153 replies to this topic

#61 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:47 PM

Carolyn,

Thanks for letting us know, I have not been to my CCS in some time now. Maybe next week I'll have to go and check out what's new.

#62 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:48 PM

Hi KK, sorry I havn't been on the board for a few days. Where were you in Villa Park? Did you see my house?We were at the Desert Hills Company Store a couple of weeks ago. There were lost of solids but mostly duplicates of ones I already own so I didn't buy any. I was looking to see if they had any Judith Leiber ones since they were not a big seller, Lainey

#63 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

Hi KK..gee..I live 5 minutes from Lainey...you could have dropped by my house, too laugh.gif

Well...I guess there's always next time.

Small world, HUH?

#64 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 12:41 AM

Hi KK,

Glad to hear you had such a good time - I will be going to Cabazon in about three weeks hope they have plenty of solids for me when I get there.. (Have cash and credit cards ready to go ).
We went to the San Diego Zoo a couple of months ago and I fell in love with a big fuzzy Panda. Looks like this year we are taking the kids to Sea World, have not been there in several years and of course Disneyland.

Mary

#65 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:44 PM

Hi Mary, If you go to Cabazon, let me know what they have. I still am looking for a Tutu. Lainey

#66 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:09 AM

Hi Lainey,

I will look for the Tutu -

I know this is really old and off the path but the Acorn Naturalist builiding is on the corner of El Camino Real and I think it is First or Fourth street. All the other lots in the area are being developed as I write this -the City of Tustin is trying to make it look like Old Towne Orange.

Have a great day... talk to you soon (how did your garden tour go)?

Mary

#67 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:48 AM

Hi Lainey, Mary and 2Cute,
The next time I get out your way I will let you know. I would love to meet you all.
My mom lives near the Cabazon store. They always have great solids and compacts. I hope they have what you're looking for. Let me know what solids they have.
KK biggrin.gif

#68 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:28 AM

FYI, Jeanette, I was at a Cosmetics Co. store in Virginia last summer and wanted 2 solids. They told me I could only spend $250 on solids, then let me buy the second, putting me over the limit and making it seem like they were doing me a BIG favor. Then when I got home one of the solids was missing a crystal. I had a hard time returning it because it was the last one and they had to find a replacement. Then I had to convince the district manager to allow the exchange by mail - and they claimed they "lost" dry.gif the one I returned, but I had taken out insurance on the package and when the post office traced it, lo and behold, the CC "found" it! I finally got the replacement after 2 months.
Their policy is NO REFUNDS - so beware all!
Ar

#69 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:44 AM

So Ar, what did you get? And what solids were in stock?

#70 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:18 PM

Lisa,
The one they replaced was the fiery fox, but I can't remember the other - this was last summer! There's a CC closer to me in a Saks Off Fifth, just a few miles away, but they didn't have the fox.
Ar

#71 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

Speaking of CCS, I went to San Marcos this weekend. I don't remember all the solids they had. All I know is that I either have or don't want them.

Unfortunately, I saw the Strongwater bird nest. mad.gif I thought this was a popular one?

I wanted to buy some Erte zodiacs but didn't remember which ones I already have. I definitely don't want to make a mistake and buy a duplicate. blink.gif

#72 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:41 PM

You know I don't think I am going to pay full price for any of the new 2005 solids this year. Between the CCS and eBay prices of solids in my opinion have tanked. What is a $450 solid (stagecoach) being solid on eBay BIN for $249??? It even has the box and outer white box and the seller has multiples of them.

I know we beat this topic but I just can't help being pissed off everytime I see it. $250 dollhouses are $130 BIN, a $400 Taj Mahal offered at $199? The list goes on and on... Chinese Junk, marilins, trollys, rollercoasters and the JS.

mad.gif Hey, didn't I pay full price for some of these? mad.gif
Not this year.

#73 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:02 PM

Hi Lisa,
Are the solids you mentioned above all in the CCS or just on ebay? or both?
Sounds like a good deal in the box. I don't have any of them you mentioned.
Lainey,
I've never seen the Tutu at Cabazon or I would have bought it for sure. But, you just never know there could be one waiting for you (and me).

KK biggrin.gif

#74 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:13 PM

For the most part they are showing up on ebay however like Greyhound and Ar said the JS were at the CCS.

Today on eBay I saw a Marlin and trolley for $90 BIN. The trolley retailed for $175 and the Marlin $150 same seller from NY also has a $350 rollercoaster for BIN $120. This is sad and just a big disrespect towards collectors.

This is a link to all the BIN solids on eBay:
BIN solids on eBay

#75 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:48 PM

Oh boy, I'd be fightin' mad if I paid full $$ and now they are on ebay at a discount.
Are the ones from NY the warehouse ones?
KK smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users