[ May 14, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:09 PM

Here are my thoughts..

They are all very masculine (not that there is anything wrong with that)

The themes that are covered:
Car: stagecoach & trolley (also fits in the toy catagory)
Ocean: marlin
African: monkey & peacock
Circus: rollercoster
Famous landmarks: Taj Mahal
Asian: ship & fan

The only ones I like from the photocopy so far are the peacock, monkey and Taj Mahal (maybe the fan, can't tell yet) Thank goodness because they are pricey!! [Eek!]

What do you all think??

[ May 14, 2003, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#3 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:51 PM

EXCELLENT!! [Eek!]
Thanks for the pic Lisa! [Silly]
I like the look of the Chinese Junk, the Taj Mahal, the Marlin and maybe the rollercoaster! Wow - just got to find a spare grand and I'll be right!
I will be interested to hear what everyone thinks of them when they have seen them in person!
Do you get to see any of these at the conference?
[Silly] [Razz] [Wink]

#4 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 11:08 PM

They all seem wonderful! [Cool] Don't know about the prices. [Eek!] [Frown]

I like them all especially the peacock, monkey, and marlin. I love trolleys, so I'll buy that one for sure (unless it's terrible). [Confused]

What to do? I don't know about you guys, but I can't afford to buy them all especially at the same time. The plan I had for acquiring the 2002 solids worked well. Rush to buy a favorite solid when it's released. Buy two a month until Christmas (not counting Harrods since that adds 2 extra). My husband and mom give me one for Christmas. Solids I like but haven't purchased yet are won through ebay below retail (takes patience)....still need to buy an Octopus. Yes, that's Greyhound's master plan. [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]

#5 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 11:14 PM

Lisa - thank you for the preview of the new solids - I think they all look wonderful particularly the monkey, the junk, the Taj Mahal, the peacock - in fact I will just have to have them all. We won't see them in Australia until Christmas so it's really good to see what is coming out & gives me a bit of time to save up! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

#6 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:34 AM

looks like must get the Monkey http://pub105.ezboar...8.topic&index=6

thanks for the picture

#7 Redmpeaches

Redmpeaches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:39 AM

ringmaster, how wonderful for u to have a solid that u would surely love!!!!!Do u have other solids that u like.take care,kim

#8 Mini

Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 02:53 AM

Thanks for the preview Lisa. They all look nice from the photos. I like the peacock, the stage coach and the fan. I thought the rollercoaster looks a bit odd (not in proportion???). Guess the moment of truth is when you see these solid 'in person'!

#9 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 08:21 AM

Yes, I agree. I am not at the show yet, will be leaving tomorrow. [Wink]

Something I just noticed today while looking them over again- last years Pegasus and lion cage make up this years stagecoach. [New Laugh]

[ May 15, 2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#10 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:20 PM

Well, here's how I feel about these beauties...

So far, upon first look...I like the peacock, fan, TajMahal.....maybe the Marlin. Thanks so much Lisa for previewing these for us!! Now, here's my challenge.....if I am going to want any of these...I am going to have to sell SEVERAL of what I have now. I have three pieces currently on our "For Sale" page. Crystal Pear...Twins Cameo...Christmas Cameo. If anyone is interested in any of these, I would certainly be willing to negotiate a lower price. Please take a look and e-mail me.

I will be eager to hear more from all of you attending the convention after you've had a chance to really look at everything.

Maybe I will have more Falcon/Flacon news when you get back. PLease remember to get any info on our "mystery" if possible. I will be thinking of you and all the fun you're having!!

Mimi [Smile] [Wink]

#11 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for the pix Lisa! I like the only reasonably priced solids...the Peacock and the Marlin ($150) I agree they are getting way too pricy! The expensive ones always end up in the outlets at one point or another, so I'll hold off on those until I can get them for less!

#12 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 01:38 PM

I have to agree that they are getting too expensive...and that's not just because I am paying for them!

In my opinion, the only way they can justify a $400+ price tag would be by limiting the number produced and putting cards in the box saying "Number XX of XX".

Without rarity, what makes them so valuable? [Confused]

#13 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 03:11 PM

Hey Jack ....

That is a very good point! They should be numbered at that price.

Mimi

#14 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 03:26 PM

Well put Jack- I knew there was a reason for keeping you around (other than buying my solids of course!) [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
Kidding

Just my opinion but I would never sell off "older solids" to buy the new ones. Like Lauderlover said most of them end up in the outlets and appear on ebay a lot. The older ones just don't show up that much and there will never be a way to get them again without paying through the nose.
Personally I would rather have the older ones that the newer ones, there is such a difference in the detail.
[Silly]

#15 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 03:43 PM

Hi all together !
My favourites are the peacock, marlin, monkey and the stagecoach.
I'm very curious about the new Strongwater ones.
Lot of animals too and I'm sure I have to rob a bank to get them all [Puzzled] [Big Grin] .

Greetings !
Michaela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users