• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#16 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:54 AM

Lyndell, If you are still looking for the glitter puppy compact, please contact me through the private email address.

Wondering what the rollercoaster is going to look like!

!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

#17 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 05:37 PM

Hello to All,

I checked at my Cosmetics Company Store and they didn't have much. No perfume compacts. A few powders, but none that any of you had mentioned that you were looking for. I did buy one "America the Beautiful" powder compact.....$24.00 plus tax. I spoke with the manager. If I call her she will tell me what she has in......but will not quote prices. She's expecting a few more pieces in the coming weeks....so I will once again be "on the lookout" and let you know.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend....

Mimi

#18 Lyndell

Lyndell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 09:54 PM

[Big Grin] [Smile] Wow! Thanks everyone for all your help, especially Lisa and KK. I generally prefer to shop via the Cosmetics Company stores rather than E-Bay because of the logistics of international shopping, the many downfalls of which I read about on this site. The lower price helps to encourage my "risk management" instincts. At the prices that items sell at in Australia (e.g. Ferris Wheel was $1200) I can handle any bargain I can get!! I appreciate the information updates on what is in stock from those who are kind enought to post them. Many thanks.

#19 Lorraine

Lorraine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 08:52 AM

Hi Lyndell,
Do you shop at the Cosmetics Stores in Sydney and Rosebery? You need a pass, but will save quite a bit. I was shocked as to how much David Jones was charging for the solids last yr (November) the international fairy was $530 Aus.and the Lion in cage was $1,000. I had all the solids in the Comp.Stores, so purchased a few charms at $5. (in Rosebery) hope I have helped.
Lorraine

#20 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 10:46 AM

Hello all,

We are going to TRY to stop at the EL Company Store in Ala. on the way to Fla. [Big Grin]

So if anyone wants us to look for something let us know. [Big Grin]

Ann & Ken

#21 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 09:44 AM

I would love to get the Bergdorf Goodman shopping bag or white crystal rose if you should stumble across them, thank you! [Silly]

#22 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 02:45 AM

Hey Lorraine,
what are these cosmetic stores in Sydney and Rosebery and how do you get a pass? do tell I am very interested!
[Silly]
thanks! [Big Grin]

#23 Lorraine

Lorraine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 08:20 PM

Hi Lauderlover, I have an extra Burgdorf Goodman bag... after purchasing it on eBay, I found one in a store. I would just be happy to get my money back of $195. If interested, let me know at
lorraine@cambridgecanvas.com
Hi Fee: I have both the addresses at work. I live in Canada, and wrote both letting them know of my visit, and also gave my Mothers address. They sent one to Canada, and one c/- Mum. This way I had two registered passes, since they only allow so much per purchase, so much per quarter/year. Sydney address is in Bathurst Street, near the Town Hall. And Rosebery one is near Dalmeny Avenue,(a stones throw from where I grew up.)
get back to you tomorrow. If you want to give me your email address.. I can email you tomorrow? [Razz]

#24 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 12:30 AM

Hi Lorraine,
thanks very much for that! [Big Grin]

#25 bm3200

bm3200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 07:47 AM

Hi Lyndell, please advise, if you dont mind, how you get access to company stores? and roughly how much do the solids sell for. I am an avid collector but pay through the nose for them, my husband bought me the lion for christmas from DJ's, you know how much it cost. I would really like to get the ferris wheel and the globe. Can any one help??? and do they know how much they would cost.

Hi Lorraine, when you shopped at the Company store in Sydney, how much did they charge for some of the solids, where they much cheaper?? I too have a pass, but wonder if it would be worth flying there to get some.

I do know that the cosmetic store in NAPA had a globe, thats all they would say, does anyone live near there that could check out the price for me??? and perhaps purchase it for me.

Thankyou Kay

[ April 14, 2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: bm3200 ]

#26 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 10:45 PM

I went to the Cosmetic Company Store in Camarillo the other day and was again told something by the store manager I've never heard of! I was there 6 months ago and bought 3 different solids. I tried to buy just one solid and was turned away! The last time I went, they were keeping track of everyone in a book and making you show them your driver's license to sell you a solid...even if you were paying cash! They did not tell me the purpose of the list other than to track who is buying what. When I went in the other day, they looked me up in the book and told me that each customer is now limited to purchasing 3 solids in their LIFETIME and I've met that quota the last time I came in, so they can never sell me another solid again! [Eek!] How do you like that one?? I know there are other cosmetic company stores and it seems like each store has their own rules!!! [Mad]

[ May 26, 2003, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Lauderlover ]

#27 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 12:20 AM

Yikes, Lauderlover! I can't believe they would do that. It's ridiculous considering they're selling discounted solids that were overproduced and/or overpriced to begin with. Wouldn't they like to sell them (ahem, get rid of)? [Suspicious] If the manager changes in the future, maybe the policies will change. [Confused] Until then, it's time to convince family and friends to purchase the solids.

#28 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 03:24 AM

lauderlover,
In my past few times I've gone to the Cosmetic Stores, they are cracking down on selling a lot of solids to one person, reason is that if they think you are selling on ebay they can refuse you.
Thats what they told me and they have names of people selling on ebay.
This doesn't make sense...but if they sold all the solids to people that sell on ebay they feel the rest would not get a chance to buy at discount prices. Thats what I was told at many of the stores. [Eek!] [Eek!]
I don't understand why they can't tell you over the phone the prices, which we can all guess the price minus 20% off. I just want to know whats in stock before I make a trip out to one.

Good Luck [Smile] [Eek!] [Razz] [Razz]

#29 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 09:45 AM

Lauderlover,

I think the whole thing is just ridiculous!!! [Mad]

Dear Estee Lauder,

Here is a very simple solution regarding selling solids at the Cosmetic Company store- stop selling them there!!

I know I hate it when I see a solid at the CCS for 20% off retail knowing that I paid full price.

[ May 27, 2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#30 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 09:53 AM

I agree...Estee Lauder...why do you so hastily sell your samples off at dirt cheap prices at warehouse sales, which always end up on Ebay...then you treat collectors like dirt when they try to buy a couple of solids that are only 20% off anyways! [Mad] I'm so sickened I almost feel like selling off my entire collection and designing my own solid perfumes! That's what you need, some stiff competition! Right girls? [Wink]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users