31 replies to this topic

#16 Gail C.

Gail C.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 02:47 PM

HELLO EVERYONE,
HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT WHEN THE "SHOWGIRL" IS TO BE RELEASED?
WHAT HAPPENED TO IT?
THANKS AND WARM REGARDS,
GAIL C.

#17 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 02:53 PM

Thanks again everyone for all your help.

I just spoke to the manager again for clarification. She said it was definitely a solid. It was listed as "The Falcon", but could have been a misprint, i.e. "Flacon". It was a $650.00 item that they would sell for $520. There were eight of them available.

I suppose the question now for your expertise is ....would you order this piece for your store?
This is a new location for a Cosmetics Company and they are eager for any advise that can be provided. They admit that they know nothing about EL Solids, thus they have not ordered much. They have customers coming in frequently who collect and would be happy to order if they just knew WHAT to order.

I continue to be amazed and grateful with all that I learn from each of you!!

Mimi [Eek!]

#18 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 04:05 PM

Hi Mimi,

Can you ask her how she knows it is a solid?
Maybe she is reading it wrong . Like maybe the solid part is discribing the glass. [Smile]

I would find it odd that the Cosmetic Store would have a solid that no one has ever heard of. [Puzzled]

That price range fits the Lt.Ed. Beautiful Flacon(bottle) that did not sell well in the retail stores and most of the Cosmetic Stores stuff are just that.
Things that did not sell well , overproduced stuff, and old stuff.
Have never known them to sell new stuff. [Puzzled]

That price ($650 retail)for a solid doesn't match anything that we know of. Having 8 doesn't fit as a prototype .

We would not pay that much for a unknown.
Well, maybe we wouldn't. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Ann & Ken

[ April 30, 2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#19 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 04:10 PM

Hi Gail,

The last we heard Harrods was going to have it for Christmas sales. But who knows. [Puzzled]

We will be sure to ask the EL "person" at convention. [New Laugh]

Ann & Ken

#20 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 07:00 AM

Hi everyone,

as I said before I don't know anything about the solid perfume mentionned. What I personally don't understand is that some of you are discussing about a "FLACON" even though mimi writes "FALCON" which for me is a bird.

About the plain golden ones. As far as I remember they both were $ 2500.00. The golden millenium 2000, was limited to 60 pieces (I have 4/60) and the beautiful blossom 2001, was limited to 125 pieces (I have 11/125).

The crystal Beautiful bottle was issued in autumn 2000 and was $ 650.00. If anyone needs it, I have an extra one.

Take care

Brigitte

[ May 01, 2003, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Brigitte ]

#21 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 07:20 AM

We are assuming that it was a misprint and should have read flacon not falcon. Otherwise it doesn't make sense for all the reasons we have already stated.

Anything is possible and there may be a bird (falcon) but we don't know of one.

And to have 8 avaliable we(or someone) surely would have known about it.

Ann & Ken

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 07:48 AM

Hi Gail,

Long time no hear! I am also awaiting word on the Showgirl. Now they are having it at Harrods will be comparing the price to that of the States. I have ordered the Showgirl and Palm Tree through Micky ages ago!

Will check tomorrow with EL Harrods as to when they will be expecting their quota. Will keep you in the picture. I believe the Strongwater solids will be arriving in October, but I will have to check.

Meanwhile I have just booked to leave here on the 7th for Florida and hope to look in at the Convention on the Saturday.

Have a spare Harrods Van if anyone is interested. It should have gone to Australia but broke down en route! [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
So now I have an extra one.

Best wishes to you all,

Jacky

Will check out the Falcon this end! Could be a bird, could be a flacon. Either or [Confused]
Just a question of where the 'l' goes to determine which! [New Laugh]

#23 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 09:20 AM

Hope you make it to the convention . [Big Grin]

We have been hard at work on some new displays that we hope everyone will enjoy viewing in the exhibit section.

For those of you that didn't get to attend we will post the photos after the convention. [Big Grin]

Ann(with the pink flower) & Ken (wearing golf shirt)

#24 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 03:18 PM

Well here is the latest that I have on our dilemma.

The C.C. Co. will call their corporate office and get as accurate description as is possible.

They May or MAY NOT order....I wish they would, after all the kind attention and research you experts have done....

I would like to see the piece myself so that I can report to all of you!! I have bragged so about you and our group to this C.C. store. Jessica and Judy (the Mgrs) are in "awe" of the knowlege!! Oh well it's all true and you are just wonderful!

Mimi [Eek!]

#25 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:16 PM

Hi Mimi, any word yet about the Falcon?

Nancy

#26 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 11:10 PM

Hi Nancy...

Haven't heard anything on our mystery. I will call this week to see if anyone has called corporate for a detailed description.

As soon as I have news I will post it. I am really curious about this!!

More later....Best to you!

Mimi

#27 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:17 AM

Hi,

There is a small El Falcon on ebay. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ann

[ May 08, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#28 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 10:08 AM

I'll bet someone misread a listing somewhere and it is really a "flacon" not "falcon". It'll be interesting to see if that's actually the case!

A falcon is sort of an ominous looking bird to use as a solid I'd think!

#29 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 10:39 AM

I don't know Jack, that Cardinal looks kind of scary. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

And what could be worse than a girl in a mini skirt riding a horse. As a former horse trainer that was scary to me. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Ann

#30 Jewels

Jewels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 10:55 AM

Hi,

I think the correct ebay listing # for the EL Flacon is 2173847966. Very interesting.

Have a nice day! [Big Grin]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users