• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 06:04 PM

Hello everyone! Just returned home from Vegas and I can't believe how much Jack and Lisa did to post all the news while we were there! Truly amazing. It was a great time seeing all of my solidperfume.com friends. The show was successful - not tons of solids - but some nice ones and I am thrilled that I got a slot machine and 2001 Harrods Bear for my collection [New Laugh] Made my trip. I has a number of "want lists" from fellow collectors but was only lucky on one. I did sell quite a few Estee compacts and I think the interest there is growing, I know I am hooked. The Estee Store event was really nice and the showgirl solid is fabulous! After drinking a number of glasses of champagne, I put my large order in for solids and compacts:) It was really nice to be able to see the solids up close and take some time in maling a decision. Some I thought I would not buy are now on my order list. It was a great event and I am sure more news will be coming.

#32 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 06:07 PM

And by the way...did I mention that it was 100+ degrees in Las Vegas? Too HOT!!!! I am surprised all those solids don't melt [New Laugh]

#33 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 08:38 PM

As an Arizona resident I would say, that's no so hot.... [Embarrassed] )
Heat is in the head.....we just drink lots of water, AND stay inside whenever possible.

Patricia

#34 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 11:19 PM

Hi to all...

Welcome back. Glad you had a good time and are home safe.

I can believe how hot it must have been. I tried to order some wonderful white chocolate popcorn from a specialty shoppe there ..."Danielle's Chocolates" and they could not "standard" ship it ..because of the heat...said it was 104 in L.V. that day!!

I keep looking at the pictures..enjoying them and finding new a new delight each time. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Happy Days!! [Smile]

Mimi

#35 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:09 AM

Lisa, Jack, can I just add my thanks too. I was just so excited sitting here 'down under' reading all your newsy updates on the convention & studying all the wonderful photos. I think that to be there having such a fun time but still to find the time & energy to let us all know so immediately was really fantastic. & as others have said, it did make us feel as though we were there & part of it all. [Wink] [Wink]

Karen

#36 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:13 PM

Lisa , welcome home.....
thanks for all the pictures they are wonderful....How did you like the "DRY" heat of Vegas compared to the moist heat of Fla.?

How did you like the Paris Hotel ?....we are staying there for the first time next month...
[Smile]

Patricia

#37 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:29 PM

Got home last night at about midnight. Just wanted to say again that we had a fantastic time and looking forward to next years show that I heard may be in Chicago. That would be fun because I have never been there.

The only thing I can't stand about Vegas is the dryness [Puzzled] the heat was nothing to us at all, in fact I love the heat and play tennis all day in it. My lips are peeling off my face [Puzzled] We did try to fill up the bathtub with hot water but it still did not do the trick.

The Paris hotel was very nice (our first time, normally we stay at the Venetian) we had a buffet there and it was great food.

Glad to be back in the humidity!

#38 Carol

Carol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 01:27 PM

Hi Lisa,
I'm finally on the site! You do a great job here. Las Vegas was so much fun and the Estee Lauder Brunch was fabulous. I stayed at the Paris Hotel on 6/15, surprised I didn't bump into you there. Hi klassicguy1...I'm glad you are THRILLED with the solid you bought from me...enjoy! Now, if only I could find the rhinestone apple and pear or maybe a Harrod's Shopping Bag. In my "dreams", I guess! Oh, and the Imperial Princess and Kissing Fish. Still need a "few" to round out my collection. Look forward to "meeting" the members I don't know yet.

#39 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 02:10 PM

Hello Carol,

Is this the famous Carol that talked me through my very first email many years ago ????? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Now I can't seem to shut up. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

We were very sorry to miss you in Fla. and LV.

Welcome !!!!!!!!
Hope to see you post a lot. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ann & Ken

#40 Carol

Carol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 02:20 PM

Hi Ann & Ken,
YES, it's ME...Ann, glad you are such a wiz at the computer now. Must give Ken more time for his hobbies. I missed you BOTH! I couldn't come to Orlando because my husband had just had surgery but I was able to make it to Las Vegas and it was a GREAT time! Meeting Jay Strongwater was definitely one of the "highs" of the Convention. Thanks for "finding" me on Lisa's site!

#41 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 02:27 PM

We are so happy you are here. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

What do you think of the new solids ??

We love the Strongwater items so much we have started collecting his other works.

What is a Frozoclone ??? Can you post a photo???

P.S. Be sure and visit the members photos . The members have put on some wonderful photos.

Ann & Ken

[ June 18, 2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#42 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 03:11 PM

Carol,

Did you go over to the Strongwater store and register for a drawing of a JS frame? Jack and I went over and the sales associate was on the phone with Jay and she was telling him that all the compact collectors were coming over for a visit. Again, the nicest man!

After Jay spoke on Saturday night he invited us all to come over to see the new Strongwater store a couple of stores away from the Estee Lauder boutique. If ever in Caesars palace it is a must to stop by the doors on the store are worth the trip alone!! [Smile] They are wought iron and are covered with Swarovski crystals, just breath taking!

I unfortunately did not have a winning email message from Strongwater waiting for me when I got home. [Frown]

[ June 18, 2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#43 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 04:43 PM

Hi Lisa, welcome back. I bet Jack took a photo of those gates you mentioned. Any chance we poor souls who didn't make Vegas could see?? They sounded wonderful.

Nancy

#44 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 04:51 PM

Yes Nancy, we did take a photo of the storefront but Jack has the digital camera with him and at this moment he is on a plane to London. [Wink]

Will post it when he returns home next week.

#45 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 04:55 PM

Has Jack grown wings since I saw him in Florida? [Big Grin]
Well, I did call him an angel didn't I?
How long was your flight back from Vegas? How long did he have at home? Did he bother to unpack? God I hope so, it's not as hot in London. Well, maybe not far off it!
Bet he left you with all the dirty washing eh?

Nancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users