• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#31 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 02:43 PM

We are home, I wanted to get these up fast. I will post on the whole convention in a bit.

More photos of the Neiman Marcus solids:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Strongwater

user posted image
user posted image

[ May 18, 2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#32 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 03:11 PM

My opinion of the new 2003 Neiman Marcus solids. First off the photocopies don't do them justice, they are much nicer in person. The actual pieces were at Neiman Marcus where they also had the traveling compact museum and several collections from private collectors like Ron. The empty solids could also be viewed at the IPBA convention.

Something new is that all the solids now feature a small magnetic closure instead of the clasp we are all familiar with. This I liked, it may help keep the perfume fresher and prevent shrinkage and discoloration somewhat.

The Taj Mahal was the first piece to catch my eye, this solid is absolutely fabulous. It is big and bold.

The stagecoach, trolley and Chinese junk are nice solids although not my type.

The monkey is also a larger solid and yes, it moves, the monkey can actually be slid off the branch and be worn with a cord or chain around your neck. I would have liked to have had the monkey enameled in brown for some contrast to the gold branch.

The peacock is very nice and colorful, loved the multicolored stones on the tail.

Rollercoster is nice, although the scale of the solid is strange to me.

Ventian fan is wonderful done in emamel and stones so very pretty, missing is the metal tassel from the above photos.

Marlin, I just didn't like this solid. I felt it could have been so much better with more detail such as scales or more stones on the body.

From these solids I will get the fan and peacock. I would also get the Taj Mahal but at $400 only if it was a numbered piece with tag or card and limited production.

Strongwater solid all very nice, will get them all ! The sunflower is my favorite also the bird in teh nest is very sweet. Saks is also getting a beautiful flower on a silk cord to wear as a necklace, this one is so pretty!!!

Nordstroms two solids are wonderful a flower looked like a dogwood flower done in white enamel and the other cherubs under a tressis, getting both!

General distrubtion solids are plain, nothing really jumped out at me. I am wondering why they chose to do another dragonfly solid, also there are two birds in a nest this year??? And the red, white and blue bow looks reminiscent of the 1989 beautiful bow and the cameo is a re-issue of the cameo collectors compact with a blue background instead of amber. I wish the designers could have come up with a new design.

Only slides were shown of the general distribution and Nordstroms, we have no photos of them, also nothing mentioned about Harrods.

[ May 18, 2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#33 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 03:13 PM

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] Welcome home!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Wonderful the photos, cordial thanks!!!

Many greetings from Switzerland,

Liliane

#34 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 03:32 PM

Thanks Liliane [Big Grin]

#35 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 05:06 PM

Lisa
I believe I can supply you with pictures of Nordstroms solids from their book [Smile]

#36 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 05:26 PM

Lisa
I also have a pic of the drawing of the flower solid that Estee is supposed to release with their new fragrance in the fall. It is rough. Maybe Jack can use his computer magic and clean it up

#37 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 06:25 PM

Lisa and Jack,
thanks so much for the pics and all the descriptions. Hope you had great fun in Orlando...I will join again next year.

Brigitte

#38 Carole Lewis

Carole Lewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 07:27 PM

If anyone is interested in the Jay Strongwater solids, please let me know. I work for Saks in Ohio, and the account executive for Lauder will allow our store to take orders for the solids. She also told me that all pre-orders will get a "gift." I can probably have them waive the shipping, too!!! carole [Smile] [Wink]

#39 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 07:32 PM

Welcome Back!

Thank you for the pix! They look great.

Hope you all had a pleasant safe trip and lots of fun. Looking forward to more details!!

Mimi [Eek!]

#40 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 07:56 PM

More pictures, thanks Ron

Nordstroms solids ...ooo...ahh!!

user posted image
Neiman's user posted image
user posted image

[ May 18, 2003, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#41 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 01:37 AM

Hi !
The pictures are marvelous. My favourites are the peacock,marlin and taj mahal, the monkey looks a little unproportional and my opinion is too that he needs a little colour. I think the best ones are the strongwater I'm speakless !!! and the little flower Ron send to us.
Help !!!!!!!!!!! I don't think one bank is enough [Puzzled] [Big Grin] [Puzzled] [Big Grin] [Puzzled] [Big Grin] .

Greetings !

Michaela

#42 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 02:44 AM

Great pics! [Big Grin]
Thanks for your time and effort to get these on the board so quickly. It's the next best thing to being at the conference! [New Laugh] very exciting! definately spoilt for choice I love the Taj Mahal and the Junk.

Hey Carole, do the pre-orders and gift go for international customers? [Silly]

#43 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 04:25 AM

WOW ! Great pictures. The new solids look wonderful and $$$$. [Eek!] I agree that more of the costly ones should be numbered. The red fox caught my eye right away. Would love to see all of these in person. Lisa, did the Strongwater solids have magnetic catches also? Does anyone know if Jay Strongwater is doing another signing this year? Martha U

#44 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 05:41 AM

Yes, all the solids have the magnetic closures.

Not sure if Jay Strongwater will be doing more signings, I do know that he will be at the compact collectors convention in Vegas next month.

I am working on Jack to go to this one too!!! [Silly]

[ May 19, 2003, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#45 lolly

lolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 11:03 AM

Hi Lisa , thank you so much for these beautiful pictures the Taj Mahal looks wonderful does anyone know when these solids go on sale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users