• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#31 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 10:36 AM

Hey, don't forget us guys! We are right there with you!

#32 Lorraine

Lorraine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 11:10 PM

For all you gals/guys in Sydney, I have the addresses of the Cosmetics stores. You
need this pass to get in the stores. And, you have to be either visiting, or, be an
Estee rep. to shop there. ( I have been to a lot of the Company Stores, and Sydney
is by far the hardest to get in and spend ones money.) I got some cute charms there
for $5. But I certainly wouldn't fly in specifically ....sometimes they have no solids, and
Sydney won't phone Rosebery store to let you know what they have. Makes this
collecting fascinating, doesn't it!!!
Sydney Store:
Estee Lauder, Level 6, 99 Bathurst Street Sydney NSW
Rosebery Store:
Estee Lauder, 21 Rosebery Avenue, Rosebery NSW

Solids are 30% cheaper than in stores.
Lorraine

#33 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 02:02 PM

This is just totally riddiculous [Mad] (sorry if I spelt it wrong)
Surely it doesn't matter to the Cosmetics Co who buys the solids as long as somebody does!
At the end of the day most stores rely on their regular customers for their trade as this is their bread and butter.
They must be commission based [Puzzled]
Don't they want regualr happy customers then?
It makes you wonder what on earth the staff in these stores are "threatened" with!
Surely somebody in the whole store must be helpful and understand that these rules are hardly "customer friendly" [Cry]
I am in Customer Services myself and our motto is "Customer is King" and always go that extra mile for your customer.
Cosmetics Co are turning in to a laughing stock and surely cannot actually believe what they preach!
What they need is some stiff competition.
I have spent an absolute fortune on my collection in the last 12 months, far more than on anything else.
My question to EL would be Why should I bother?
I am not highly regarded as a customer am I?
If I had spent that much in any other store on such a regular basis I would expect First Class treatment let alone be "restricted" to what I can spend.
Enough said! [Mad]
Maggie

#34 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 02:45 PM

Well said, Maggie! [Smile]

The Cosmetics Company stores I shop at in Virginia do not limit you on how many you can purchase (at least not that I am aware of), but one of their stores has a policy where you cannot touch the solid perfumes you are considering on purchasing. So when I want to inspect what I am purchasing, the sales lady must handle it while I look it over. [Roll Eyes]

Jeanette

#35 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 02:46 PM

Hi Everyone!

I know that we are all unhappy with the C.C. Co. right now. Me too!

I visited mine in Allen, Tx. this weekend. They had the Watering Can for $120.00, Round and Square "America the Beautiful" $45.00 and $54.00 w/crystals. Let me know if I can help any of you. I can go back if anyone wants anything... I can get up to 3 items.

More later

Mimi [Big Grin] [Mad] [Confused]

#36 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 03:16 PM

Hi Mimi,

Did you find out about the flacon/falcon?
Are they still letting you see the list that they can order from?? Are there any Jay Strongwaters on it?

Ann

#37 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 03:22 PM

When we first started going to CC, three years ago , they were friendly and helpful. The discount was 40% and you were limited to $300 per person which meant Ken & I could buy $600.
At that time the highest price solids was $150 at 40% off, so you could buy a lot of them.
Now that solids are $450 at 20% off , you are very limited so it sometimes is not worth the hassle.
Don't know what happened but it hardly seem worth it to EL to have this PR nightmare.

Ann

#38 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 04:50 PM

Hi Ann,

The Allen store did not order the "Flacon". They said it was a misprint, as suspected!. It was an etched bottle with Beautiful fragrance.

They did let me look at their print out last month and took my list of suggestions. There were Strongwaters on their printout, but they didn't get any. [Cry] I think that I mentioned that they, being a newer store are "low man" when the order goes in. Somebody else must have gotten those. They are getting ready to submit another order by the 31st. I will call at the end of this week and they said they would tell me what was on the "availability list".

The manager has been extremely nice and was eager get any suggestions and expertise that our collector's might offer, since she knows nothing about these compacts....powder or solid.

We will see what they get in on June 15th. Hope they are still willing to give me telephone information....I will keep trying. [Smile]

Best to all....

Mimi

#39 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 05:43 PM

What happens if the CCS does get the Strongwater solids, will people return the original solids back to Saks and then go to the CCS and buy them for 20% off? My $1000 investment is now worth $800.

That would be like buy 4 and get the 5th one free because it would be a savings of $200.

Perhaps if this started happening Estee Lauder would cut the production runs and just let them sell out at the department stores. [Suspicious]

[ May 27, 2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#40 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 06:24 PM

I am really surprised that all of you in the States have the same problems that we encounter here in the U.K.

I don't think it is necessarily anything to do with E.L. as I think once the goods are despatched to these outlets, that is it! Perhaps I am wrong but will endeavour to check it out!

The one thing that I find distasteful is the fact that they keep a check on their customers i.e. who buys, how many, etc. etc. And if the girls do work on commission there is nothing wrong in that!

If the goods are sent to these places due to the fact that they are not selling, why should anyone care how many a customer buys and also, whether the customer sells on or exchanges or whatever! Once you have purchased an item, it is yours legally to do whatever you wish! If vigorous restrictions are to be imposed and a Big Brother attitude adopted, would it not be better for E.L to dispose of them completely and not send on for re-sale. Even for E.L to retain these and have a yearly mini-auction? I really haven't thought this through at length. BUT to be treated as children is making a laughing stock of us all. They want the collectors to come and buy yet they don't want to sell! Also for the Collectors to be told they can't have this or that I think is demeaning.

Personally I have stopped buying from them and feel if we all did the same, they would then have a turnabout of face. No customers, no money, etc. etc. No-one is going to tell me what I can or can't do with an item once purchased!

[ May 28, 2003, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Jacqueline ]

#41 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 06:41 PM

Jacqueline,

I agree with what you say totally.

The Cosmetic Company Store is Estee Lauder, they sell only products owned by the Estee Lauder Company nothing else.

[ May 27, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#42 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 06:58 PM

Lisa, I didn't realise that. I thought they were independent of E.L. How come they sell other brands of cosmetics in these outlets?

Sorry to be so vague but would like to know more about how this works..

Thanks, [Confused]

#43 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 07:27 PM

Hello Jacky If you see Clinique, Bobby Brown, or any other company in a Cosmetic Company store it is because they are owned by Estee Lauder. [Smile]
The girls I know in the Cosmetic Company store tell me that they do not sell on commission but I would venture a guess they still have a quota to sell [Confused]

#44 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 08:22 PM

Hi Lorraine - Thank you for the Sydney addresses of the Cosmetic stores. Would you know if there are any stores in Melbourne & where. Also how does one go about getting a pass. Any info would be most appreciated.
Thanks, Karen [Smile] [Smile]

#45 lolly

lolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 03:34 PM

Hi Jacqueline do you know where the cosmetic outlets are in the U.K.? I did not know we had any here. Cheers lolly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users