128 replies to this topic

#91 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 05:14 PM

Hi Maggie,

Most of the powder compacts we get from the Las Vegas store have the plain gold box with their EL ribbon.
They use to do the solids this way until an uproar from all the collectors made them stop.

Ann & Ken

#92 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 05:23 PM

Hi to you both.
I'm not too worried about it.
Infact if I hadn't got the receipt in the parcel I think I could convince myself it was a present.
Ahhh if only! [Cry]
Looking forward to the next installment of your pictures, I look forward to getting home from work and checking this site for your additions!
How sad is that! [Big Grin]
You might have started me on to something else now! Just checked out the Strongwater boxes for the first time tonight! WOW! I just love the Hummingbird one. [Cool]
[Cool]
Kevin is none to pleased with you and I think he is packing my bags as I write this! Hey ho that's life I could have worse habits! [New Laugh]
Off to bed now! Can't spend any more money then.
Maggie [Silly]

#93 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 07:43 PM

Kathrine Baumann as promised [Smile] [Smile]

Photos aren't the greatest [Frown] [Frown]

user posted image

#5 Desert Bloom is just a sketch.

user posted image user posted image

Ken & Ann

[ February 17, 2003, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#94 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 07:48 PM

Dear Maggie,

Should we start putting Jay Strongwater photos on here? [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Ann & Ken

#95 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 08:20 PM

WOW !!!!!!!!! love the compacts. Where can we get Katherine Bowmans compacts?...love them..

Jay Strongwater, oh well, why not, hmmmmmm,check w/lisa & Jack.....they are beautiful too!!!

Patricia...loving all the compacts whether solid or powder. Just too much fun!!!

[ February 17, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Patricia ]

#96 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 08:54 PM

Ann & Ken,

Would love to see the Strongwaters!!

#97 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 09:17 PM

Ann & Ken,

I'd love to see your Strongwater collection too! [Big Grin]

Jeanette

#98 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 07:31 AM

Good Morning Lauderlady,
When I posted the good deal, it had a buy it now price of $150.00 Do a search on Estee Lauder lot of solid & powder compacts. Ebay # 2160245804. You should find it.
Martha U [Silly]

#99 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 09:45 PM

Hi Ann and Ken,

I am fast becoming a lover of Jay Strongwater. Please let us see your collection. I have a few of his EL designs and just received his magnificent Amber Turtle keepsake box.

Thanks so much.....
Mimi

#100 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 03:27 AM

Ann & Ken, I have only just discovered all your wonderful photos of the solids with matching compacts - now of course I want to start collecting the compacts too (which I've been told I'm not allowed to do), but I have printed off the pages & am having much pleasure looking at them & I wanted to say thank you very much. [Smile] [Smile]

Karen

#101 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 03:06 PM

Dear Ann and Ken
I have been on a sales course for 2 days and am just catching up with your posts.
You will get me a Divorce before I've even got him up the isle but hey let's test my relationship and go for it!! please post the Strongwater boxes [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
What are the little hearts in the picture? [Puzzled] and are the long sparkly things atomisers?
Just got my roulette solid from Micky today but there was a stone missing and the perfume inside was cracked, thankfully she is very helpful and is going to change it for me! [Big Grin]
Looking forward to your photo's I feel another collection coming on! I only have a 2 Bedroom Maisonette! [Eek!] might have to move Kevin out any way to create more room [New Laugh]
Maggie [Smile]

[ February 19, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: lauderlady ]

#102 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 03:45 PM

Hi Maggie, looks like the hearts are key-rings. Don't they look good? Mind you I have two bunches of keys, one for home and one for work. There must be about ten keys on each bunch. I can't swim but even if I could, if I was to fall in the river I'd sink like a stone!! They'd look really good if you had dainty bunches of keys. Like maybe just one - for your Rolls Royce. Knowing you, you've sold it to buy solids! [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Nancy

#103 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 03:48 PM

Hi maggie,

The little hearts are key chains and the long sparkly things are atomisers.

We are going to try to take photos of the Jay Strongwater(last years)stuff today.
We are still working with our old camera so they may not be very good but we will try.

Ann & Ken

#104 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 04:05 PM

Hey Nancy,
a rolls would be worth a whole swag of solids! [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

#105 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 04:22 PM

Guys
At the rate I'm spending money I could have bought a Rolls, [New Laugh] especially with the amount EL are bringing out per year! [Cry]
Mind you I'd rather have my solids than a rolls any day of the week!
Where would I park the Rolls? couldn't take that into London! [Silly]
Hopefully my solids will be an investment for my old age! I shall look at them when all i've got is a park bench and a newspaper for company! [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
Maggie [Big Grin]

[ February 19, 2003, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: lauderlady ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users