Ann & Ken

#62 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 04:55 PM

Hi to all those attending the IPBA,

I do hope some one is taking a labtop and a camera too. We longingly expect reports and pics every evening
[New Laugh] [New Laugh] [Eek!] [Eek!]

I wish you all a very pleasant time and hope to meet you all next year,

Brigitte

#63 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 05:04 PM

We will do our best!! [Big Grin]

[ May 06, 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#64 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 05:18 PM

Brigitte, what a great idea about bringing a laptop and sending us daily reports, and lots of pictures, too! I long to be going, but wish all of you a safe journey and a wonderful time. [Big Grin]

Nancy, I have a thistle encased in glass that I use as a paperweight at the office. It's a great conversation piece because no one knows what it is and always asks. Is it native to Scotland?

[ May 07, 2003, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: Martha C ]

#65 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 06:06 PM

I wish I could go to convention. But there is no way this year, besides look at all the money I save by not going to buy more solids......
LOL
Kasi [Big Grin]

#66 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 06:19 PM

I wish to all a marvelous time in Orlando! It is beautiful that some from Europe have also the chance to fly over the large pond - super [Big Grin] !

How all other remained at home [Cry] [Cry] , I will wait, strained for it [Roll Eyes] , which impressions and good deals everyone brings home!

*****A lot of fun [New Laugh] [New Laugh] and good luck for all*****

Liliane

#67 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 05:45 AM

Martha C,
my ideas always are great the only problem is the realisation [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

[Puzzled] [Confused] Brigitte [Confused] [Puzzled]

[ May 07, 2003, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: Brigitte ]

#68 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:10 PM

Sorry, the Thistle is our national 'flower' in Scotland. It can be very beautiful but has a 'sting' sharper than any thorn from a rose. It bacame our national flower because, as the story goes, it saved us from slaughter when the enemy tried to creep upon us in their bare feet. They trod on thistles and yelled in pain, thus, losing the advantage of surprise. Although it can be called a weed, there are many varieties and some are really quite lovely, added to that, they encourage butterflies and other insects to your garden. England has the rose, Wales the daffodil, or leek! and Ireland has the Shamrock. I know each state in America has such symbols too. Florida is the Orange state isn't it. What is yours?

Nancy

#69 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 06:17 PM

Nancy, how interesting about the Thistle. There is so much to learn on this site. The state flower for North Carolina (and I believe Virginia, too) is the Dogwood. It's a hardwood tree that blooms in the Southern U.S. with pink or white flowers that are shaped like a cross. Legend is that the hardwood from the tree was the wood used to make the cross Christ was crucified on and this is why the flowers form a perfect cross and bloom around Easter. We have 2 in our front yard.

Dogwood got its name because its bark was used to treat mange in dogs. Native Americans used the bark to treat malaria. People say, "You can always tell a Dogwood by its bark!" [New Laugh] [Silly] [Big Grin]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users