153 replies to this topic

#46 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 06:44 PM

Hi All:

Went to the local Cosmetic Company Store today and found out some interesting tidbits. First, each store has a HUGE book which lists all of the solids. Second, the New York headquarters tells each store what they can and cannot order, and how many of each they can have; e.g., 3 Carousels, 2 Prince Charming's, etc. Each CC store is allowed totally different solids from the other stores within 50-250 miles. This is all calculated by New York...not the CC stores.

It's possible the girls who work there are just as frustrated as we are, as I saw a compact I paid $125 for last month, and it's down to $79.00. I almost cried. [Frown]

Just wanted to add a little from the other perspective. I truly don't believe they're "nasty" people...just frustrated. Well, ok, maybe one or two might be a teensy bit witchy, but hey...we all have bad days. [Wink]

Must run...you all take care. I just love this site! Thanks, Lisa. [Smile]

Micki from Philly

#47 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 06:48 PM

[Big Grin] Ann & Ken:

There's a beautiful "flacon" of Estee's Private Collection at our CC Store. It's tiny, frosted glass in a beautiful presentation box. Only $64.00...at least I think it's a "flacon." What the heck determines whether or not it's a "flacon" or not? Size?? I'm so confused and really don't want to start collecting pretty bottles.

Just me again...
Micki [Eek!]

#48 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:05 PM

Micki,

Some very interesting stuff, thanks for sharing! [Big Grin]

#49 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:10 PM

Will let you know what I find tomorrow. Am probably going to be even more upset, but I have to check this out. [Confused]

#50 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:39 PM

Hi Everyone,
I just returned from a trip to Southern California to visit my family. So.....I had to check out the CCS in Cabazon & Carlsbad. The gals were so very kind and helpful. You could buy what you wanted! If the items were over $300 you just put that amount on one credit card or check or cash and used a different form of payment for the other $300. I used cash and CC. I wasn't treated like a criminal, ph34r.gif just a valued customer. Very nice! biggrin.gif
There was a large variety of solids and compacts to choose and a few Jay Strongwater solids from last year. tongue.gif
We went to the San Diego Zoo so at the Carlsbad store I just had to buy the Zebra. You know, because of the visit to the Zoo. I thought that was pretty slick. wink.gif
Anyway, I came home with the Acorn, the Romance frame, and the YD anniversary bottle solid.
WHAT CAN I SAY, IT WAS A GREAT TRIP!!! IN SOLID LAND biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif
Bye, KK wub.gif

#51 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 11:19 AM

Nice to read a Happy Ending!

smile.gif

#52 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:39 PM

KK, I was just in the Carlsbad Outlet Store yesterday and the girls were kind of Snippy saying I could only buy $300. They never said anything about different forms of payments to spend more. My DH and I just walked out empty handed. Nothing I couldnt live without. I will wait for the Judith Leiber ones. huh.gif Lainey

#53 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:57 PM

Expect they will enforce the same rules with the JL ones. Sorry Lainey but I can't see anything will change........ ?

huh.gif

#54 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 11:12 PM

Hi Lainey,
I was thinking of you last week when I was traveling through Villa Park. I raised our family in the Tustin Hills area and we moved when Tustin Ranch was built. blink.gif
Wasn't it just gorgeous in Carlsbad! I love the field of flowers at Armstrong's. Sorry you didn't find anything at the CCS. Like I said I was happy to find the Zebra after the trip to the Zoo. laugh.gif
KK biggrin.gif

#55 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:19 PM

Wow - I can't belive this topic came back after nearly a year!!!

And I thought that I was reading current postings . . . . and wondered why I hadn't read them before I went away . . . . very bizarre!!

#56 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:41 PM

Hi Sandra,
How are you doing? biggrin.gif
I thought I would hunt for the CCS topic instead of starting a new one. laugh.gif
How's your weather?
KK biggrin.gif

#57 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:47 PM

KK, you should have rang the bell. Company is always welcome. You too Barb if you read this. I didn't mean in my post that I would wait for the CCS to have the Leiber solids, just that I would save my money to buy them when they come out instead obf buying ones at the Company store that did not "float my boat". Lainey

#58 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:01 PM

Lainey,
I was sure thinking about ringing the bell. Next time for sure.
KK smile.gif

#59 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:49 AM

No worries, KK - it's fine by me to re-open 'old files' . . . . glad you could find it!!

I'm fine as can be - a little tired . . . that's why I didn't spot the '2003' first off .....

Well, the weather here is cooler but still fine most days . . . still got to have the sunnies on cool.gif

Let me put it this way - hot in the sun, cool in the shade. Whereas in summer it's always darn hot wherever you stand!!

Have to have a jacket or jumper with you at the ready. Well . . .. where I live anyway (Sydney).

See ya!

#60 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:47 PM

Just returned from the trip to Salt Lake City where we attended my grandson's graduation from the University of Utah.

While in Utah we went to Park City where they have a company store. Was surprised they didn't have nearly as much merchandise as the Williamsburg or Las Vegas outlets.

I did get the Erte Taurus powder compact, the Lady Bug from 2004 and Bejeweled Butterfly -- all that I had passed on when they were current. They had all the Erte compacts, the Strongwater crown, the Beyond Paradise Fantasy Flower, the rooster and several others of the general distribution.

I had to laugh about Martha, Ann and Ken remarking about the nice weather they had for the photo shoot. While we were in Utah, it had lots of sunshine, wind, rain, fog and even snow in Park City.

It's nice to be back in Idaho where, guess what, we have rain too.

Carolyn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users