68 replies to this topic

#31 solidcollector

solidcollector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 04:18 PM

Hi,
I am also very interested in the Palm Tree and Showgirl. I hope I can get on someone's list!! Also does anyone know what these look like? Is there a picture available yet? I was just curious! I can't imagine what the Palm Tree would look like???
Have a nice day!!
Gayla

#32 chumney

chumney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 04:37 PM

Dear Gayla if you call Harrods asap 02077301234x2337 you can order the Showgirl and Palmtree they only have 30 of each but the picture looks great . They go on sale October but are taking orders now.

#33 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 04:43 PM

Gayla,

Both the palm tree and showgirl will be available at the Vegas boutique.

user posted image user posted image

#34 solidcollector

solidcollector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 09:18 AM

[Eek!] OH My Goodness!! [Big Grin] They are both such awesome pieces!! Thank you both so much for the information! I have to add these 2 to my collection!!! Thanks again so much!! Can't wait till October!!! [Silly]
Gayla [New Laugh]

#35 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 03:08 PM

Just to let everyone know, if you are going to the IPBA convention this year reservations must be made by April 14th in order to get the room rate of $114.

Also, convention reservation fee are also due: before April 14th $110 per person, after April 14th $125 per person.

Hope to see you all there, if anyone needs an application please email me. [Big Grin]

#36 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:42 AM

[Cry] I am sad that I donít get to attend the IPBA. [Cool] To the fortunate ones that go, we others expect all of the details when you return. I have never been and would like to know what happens, what do you do? Is there an agenda? Are there perks to becoming a member, if you can't attend?
Martha U

#37 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 10:27 AM

Hi Everyone....

I can't go to the convention either, but will be very interested to hear all the details. I don't know anything about this, so I am eager to learn from all of you!!

Best to All.....

Mimi [Eek!]

#38 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 01:04 PM

Martha & Mimi,

I don't know much about the convention either as it will be my first one. I will be sure to let everyone how it was and hopefully have some photos to post. [Wink]

#39 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:15 PM

The perks to going to convention. First we get to meet in person some of the people on this site that we talk with and bid against.
You will be able to be the first to purchase the palm tree solid. [Smile]
At convention in Dallas last year year we were given preview of all of the XMass solids. They were on display and we were able to "fondle" [Razz] them. One note there was a saxaphone displayed that never made it into production. [Frown]
One of Estee Lauders VP's was there with a short talk and did attempt to answer some of our questions. [Roll Eyes]
At the 2000 convention in Atlanta Estee had Bob Conte as speaker and he showed a short film on the making of the solids.
If you collect any other types of perfume this is the place to be as you will see many different perfume presentations and meet some of the "names" in the commercial collector sector. [Razz]
Convention is a good place to meet people, and to buy, sell, and trade your perfume items. [Big Grin]
We have been members of the IPBA since the early 90's and have found it to always be an interesting experience [Cool]

#40 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:42 PM

Ron ,You forgot the most important thing.
THE GOODIE BAG. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ann & Ken

#41 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:54 PM

O.K...... Now I am REALLY curious. What wonderful things did they include in the "Goodie Bag"?

Sounds like great fun!!

Mimi [Big Grin]

#42 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:55 PM

Me too, I want to know!!! [Silly]

#43 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:04 PM

It's different every year so we don't know till we reg. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Forgot about the room to room sales . That is also a highlight of the convention.

Names and room numbers of who wants to have visits and stuff to sell are posted on a bulletin board at the IPBA regs. desk. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ann & Ken

#44 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:41 PM

Oh, that sounds like fun, what if you are in the shower. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

#45 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 08:15 PM

Don't answer the door. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Most leave the door open when they are ready to have quests. Some you just knock and they let you in .
Copy down the room numbers from the board and off you go. You may have to go back several times if they are not in or "in the shower".

Ann & Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users