• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 LenoreHiers

LenoreHiers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 06:36 PM

BREAKING NEWS - PALM TREE SOLID: Contrary to what you may have heard from the Estee Lauder boutique in Las Vegas, Estee Lauder New York corporate office advises that ALL palm tree solids will be available for purchase on site at the International Perfume Bottle Association convention in Orlando, Florida on May 15 to 18, 2003. There is a very small number being produced, at the request of IPBA. If, and only if, some are left unsold in Orlando, they will then be sent to Las Vegas and be available for purchase from there. You must be a registered convention attendee to purchase these palm trees, and the limit will be two per registrant. The price is $175, plus tax.

#2 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 06:47 PM

Great news, Lenore! Thank you for the clarification and I think this is wonderful for the collectors! Everyone should come to the convention. They are a wonderful way to meet fellow collectors and buy lots of solids.

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 06:59 PM

If anyone would like to join the IPBA please contact myself, Lenore or Ron were are all members and have the applications for membership.
Hope to see lots of you there!!! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

#4 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 07:03 PM

Great news for those that can get to the convention for an exclusive palm tree and by the sound of things a great and memorable time [Big Grin]

Sad for those that can't make it [Frown] Here's hoping there are a few palm trees left over for the Vegas shop [Silly]

I think it is a good thing, if EL stick to their word, that it is to be a limited exclusive. [Big Grin]

#5 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 07:41 PM

Hi Lenore,

Can you reserve them ahead of time when you pay your registration?

Ann

#6 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 08:20 PM

So sad for the ones that can not be there... Patricia

[ February 11, 2003, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Patricia ]

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 08:57 PM

If each registrant can get 2 per person then I will have an extra one for anyone that wants it. Just let me know. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink]
I am sure that there will be more than enough to go around after the show.

#8 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 10:51 PM

Lisa, ....I thought that it was exclusive to las Vegas store only, thats what the girls at Estee Lauder store in Vegas said today when I called. So, you are saying that only if some are left, they will go to the Vegas store. Then the girls at the Las Vegas store are mislead...because they say they are getting some for sure...because it is an exclusive to them. Please help?
Debbie [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Razz] [Smile] [Confused] [Confused]

#9 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 11:53 PM

With Estee Lauder things are always a mystery with sales associates. There never seems to be a clear cut answer. We know things before they do.

I just had a E.L. sales associate tell me they could get me a carousel from a store still having it in stock, I in turn told him "oh no you can't, they are long gone" but this person still insisted they could produce one for me (obviously they couldn't).

It all revolves around sales, the Vegas sales associates want solids to be purchased through them so they may be telling customers that you could only get it there. Who knows...... [Eek!] [Confused] [Eek!]

If the palm tree is a big seller then Lauder may do another production run like the Jay Strongwater solids. There were only going to be 500 of each solid but they sold so well Lauder ran another production run.

[ February 11, 2003, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#10 pancho

pancho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 12:48 AM

So much for limited editions !!!!!!! I have been told that the Palm tree will DEFINITELY BE AVAILABLE to the Las Vegas EL store AND elsewhere, and I'm sure they will be. Obviously they want to start the normal hysteria surrounding the new releases so they can sell out quickly then make more. For those of us/you who cannot attend the convention don't worry they'll turn up I'll bet!

Just wait a few days everything will change with the EL "exclusives"...everyday brings another story, rumour etc.! It's like a giant soap opera....I am anxiously awaiting another "chapter"

#11 Mary

Mary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 01:18 AM

That stinks about the sales ladies not sure of what they are telling. I was called a few weeks ago and told the story of the Las Vegas exclusive. She said only a certain number(cant remember what number) would be at the convention and the rest in L.V. Now I read different here! I am still not sure if I will be able to go to the convention ( I had to cancel the week of, last year) and kept telling myself it if I couldnt go at least I had the palm tree on order. [Suspicious] So much for assumptions. The closer it gets to the convention though the more I really want to go!

#12 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 08:08 AM

Lisa, if you could get an extra one I will buy it from you.....I am not relying on the Las Vegas store....Please Please. Hope you can or some one else can.... [Razz] [Smile] Please let me know, thanks
Debbie [Razz] [Smile]

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 09:19 AM

Debbie,

So sorry [Cry]
Someone already took me up on the offer. [Frown] through private email. I really wish I could be of more help to all of you that cannot go. I still think there will be plenty left over.

#14 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 09:29 AM

We can TRY to bring some back for the the folks on this board to buy. Email us if you wish to get on the "list". We will try our best .

Non-collectors will be buying them at the convention to re-sell on ebay at a much higher price. We will hold our price to "on this board" members to what we paid plus shipping.

Ann & Ken

#15 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 09:55 AM

Thanks for the interesting news!

It seems to me that the only really exclusive ones are those put out on behalf of Harrods. At least, sofar, we know they will not produce more once they have sold the quota, normally 400.

I am receiving mixed news re the Palm Tree and as far as I am aware, it will not be distributed here in the U.K. but.....you never can tell!

I could go on...and on... but I won't!

Jacky [Wink] [Wink]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users