31 replies to this topic

#1 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 04:42 PM

Hello Again....

I just had a call from The Cosmetic's Co. The manager was ordering and wanted to know about an Anniversary Piece called "The Falcon". She said it was an extremely expensive piece,that their cost was high ($500.+) and was wondering if she should order it. The perfume content is "Beautiful".

I told her that I would ask the experts and let her know. So... my dear experts, I will wait for your concensus!!

Many thanks....

Mimi

Many thanks.......

Suzanne

#2 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 11:43 PM

Haven't heard of it. Would like to see a photo. The $500 price is too steep for me. [Eek!]

#3 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 09:44 AM

Would the store be charging $500 or would it be discounted? Would love to see the photo!

#4 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 10:45 AM

Thanks to all for your replies. Ann and Ken......Bridgette... can you all give us any history....$ value or particularly a picture of this piece? I am so curious now, especially with C. Company being able to ask for it. But the price(in store)......my gosh!! All information is greatly appreciated!!

Mimi

#5 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 10:49 AM

Oops!! Sorry Lauderlover, I forgot to respond to your question. As I understood, the store's price would be in the $500+ ......I just can't imagine what it would look like.

More later....

Mimi

#6 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:44 PM

Hello,

sorry I have never heard anything about this solid. I'd very much be interested in knowing more about that too.

Have a great day or evening

Brigitte

#7 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 05:50 PM

Are you sure it is a solid?
Flacon usually means bottle.

Ann & Ken

#8 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 09:08 PM

Ann and Ken...

Thanks for your reply. The manager said it was a Estee Lauder perfume solid (beautiful), that the name was "The Falcon"(the bird), and that it was listed as an Anniversary Edition piece. She said that they were wondering about ordering it....but with such a high price.... even at their price, were hesitant until they got more information. I remember reading somewhere(?) that here were a couple of pieces created and then recalled because they were "too masculine". I can't recall what they were tho. Does that ring any kind of a bell with you guys?

I am really eager to satisfy my curiosity.

Many, many thanks.....

Mimi [Confused]

#9 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 09:50 PM

Mimi,

The Mallard was the one which Lisa has listed under Misc Photos which was too masculine.

Will ask here if anyone has heard of this new one. Harrods might know or EL Head Office in London. If they could enlighten us, it would be appreciated!

Curious,

[Puzzled]

#10 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 06:20 AM

Wow this sounds like it could be something really special! [Eek!]
Daren't add this to my list as Kevin will think I am really pushing my luck! [Razz]
I was lucky enough to get a Blue Fantastic Voyager and 50th Anniversary Youth Dew perfume in the gold bottle for my birthday today! [Big Grin]
So guess I shall have to wait 'til Christmas or my birthday next year now! [Roll Eyes]
Bye all.
Maggie [Cool]

[ April 30, 2003, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: lauderlady ]

#11 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 07:25 AM

This is indeed a puzzlement. [Puzzled]

The Cosmetic Stores do not normally get stock that is a prototype and hasn't been released to the public. Being filled with perfume would also take it out of being a prototype.
Also we have never known them to get something before it is released to the public.

If EL is changing its marketing and doing this it could get very interesting and just about kill the retail stores. [Puzzled]

The whole point of the Cosmetic Stores was to sell stock that the retail stores sent back.

We will check with other Cosmetic Stores on our way to Fla. and at the convention we will ask the EL bigwigs what they know ( not that they know anything). [Confused]

Ann & Ken

[ April 30, 2003, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#12 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:53 AM

Hello together - sorry, I was long time otherwise busy.

Flacon means bottle as Ann and Ken said. If I read all your messages, I think actually only at the crystal bottles.

There are totally three crystal flacons, all Special Editions with (30ml or) 1 fl.oz:
-From 1980 "Private Collection" (SFr. 375.--),
-then the "White Linen" and
-the "Beautiful" (Lalique-Crystal-Flacon). It was for the Fifteenth Anniversary in the year 2000. I do not remember any longer the exact price of the "Beautiful" Flacon, but I believe it was like around SFr. 900.-- which corresponded about to $ 520.-- at that time .(perhaps Brigitte knows the exact price still).

I would have a photo, where all three are shown. Unfortunately I could not put it into the page - sorry.

Have a great day,

Liliane

#13 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:24 PM

Liliane is correct.

The Beautiful bottle retailed for $600 and was not a good seller.It was SOLID crystal and few etchings on the side.

Ann & Ken

#14 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 12:04 AM

Could it possibly be the Limited Edition solid - the gold disk with diamonds - that was produced in 2000? Wasn't that a Millineum Edition? Don't remember what it was called - but I could see that being $500 at the stores. Just a thought.

#15 Lorraine

Lorraine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 01:14 PM

Hi Woody,
The Millenium piece that was a gold necklace
with 14 diamonds was $3,000 U.S. I was told
there were 60 pcs. at least mine is 46/60
L. (I wouldn't be happy if they were selling
at $500!!) Never seen one on eBay though