25 replies to this topic

#16 Uma

Uma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 12:01 AM

Hello,
can everyone tell me more about the new scent beyond paradise? Is it brand new? Can I get it in Europe already? Thank you Uma [Smile]

#17 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 03:31 PM

Uma,

I don't think Lauder has officially launched the new fragrance, best bet is to check with your local E.L. beauty advisor and she may have some information or even be pre-selling it.

Ann,

When the Lauder rep mentioned that someone asked her if Conte was still designing for them she responded with "we made Bob Conte too big" and left it at that. To me sounds like he may have asked for more $$ and Lauder was not willing to pay. [Confused] As you know with them there is no straight answer to anything!

[ June 19, 2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#18 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 04:08 PM

If he is no longer with EL that is major.

He not only designed but the solids were made at his shop. Maybe the lack of security caught up with him. Or maybe this is all about him holding out for more money. I also think(IMHO)EL played the Jay against Bob game.
Anyway it will be interesting to see if he continues or they bring in a new bunch. That would take some time for a new designer and manufacture to get up and running. But they(EL)needs to do something and get some folks to answer collectors questions. After all we spend the money.
I think EL got a little to big and started taking advantage of the collectors.
We use to get only a few at a time but they were wonderful now we get a bunch but they are not as nice and more costly.

Ann

#19 Uma

Uma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 04:19 PM

Lisa,
thank you for your answer,I will do that,many greetings Uma. [Smile]

#20 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 04:38 PM

OK... ALL YOU EXPERTS!! I have a "novice question". How many compacts DID Bob Conte design for EL? Were all the "jewelled" creations his? Which were the top sellers and over a period of how long has he "reigned"?

Needless to say I love Bob and Jay. They are truly "artisans extroidinaire" ( where is that spell check when I need it?) [Confused] [Confused]

Many thanks...

Your Student...

Mimi

#21 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 04:49 PM

Mimi

I cannot answer specifically on your question. Did you see the designers tab at the top of the page?

The Lauder rep did say that the solids were still being produced at Victoria & Co.

[ June 19, 2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#22 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 05:12 PM

OK all you experts, Do you think another company will come along and take advantage of EL's slip and ask Bob Conte to design for them? So many companies used to sell solid perfumes but EL seem to have cornered the market today. It would be expensive, and a gamble, but someone out there could be waiting to snap him up and this could be a BIG mistake on EL's part. Competition could be good for us, it could bring prices down(hooray!) and give more choice (oh heck!)

Nancy

#23 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 05:57 PM

Where can I see the necklace which you are describing. I know I only have my tinted glasses at the moment, my others to be picked up on Monday, but I still should be able to find the necklace!

Jacky [Sleep]

#24 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 06:55 PM

There is a picture of it in the Live from LV photos.

We got our order form from Sak's and they have a picture of it but Lisa's is better.
It retails for $125. The blue silk cord has a chain at the end with a hook.

Ann

#25 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 03:53 AM

Thanks Ann and Ken,

I have just got to have that one!!!!! It is beautiful in the picture.

Really love it!

Jacky [Eek!] [Eek!]

#26 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 11:27 PM

Lisa,
I agree with you. I think the Showgirls shoes should be enameled to match her gloves! [New Laugh]

Barb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users