• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#16 Mini

Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 10:57 AM

Oh!Boy!Oh!Boy! This is all very confusing. Micky from EL, NY has also been taking pre-orders for the Palm Tree,said to be due in April????? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

#17 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 02:05 PM

Don't worry Jackie, I live in the States and if I can get my paws on an extra Palm Tree, I'd glady pick one up for you!! (You'd just have to pay shipping)

#18 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 07:08 PM

The palm tree is nice, but I'm not too fond of the beach part. I have to think this over. Solids are so expensive that I only buy the ones I really really love. I already sacrafice not buying any new clothes so I can buy some of the better solids. Actually, the only clothing I got last year was a coat that my husband bought for a Christmas present.

There's more time to think about the palm tree. Maybe, just maybe, some nice person will sell it near retail price on ebay. Or, God forbid, below retail. [New Laugh] It could happen. I bought the cowboy below $200 (including shipping). [Smile]

#19 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 08:03 PM

It would be nice if they limit the amount someone can buy. I wish they did that on a regular basis.

My idea--limit 1 solid design for the first release month including pre-orders. After that time, you can "buy out" the store if you wanted. This will help collectors secure one for their collection and not worry about their favorites being sold out.

#20 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 02:06 AM

Ann & Ken:
I would love to get on that list for the palm tree solid, if possible. I am not sure that I can attend the convention yet...would love to go but....won't know for a bit....I would still take another if I was able to go.
Let me know if I can reserve one from your list, ok?

Thanks Pamela Meeson [Smile] [Smile] [Wink]

#21 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 08:57 AM

Hi Pamela,

You are on the list. [Big Grin]

The list is now full .

Ann & Ken

#22 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 12:19 AM

Guess I missed the list [Frown]

Well maybe I can get on the alternates list...if one turns up.... [Smile]

Patricia

#23 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 02:28 PM

Please don't worry.

We are with Lisa on the fact there should be plenty one way or the other. [Big Grin]

El never just makes a"few".

Ann & Ken

#24 pancho

pancho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 02:38 PM

Don't worry, they'll end up in a discount store if you wait long enough...and remember a lot of the Estee reps. buy them, then re-sell them using a different name on Ebay! They get discounts in the store....then buy them and put them on Ebay! Why not if it works???

#25 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 01:52 AM

THANKS ANN AND KEN.. AND YOU ARE RIGHT; EL NEVER JUST MAKES A FEW....
THAT'S THE PHYSCOLOGY OF SELLING SUCCESSFULLY..
GETCHA ALL WORKED UP THINKING THERE ISN'T GOING TO BE ENOUGH TO GO AROUND AND THEN HERE COMES THE
SURPLUS!!!!!!!!!
[Big Grin] [Wink]

#26 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 10:32 PM

Hi Lisa, I received the IPBA membership application today. Thanks for sending it, [Big Grin] I'll mail it tomorrow. The brochure is gorgeous I'm drooling all ready. [Razz] [Silly] I'm looking forward to Orlando in May [Cool]
KK

#27 LenoreHiers

LenoreHiers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 10:56 AM

Palm Tree info -- as told to me by Estee Lauder corporate in New York, who created this AT THE REQUEST OF THE INTERNATIONAL PERFUME BOTTLE ASSN (IPBA) for our convention. The Las Vegas store/sales persons were reprimanded for the early solicitation and misinformation I was told.
All palm trees will be on site at the Orlando convention for sale. IF any are not sold, they will be shipped to Las Vegas (only) to sell.
Sorry Ann & Ken, but you cannot pre-order when you register for convention. This only can be done on site. See you there! Hope to see many more chat members there too.
Lenore Hiers, past pres. IPBA

#28 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 06:12 PM

Hello Everyone,

Thought you might be interested to learn that Harrods will be stocking the Palm Tree and the Showgirl.

Was very surprised to hear this and no doubt some of you will be surprised too!

Do not know the pricing as yet, but I have received this information today and on good authority.

Best wishes to you all,

Jacky [Wink] [Smile] [Smile]

#29 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 07:09 PM

[Confused] I am confused....will they be available...won't they be available? I personally think they will be available after the show. After all, there is $$$$$ involved:) And this is great for the European collectors to be able to get them from Harrods.

#30 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 11:29 AM

I agree, there will be some palm trees available after the convention. When the peach was done for Atlanta, I got it from NM a few months afterwards, though I was told it was the last one. There were more limited amounts of them, I think, but there were peaches available after the convention. By the way, the peach is perfectly beautiful and I'm happy to own it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users