10 replies to this topic

#1 Shannon

Shannon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hi everyone:

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Shannon and I am a very recent Estee Lauder compact collector. I recently started collecting mini perfumes and stumbled onto some Estee Lauder compacts. I found this site after doing a little digging on the Internet. The database is invaluable! Once I saw the pics, I KNEW I was in SERIOUS trouble!! The last time I got this excited about anything was over Juicy Couture charms, and I managed to collect a disgusting amount of those in very short order. Still love the charms, but want to move on to something new.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Now on to the post my most wanted EL compacts!! :)

Shannon

#2 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Welcome Shannon !! Always good to see a new face on the site . . . :)

Yes, welcome to the world of addictive little solid perfumes.

Enjoy the world of discussing all kinds of things and experiences about them.

And meet people from all over the world who are crazy about them!

Would love to know what your first purchase was and where you found it ! B)

#3 Shannon

Shannon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

Welcome Shannon !! Always good to see a new face on the site . . . :)

Yes, welcome to the world of addictive little solid perfumes.

Enjoy the world of discussing all kinds of things and experiences about them.

And meet people from all over the world who are crazy about them!

Would love to know what your first purchase was and where you found it ! B)

I've only got 2 so far, one is the Taj Mahal (from eBay), and the other is the Cathedral Square (on RubyLane). I love the travel themes with the UK charms and the oriental theme, with Chinese Dragon, lantern, and the Great Wall. I went through the database to hopefully narrow down which ones I want, and my final tally was 145. So I guess you could say I am in serious trouble!!! :0)

Edited by Shannon, 15 October 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#4 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

You have two excellent solids there, Shannon, and look like you have a clear head for what else you want. Well done ! Most of us here have wanted ALL OF THEM !!! :blink: :lol:

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Shannon,

WELCOME, WELCOME we are delighted to have you as a member and assist in any way with questions you may have....

You can also use the search feature to read past topics and comments...

I have a for sale page at the top of the page under the tabs.. we also have a for sale topic section where members (with over 100 posts) are allowed to sell here... for everyone's protection you must be an active posting member here to be able to sell...

Let me know what you are looking for as I have several that are not listed as of yet... they are solids that are full with original perfume and labels on the bottom but do not have the boxes.

Again WELCOME and get ready to collect- it becomes an obsession fast because of the true beauty and workmanship of the pieces!

There is a way to catalog your collection under the database area so you can keep track of what you already have

#6 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hi Shannon! I don't collect anymore, but I started with mini perfumes and added some solids, too. I enjoyed every single purchase and second of my addiction and I miss the thrill of the hunt. You're going to have such a good time.

I was just at the Nieman Marcus site because I still love to see the new solids coming out and I think the (bear with me here, I'm not good with names of anything or anyone) celestial charms solid is wonderful. Beautiful color and I loved the charms. I think I may buy a bottle of EL's new tuberose gardenia to wear, and I did like that solid, too, but don't want to wear solid perfume. Too many years of collecting? It would just seem wrong to actually use the perfume. : ) I almost never wear perfume but a gardenia and rose combination may be more than I can resist.

I've seen the Juicy Couture charms and they are adorable. I'm glad they didn't come along before I had my collectorectomy.

Peggy/mostly minis

#7 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hello Shannon, So another one bites the dust!

I think it is fantastic to be a new collector. I recall when I first started collecting and it took a while before I decided that I did not want to keep certain items and then started looking for others i.e. wanted all the cameos and then after a while decided to switch to the Necklaces. Thought I would fund my collection by selling one and buying another. It did not work!

Am sure you will find favourites or perhaps aim to collect every single item that Estee Lauder has released. Don't forget the matching compacts!

Good Luck and wishing you lots of fun.......

Petals

#8 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

:lol: Haha Peggy - love the word 'collectorectomy'. I think I will be needing one of those soon. B)

Yeah - as soon as I've got the WHOLE collection . . . :P

#9 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

Welcome Shannon! I've been collecting solid perfumes for 5 years now and have over 500 now. So yes, it is very addictive. Be sure to check out the past topics on the forums on this site. It will help you not make some mistakes with collecting solids. I have seen the new EL Celesial solids on the Harrods website and they are fabulous.

The Imperial Princess is the most wanted with the EL solids (well at least so far that is my most wanted!)

I am out of Jax, FL.

I started collecting solid perfumes after my grandfather died and my grandmother gave me these two tiny gold boxes...on researching them, I found out they were solid perfumes and that's how it got started. On a sad note, my grandmother who began my solid perfume collection bug, passed away last week. I just came in on the train this morning from Maryland for the service. It is the sad end of a wonderful era with my grandparents. I am thankful for all the lessons in life she showed me, especially the love of collecting solid perfumes!!

Jennifer in Jax

#10 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Hey Jenn, long time no see here!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing, but you sound blessed with the life lesson's gained from her.

Keep well.

#11 Shannon

Shannon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Welcome Shannon! I've been collecting solid perfumes for 5 years now and have over 500 now. So yes, it is very addictive. Be sure to check out the past topics on the forums on this site. It will help you not make some mistakes with collecting solids. I have seen the new EL Celesial solids on the Harrods website and they are fabulous.

The Imperial Princess is the most wanted with the EL solids (well at least so far that is my most wanted!)

I am out of Jax, FL.

I started collecting solid perfumes after my grandfather died and my grandmother gave me these two tiny gold boxes...on researching them, I found out they were solid perfumes and that's how it got started. On a sad note, my grandmother who began my solid perfume collection bug, passed away last week. I just came in on the train this morning from Maryland for the service. It is the sad end of a wonderful era with my grandparents. I am thankful for all the lessons in life she showed me, especially the love of collecting solid perfumes!!

Jennifer in Jax

Just wanted to say thanks so much everyone for the warm welcome. I'm really, really excited to get started on my collection. Woo hoo! :0)

Shannon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users