their new stock. They also asked me recommend items for June's order.

I cannot believe EL reps were so "cheeky" at the convention. And yes! That attitude is insulting to collectors!! (Now I'm beginning to feel Better!!)

More later....

Mimi [Cool]

#94 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 03:33 PM

Ok, here goes. As collectors, we are very interested and involved in this passion and we want to see the area grow. That is what keeps a collectable going, new interest and collectors. But, bottom line, Estee is a business and will do what it best for their bottom line. If we really want their attention, we should stop buying. That would be a real wake-up call:) But, that is a drastic measure and much easier said than done. I have to agree with the comments on the IPBA session - it was an Estee sales session. I heard that we would be interested as things were being done for the interest of collectors. They must think that pushing the Estee name at the Oscars and such helps us - they need to understand what our needs are. Sorry, I guess I am ranting as well [Suspicious]

#95 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 04:19 PM

Hi Mimi,

We visited 3 different Cosmetic Stores on our trip and all 3 had the same rules but"followed" them differently. [Big Grin]
One gave us all the imformation we needed over the phone, one would not, and the last one kind of told us what we wanted to know.
There is a 3 item limit or $300 limit. They will make an exception if you buy the ferris wheel or tent at $360.
When they were 40% off it was worth the hassle but at 20% plus tax it now is not unless they have a solid you can't get anywhere else.

People that want more than allowed just take all there friends in . [Big Grin]

Ann

#96 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 04:53 PM

As we know these solids are not cheap. I do not consider myself poor but I do not make MILLIONS of dollars per picture. [Cry] What do I care how much Estee donated to the presenters of the Oscar. How many solids are they going to buy? In fact what do they care about the solid perfumes? That is an insult to me bragging about what they gave to the presenters and then taking advantage of the collectors by beanie babying the collections. [Mad]

[ May 22, 2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Ron ]

#97 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 10:45 PM

Well, I have been waiting for someone to bring up the "film" and the "dumb blonde" ( I can say that because I'm BLONDE) [New Laugh] [Razz] [Roll Eyes]
The reason for no ??? [Confused] Cutie Pie was clueless [Puzzled] Our recompense for suffering was a peek and the gorgeous Jay Strongwater solids, which was worth being "cute-ed" to the max. Plus, the part about Mrs. Lauder was interesting and I like the Nordstrom's solid flower pendant. I shouldn't be so mean [Silly] she was very cute and nice. Enough from me.
Bye,KK [Smile]

#98 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 10:30 AM

I agree with Ann...they do this every year...they tell you that a solid will only be available at the convention, then it pops up elsewhere. I just heard that the NY Manhasset store will be receiving the Palm Tree in soon. [Roll Eyes]

#99 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 11:21 PM

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the information. Now that you've explained this, it helps me a lot. I have noticed the variation in the rules in the past. This is a new manager who seems eager to learn more about solids.

I will know more after this visit with her.

I really appreciate everyone's advise and comments.

More later and thank you!!

Mimi [Big Grin]

#100 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 01:44 PM

Here is a photocopy of the full distribution solids for 2003
user posted image

Here are the Strongwaters again, looks like the sunflower was changed for the better.

user posted image

Thanks Brigitte! [Wink]

#101 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 06:08 PM

Angela: Was the "Bird on a Leaf" you purchased back in February the prototype for the Cardinal? It seems like it was, but the picture you posted is now missing. Could you post it again? Thanks.

#102 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 01:38 AM

Hi Martha !
Yes it was the bird on the leave - only the red colour was missing. I had picked the picture up [Big Grin]

Greetings
Michaela

#103 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 11:54 PM

Wow! I got back from Florida at 5.30 this morning and have been trying to catch up with all my emails and the news from this site.
I agree with several of the posts about the insult of giving $15000 worth of freebies to people who could buy and sell most of us on this site. (and not just individually either - most likely all of us put together!) Is that what we are paying for when we buy our solids? See Ann, I like a rant now and again too! But, it's not just Lauder who do that. Virgin Atlantic give Celebrities free trips to the US from London. I would love it to be given a free flight like that, just jump into bed on the plane and wake up in New York! Fantastic.
I just want to say that I had a great time in Florida and it was even better because I got to meet so many nice people (especially the ones from here).
It makes such a difference to actually see the solids as the pictures do not always give you a true feel for them. I have a huge list of must have's and really, really like's. I too will have to rob a bank or, God help me, work overtime!!!!!

Nancy

#104 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 02:07 PM

Glad you made it back safe and sound. [Big Grin]

When you have time please post your favorite solid that you saw.

We liked the fan the best. They all look different in person.

Ann & Ken

#105 Cocoallure

Cocoallure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 02:39 PM

My favorites are the Taj Mahal and Venetian Fan from the Neiman Marcus Collection. [Big Grin] I love all of the Strongwater Solids, especially the Sunflower. The Saks flower necklace is definitely a must and is reasonably priced (I believe it will be $125.00). And I also love both of the Nordstrom solids - Cherub and Flower.

I would love to have them all, but it gets too expensive. Maybe I will have some luck in Las Vegas. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Who plans to attend the Las Vegas Convention? I think that it will be a treat with Jay Strongwater speaking at the dinner on Saturday.
Hope to see everyone there!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Angela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users