23 replies to this topic

#1 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:04 PM

Hello everyone,

I just added a new page with a lot of different PALAZZO'S. I like them so much as each of them is different.

http://www.swisslady.com

You will find the site under "MY COLLECTION" page 5.
Brigitte

#2 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:07 PM

Very nice.

If we find one that doesn't match any of the ones you have shall we let you know?

Ann

#3 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:23 PM

Hi Ann !
I think it's impossible to find a palazzo wich looks exactly like an other [Big Grin] . No twins only individuals.

Hi Brigitte !
Let us all have a chance to get one [Silly] [Big Grin]

Best wishes !
Michaela

#4 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:28 PM

Wow, how impressive, Bridget!

I did not know there were so many different variations [Eek!]

You have a lovely collection. Thanks for sharing [Big Grin]

Jeanette [Wink]

[ June 11, 2003, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette ]

#5 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:48 PM

Hi Michaela,

So if I have one that matches Brigittes that one would be a very rare one?? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [New Laugh]

I know that it would be impossible as the flowers on the tops were all done by hand not machine.

So Brigitte, how many are you trying to get? You can't have them all.

Ann

#6 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 05:18 PM

Please don't blame me too much for bidding on them, as it's the only chance for me to buy solids. You collectors in the US have at least the chance to find them at the various conventions, at estate sales, antique shops etc., etc.

Michaela, There were 2 on this site's sales and no one bought them, but me. [Puzzled] [Puzzled]

Does anyone eventually have a party cake for sale?? I need another one for my bakery. Please contact me swisslady@swisslady.com , thanks.

Brigitte

[ June 11, 2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Brigitte ]

#7 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 05:40 PM

Brigitte: Your collection is so beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing it. Sure enough, the one I sold you is different from the one I still have and unlike any of the others on your site. Since they are all unique, do you think one person did the hand-painting or were there several artists involved?

#8 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:03 PM

They look like they were made by drops of special paint into the hot glass and with a stylis(small stick) you move the paint around to make a pattern before the glass hardens. The design is inside the glass . The glass lid would then be placed in the brass setting. Since it is a dome shape this would be done inverted.
You have very little time to do this before the glass hardens.
Even one person doing this can never make the same pattern twice. If they were handpainted they would be more alike. And a decal would be exactly alike.

I have done this type of painting and it is quite easy. [Big Grin]

All of you have done this same thing when making a marble cake. [Big Grin]

Ann

[ June 11, 2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#9 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:10 PM

Brigitte,

Thank you for sharing with us. I loved seeing how each one is truely different and unique.

Sure wish we had a solid with those qualities today. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Smile]

#10 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 08:57 PM

Brigitte you have a wonderful web site. I have viewd it many times. I didn't realize it was your site. Thanks so much for sharing your collection with us.

Barb

#11 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 01:57 AM

Hi Brigitte,
A very impressive collection of Palazzo Tea Flowers! [Silly] [New Laugh]

Are there any other solids that you have collected a lot of because of the variations?
[Cool]

#12 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 03:58 AM

Hi Fee,

yes, I also have several of the Aliage Wood Top, the Est»e and Youth-Dew Jeweler's Treasure, the rope with the blue and also the brown stones and all the buttons.
Brigitte

#13 Uma

Uma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 06:40 AM

Hi Brigitte,
your Palazzos are very beautiful.
You are the famous Swisslady who bit very courageous and win every Auction? Cool and Admirable [Smile] [Smile] Uma [Smile] [Smile]

#14 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 10:12 AM

Wow, did not know before that there are variations. They are different but yet so similar. It will be difficult to differentiate.

You can play a game, Zigsaw puzzle, with all these. Print the Page 5 out with a color printer then change all the plazzos in different locations, after that, try putting them back to the original positions with the guide from picture you have printed. I wonder how long it will takes. [Big Grin]

#15 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 10:34 AM

I do declare, Brigitte, this is an amazing sight to see. Now, I know why I couldn't win a bid on the Palazzo's. What a treasure you have! I truly admire your collection and all the hard work behind it. Congratulations on a job well done.
What's this talk about Brigitte's Board game [New Laugh] I can see then now in stores around the globe. Something to consider.
Take care,
KK [Big Grin]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users