• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

Sandra.... :) Well Said, you took the words right out of my mouth.

We all like to win but there has been a few that have left their Olympic spirit at home. (News of someone being stripped of their medal this morning for testing positive for drugs... :angry:) and I have seen one or two tactics that were not quite fair play.

So many unsung heroes who did not win a medal....My special one was the girl from war torn Somalia who came in last half a minute behind everyone....she had hardly any training and no proper track to train on but still she came and ran for her country and thats what its all about.

Most people in G.B. have taken these Olympics to their heart, we have waved our flags and cheered our athletes to a few victories even the rain stayed away for most of it ....guess the Olympic Gods smiled on us LOL.

I was not keen on the first part of the closing ceremony and thought it was a little obscure for the rest of the world.

For the last couple of weeks or so G.B. has had a little of the feel good factor about itself but now its back to normal......The European crisis, the rain, war in Siria, but it was good whilst it lasted.

Margaret .....

#17 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

:) Hi Margaret - I've been thinking that GB has had a lot of good feeling about itself in the last couple of years actually . . . there's been a lot of opportunity for flag waving at Wills & Kate's wedding, the Diamond Jubliee and the Olympics.

You've done well, and its been marvellous watching it all from over here. Haven't seen the Closing Ceremony, but have it taped, so will watch it tonight probably.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users