111 replies to this topic

#76 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 09:36 AM

Hi all !
I think it's not too bad when the solids are not so strong limited. I have not so much money to buy all I like at the same time - I don't have the chance to get them when they will sell them, because most stores are not shipping overseas.
My only chance is to wait and see if I can get them at ebay. Or if I have a nice friend ( Liliane and Marlies [Big Grin] )who will get one for me in switzerland. When they are selling them at the
outlets I can get them cheaper too on ebay - my only chance to get what I like without ruin me [Puzzled] . I think that I'm not alone with my opinion.

Greetings !
Michaela

#77 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 10:01 AM

I wish the Jay Strongwater were being issued ina smaller quantity. This could change my purchase decision.

#78 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 10:03 AM

Yes Ann & Ken,

I would have liked to see the Lauder rep take questions. But remember all Lauder information is top secret (just call the Cosmetic Company store and ask if they carry solids)

I tried to talk to the Lauder rep and tell her that I had a collectors web site I told her I was looking for a contact who could give us information and answer questions. She said "I can answer questions, what do you need to know" Jack then tried to explain about the site and she asked him if he ever tried pleasures for men and went into her oooo-ahhhh spiel, at that point we just walked away.

I was disappointed that the site gets no recognition from Lauder, they act as if they don't care. I guess I shouldn't have expected anymore. [Cry]

And in my opinion, yes, I do think Lauder purposely creates a frenzy, it happens every year!

[ May 22, 2003, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#79 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 10:14 AM

Hi Klassicguy !
What shoult I do ? [Confused]
I love all nature themes ( plants and animals )
I have to take all strongwaters, the marlin, monkey, palmtree, peacock, wedding cake ( because of the butterflys ),Cardinal, Dragonfly, Dachshund, Flower Blossom, don't forget the Harrods ones.
Maybe you can arrange me a sheik [Big Grin] . Only for
dinners for sure because I love my husband very much [Wink] .
Or some rich people can make a foundation for poor solid perfume collectors [Silly] .
Some other suggestions [Confused]

Greetings !

Michaela

#80 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 10:24 AM

Hi Lisa !
Don't feel so sad . This side is the best and with the month we are growing and growing to a big family. I think this success will give you
right ( correct ? [Confused] ).
We have all together informations for each other
and we are learning day by day - that's great.
We don't need some haughty and dull people.
I put my arms around you [Big Grin] and Jack. Look forward [Wink] .

Greetings !

Michaela

#81 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 11:19 PM

The thing that offended us the most was their film we had to sit through about the Oscar nominies that EL gave $1500 gifts to. We sit there and have to watch this just for the privlige of getting to see the new solids (Our Reward). Those of us that spend Thousands of dollars every year can't even get a free mini( we get free stuff from the stores & our SA'S not EL) and they(EL) give away all that stuff to people that could care less. We realize that it is good PR for EL ,just don't show it to collectors and rub our face in it.
Don't show me a film(second time I have seen it)about how much they give away. [Mad]

Thanks, I feel better now. [Smile]
Ann

#82 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 11:32 PM

I keep telling my reps about my concerns and I hope that they pass them along their higer ups and they pass them on to Estee. I mentioned to the cosmetic mgr at Neimans concerning their promo film at convention and how it was an insult to the collectors and I was told that they would voice that concern to the store mgr

#83 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 11:32 PM

While I am on a rant(Ken isn't here, he doesn't let me rant).
It is fine if EL wants to keep secrets, just don't send someone to a convention that won't answer questions or doesn't know anything.
And can only show PR films.

Feeling much better.
Ann

#84 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 11:41 PM

Hi Ron,

We voiced these same thoughts to the EL VP in charge of marketing last year privately and in a open forum. Think that is why they didn't take questions this year. He was stunned at the knowlege that collectors have and that we don't want to be mislead.
Keep your secrets but don't mislead us.

Gee, at this rate I am going to feel pretty good.

Ann

#85 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 11:42 PM

I agree! I have also seen that film a couple of times before, we will most likely see it again in Vegas. [Eek!]

The talk was billed as "Estee Lauder solid perfume" most of it was look at our new perfume, look what we did at the Oscars- look how much we gave away to the celebrities Wow, they did give away a lot to the celebrities, all we want is information and we cannot get it!!

At a perfume convention talk on solids I would have liked it if they had a expert on solids and give us the history, bring in some solid molds, go through the design process, bring in sketches (like Strongwater had) give us the production runs. Show prototypes, an interview with the designers anything and everything related to solids. Most of all let us ask questions and get real answers. [Big Grin]

OK I am better too!!

#86 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 11:46 PM

Hi Lisa,

They use to do that. Don't know what has happened.

Ann

#87 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 11:49 PM

I need to add more...

At least give us a photocopy of all the solids with prices. [Mad]

#88 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 12:03 AM

Well, we know Estee Lauder reps read this site. (oops...shhhhh....that's secret too.) Perhaps they will listen to the feedback... [Roll Eyes]

Someday maybe an Estee Lauder representative will be allowed to actually post here and have a meaningful dialog with us.

#89 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 12:12 PM

We did however get some good information at the talk.

Someone that day asked the rep if Lauder could come out with a riverboat next year to add to the Americana theme. The rep let us know that she made a call (that same day) and that yes, Lauder said they would do a riverboat next year. The woman however did not attend the talk because the rep asked for her and did not see her. [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

[ May 22, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#90 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 12:17 PM

Hi Jack !
Are you sure they could read and write [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] .
I don't heart about it.

Michaela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users