53 replies to this topic

#16 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 09:58 AM

Hi again !
This guy has stolen the background for his ebay auction.
Click on the link and you can see the effekt.

http://cgi.ebay.de/w...item=2730596136

On the hole site you can read our websites name [Big Grin]
Hope this helps for the future !!!

Michaela

#17 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 10:03 AM

Michaela,

Are you a member of ebay's VERO program??
If not sign up and everytime someone infrindges on your copyright you report them and the listing gets pulled. (works only some of the time appearently)

Here is the email address:
vero@ebay.com

#18 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 10:07 AM

Hi Lisa !
Thanks for this information. The next time we will try it [Big Grin] .

Best wishes !

Michaela

#19 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 12:25 PM

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] Realy great Lisa [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
[New Laugh] I hope only members can vote in the polls [New Laugh]

DEAR MEMBERS

PLEASE VOTE ALL OF YOU THE NEW QUESTION (in the topic/column "Polls"). THANKS A LOT [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#20 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 12:30 PM

Just voted.

This site represents a lot of hard work and it is a shame that "stuff" can be "stolen" from it.

Ann

#21 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 07:57 PM

I don't know if you can ever prevent someone from doing a "copy and paste" of the photos, but you can set up some roadblocks:

1) Members only log into the database.
2) Once you log in, there could be a "Notice" that photos are property of SolidPerfume.com and that any copying of that photo for whatever reason is plagerism and against U.S. Copyright laws ... offenders will be reported to Ebay, etc., etc.
3) You could put a "read only" on the photo, that while it won't prevent copying and pasting, it will prevent altering and saving the photo, especially if it bears a watermark or I.D. label that someone would like to remove.

It's very disappointing that some Sellers resort to this deception. I guess maybe it's because they either don't have a digital camera or are selling for others ... or most likely they just prefer the quality of the photos on this site.

[ May 27, 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Martha C ]

#22 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 10:06 PM

Micheala, I love the way you dealt with him! Can imagine how embarrassed he must feel now! [New Laugh]

#23 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 11:42 PM

I just voted too! You two work too hard on this site! On a lighter note...Ebay just suspended Pigalle23, the guy who had threatened me and also left negative feedback for me! [New Laugh]

#24 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 12:04 AM

Lauderlover,

Did he provide correct contact information with ebay?

If not it is one of the reasons you can have a negative feedback removed from your record. [Wink]

#25 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:01 AM

I think he did provide correct contact info to Ebay. He got suspended but I'll never know the exact reason why..I'm just glad he's gone! On another note, I just noted that Bottlebaby2 just put up a palm tree for auction...God help you if something goes wrong and you need to file an insurance claim with her! I gave up and just retrieved my damaged compact from the post office and left her negative feedback. She has mostly positive feedback...but those are from people who did not have any issues with receiving their goods. [Roll Eyes]

#26 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 02:57 PM

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] Talk about frustrated with Ebay! I won an auction that ended last night. I received all the regular e-mails and then one from the seller asking payment. All appears to be quite OK. Now, hours after, I receive a notice from Ebay telling me that the auction is being removed because of possible infringement (Vero) and that I should not complete the auction. Furthermore, I get the e-mail sent to the seller from Ebay apologizing for ending the auction and that they cannot confirm or deny the copyright infringement and are crediting back all their seller fees for the auction. So, here I am with an auction that I paid for and I can't even list negative feedback if I wanted to since there is no longer a valid auction listing [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] It may all work out just fine, but obviously EBay does not care about it's buyers, just sellers. And of course, you can't get to a live Ebay person if your life depended on it. Whew! Now I feel better [Wink]

#27 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 12:44 PM

Ebay's toll free # is 800-322-9266. If you ever need a toll-free number, go to 1800.com. You type in the name of the company and it should bring up the toll-free number. Hope this helps! [Cool]

#28 Judith Anne

Judith Anne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 10:16 AM

There is an excellent article in the June 2003 issue of the Maine Antique Digest. It is a feature article, several pages long, entitled Indonesian Sellers Figure In eBay scam.

It shows how scam sellers steal photos from web sites. The clincher is that these thieves do not actually own the identical articles. They are trying to get money for things which belong to someone else.

Our worldwide internet community has created wonderful new friendships which would otherwise be impossible due to distances. Unfortunately,it has also spawned a whole new breed of clever thieves.

Read the article. It is excellent!

Even though I am not in the collecting league that many of you are, I still enjoy the posts, the photos, the chatter and the comraderie. Special thanks to Lisa and very patient, Jack.

Best regards to all.
Judith Anne

#29 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 06:07 PM

I agree with Judith Anne. I only have have four solids in my collection. But I just love the solids database! I'm always looking at the pictures trying to decide which one to get next.

Since I have so few solids I've used the personal database as my wish list. I have all the cameos listed in it. Because thats my goal to get them all.

So thanks to Lisa and Jack for all the hard work they put into establishing this website.

Barb

#30 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 02:17 AM

I got a happy ending on Ebay! I got the negative feedback removed finally! I selected the option to remove it under "part of a campaign to harass you". He did send me an email to physically harm me and I sent Ebay that. It's weird, I got an email from them stating they can't do anything about the threat because it was made through his internet service provider, not Ebay's forwarding system...then a couple of days later...I see he's suspended and now his negative feedback is gone! [Eek!] And the neg feedback I left him is still there. [New Laugh] I know getting feedback removed is nearly impossible, so I feel vindicated! [Big Grin]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users