• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(MitziMay @ Apr 10 2006, 07:12 AM)
Sounds like a Teddy bears picnic  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

View Post

Do you think we could be so lucky? rolleyes.gif
I'm also wanting the English Emblem. Now that would make for a great picnic with all the little bears around the emblem. Just a fantasy I'm thinking. smile.gif huh.gif

#137 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE(Topbev @ Apr 10 2006, 11:46 PM)
Do you think we could be so lucky?  rolleyes.gif
I'm also wanting the English Emblem.  Now that would make for a great picnic with all the little bears around the emblem.  Just a fantasy I'm thinking.  smile.gif  huh.gif

View Post

You never know, what is it they say "everything comes to those who wait". "Patience is a virtue" and so on.....

Hope your dreams come true soon
MitziMay rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

#138 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE(MitziMay @ Apr 14 2006, 05:22 AM)
You never know, what is it they say "everything comes to those who wait".  "Patience is a virtue" and so on.....

Hope your dreams come true soon
MitziMay    rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif

View Post

smile.gif smile.gif Thanks

#139 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:16 PM

We did visit the Company store in Hilton Head S.C. The ladies at that store were terrific and so helpful. I came away with four new solids (Jay Strongwater) that I had passed on previously, but at 20% off, I couldn't resist, nor could other members of my family.

CKA

#140 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:31 PM

Hi CKA,
Which ones did you get?

#141 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:19 PM

Hi KK:

I got the Pagoda, which my son-in-law really liked, the Little Chick and the Boudoir Butterfly which I really liked and the Pampered Kitty which my daughter really liked. I had passed on these at full price, but just could resist when I saw them in person.

I was surprised at the number of solids this store had. My kids always look when they are traveling and the Williamsburg store is the only one they have visited that could compare with the numers of solids.

Now, to find a place for them.

Carolyn

#142 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:36 AM

So the Cosmetic Company stores already have some of the latest Jay Strongwater solids?
Seems like I just bought the Boudoir Butterfly at full price just a couple of
months ago.

Joni dry.gif

#143 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:53 PM

I'm glad I waited biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#144 Solidcrazy

Solidcrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:56 PM

I was at the cc store in Destin, Fl today. They have the Pampered Kitty, The Marlin, The Lily Vase, The Gen Dist Ladybug, Horseshoe, Shamrock, And cameo. I treated myself to the Marlin ! smile.gif Almost went for the Lilies, maybe later. I'm sure the family would like groceries this month blink.gif

#145 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:14 PM

Very funny solidcrazy biggrin.gif biggrin.gif but I know what you mean. Congrats on the Marlin from Destin. One of my favorite places.

#146 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:14 PM

Hello KK, nice to see you back! Hope you had a lovely time.

Will let you know when the English Emblem is going up for sale but at the
moment there are smaller fish ( not the Marlin) to fry!

blink.gif

#147 cottagecosmetics

cottagecosmetics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:43 PM

**Phew**

I'm new here and just finished reading all 10 pages of this one post alone! blink.gif

Just really started collecting the solids (mostly older ones), because they are so pretty. I also collect powder compacts. Box/no box, perfume/no perfume - it doesn't matter to me.

Looks like I'll be staying away from the ones made today (not that I could afford them anyway), just based on all the above comments.

I understood most of what was said, but the term 'GD' doesn't compute - can you tell me what that stands for?

Thanks for all your collective expertise!

Someone asked if there was a list of all the CCS somewhere, but I couldn't find an answer to that question. Does anyone know? I'm by the Carlsbad, CA location if I can help anyone out...

Lisa

#148 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:49 AM

Hi Lisa, and welcome to the site. smile.gif

GD stands for General Distribution. There are 4 solids released each year as GD solids. They are usually cheaper in cost than the others released but can be quite pretty. We know that Dillards handles them and this year they cost $80 each. If you will look in the solids database at the top of the page and look up a single years solids you can tell them by the cost. biggrin.gif

Again, welcome and we hope you become a lifelong collector and member here. wub.gif

#149 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:06 AM

Hi Lisa and Welcome biggrin.gif

If you google OutletBound. com and hit the search outlets, it will give you a list of the CCS stores and their locations.

Good luck and Good Hunting!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Katita

#150 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:10 AM

Lisa, I just looked it up and there is one at the Carlsbad Premium Outlets - 5600 Paseo del Norte #100 - phone # 760-804-9000 - open 10-8 daily

Good luck - let us know what you get! biggrin.gif

Katita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users