• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

Hi all. I am wondering if anyone has an extra bow for the violin? I purchased a violin from an overseas seller and the bow was not with the violin and I didn't realize it when I bought it or I would have skipped it. I am hoping someone has a bow that I can marry to my violin. Thanks so much!
Jennifer in FL

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Hello Jennifer,

I saw the auction and noticed the violin did not have the bow as the price was too good to be true (although it does happen at times)..... If I find a bow here I will let you know.

Now I will bow out.... x

#3 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

Hello Jennifer,

I saw the auction and noticed the violin did not have the bow as the price was too good to be true (although it does happen at times)..... If I find a bow here I will let you know.

Now I will bow out.... x

Thanks... I think a late night and medicines got the best of me on that auction! LOL! Thank you for keeping an eye out for me!
Cheers!

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Have been watching ebay and most of the violins are minus the bow! I expect many collectors are being caught out in this way. Easy to overlook!

Good Luck to everyone.....

#5 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

Totally agree - sellers sell with no bow for the violin and no stool for the grand piano !

Watch out musicians ! Can't play without these two vital things !!

#6 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hi all. I am wondering if anyone has an extra bow for the violin? Jennifer in FL

I don't think anyone will have an 'extra' bow. These items are only sold with one bow. It's more likely that the bow has been lost, hence a lower price on the item.

If you want the bow, you may have to buy them together. I know that'll mean two violins though . . . bit of a dilemma ! :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users