• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

If I didn't get my money back in these two cases, I will stop buying from eBay. I have paid close to $ 500 for these two cases!

I always read sellers feedback before I buy. I don't buy off sellers with no feedback (unless I can pick it up) or more than 2 negative feedbacks in a month. Unfortunately there has been a bit of bad history with buying EL solids on Ebay because there are some greedy people out there who like to rip peeple off. You will find that everywhere, I suppose, but Ebay and online selling/buying is so much easier for people to rip you off because you don't have to hardly communicate with them.

Be careful. Bad transactions happen all the time to everyone. You're fortunate now that you don't have to pay for a case to be opened. In the past the Ebay fee was US$25.00 to do this and you didn't necessarily get your postage amount back either.

Nowadays you can get the full refund + return postage if you send something back.

Sometimes if a deal looks too good to be true, then it probably is !

#62 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hello everyone,
I am having a short holiday in Cairns ( three hours flight north of Sydney) and the weather here is fantastic! Will be around 29 degree today and just about to go on a tour B) . I got my money back for the four solid perfumes which never turned up and am still waiting to hear from the missing violin case. PayPal gave the seller more than 10 days to respond to my escalation of claims which I think it's a bit too long. I got my money back within 24 hours after my escalation of claims to eBay.

Of course I wouldn't be able to not buying solids from eBay. Already bought a couple after this ;)

Yes I agree Sandra there are quite a few dishonest people around which is a shame. I sold my Oroton bag a fees weeks ago and the buyer contacted me almost three weeks later to say that she hasn't received it. Luckily I have tracking and I said I'll look into it and will let her know more details. The tracking told me it was delivered two days after I posted it with full tracking information along the way. I gave her the details and never heard from her again! I don't think the bag miraculous turned up after three weeks and after I gave the info to her. I guess she knows that I have full tracking and she won't be able to make a false claim on me!

Hate these dishonest people!

Alice

Edited by Yuen, 24 August 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#63 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Hello everyone,
I am having a short holiday in Cairns ( three hours flight north of Sydney) and the weather here is fantastic! Will be around 29 degree today and just about to go on a tour B) . I got my money back for the four solid perfumes which never turned up and am still waiting to hear from the missing violin case. PayPal gave the seller more than 10 days to respond to my escalation of claims which I think it's a bit too long. I got my money back within 24 hours after my escalation of claims to eBay.

Of course I wouldn't be able to not buying solids from eBay. Already bought a couple after this ;)

Yes I agree Sandra there are quite a few dishonest people around which is a shame. I sold my Oroton bag a fees weeks ago and the buyer contacted me almost three weeks later to say that she hasn't received it. Luckily I have tracking and I said I'll look into it and will let her know more details. The tracking told me it was delivered two days after I posted it with full tracking information along the way. I gave her the details and never heard from her again! I don't think the bag miraculous turned up after three weeks and after I gave the info to her. I guess she knows that I have full tracking and she won't be able to make a false claim on me!

Alice

Hi, Alice, I'm so glad you got your refund for the 4 solids you never received. I'm surprised that PayPal is taking so long to resolve the violin issue. Although the last time I filed a case with PayPal was about 6 months ago and I seem to remember they told me it would take up to 30 days to make a decision and then 2 days later I got an email from them saying the case was decided in my favor and my refund was already in my PayPal account! Hope you had fun in Cairns! :D
Wendy

#64 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hello everyone,

Alice

Yay !! Told you it wouldn't be a problem for you just to make a claim. I used to sell quite a few things on Ebay 'in the old days' when almost everyone was honest. I never used to have to send things by registered post, but nowadays I ALWAYS do - so I'm glad you did it with the bag - some people are a real pain in the neck when they are just out to take at your expense !

Can you believe that people didn't always use Paypal for convenience, but I had many people just pay by depositing the money directly into my bank account and I used to pay by the same way. Also, I sent many Western Union moneygrams, as well as Aust Post moneygrams, and NEVER experienced a problem selling or buying !

There just seems to be many more people now doing Ebay scams which spoils it for the rest of us.

Now, what are you doing in Cairns when the weather down here in Sydney has been perfectly summer-like? 26 degrees and sunny in Sydney ain't bad ! B) I was just down at Bondi Beach last week !

(I do like Cairns though, but you can't swim in the sea there)

Edited by Sandra, 26 August 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#65 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

Forgot to say that when you esculate the claim with Paypal, the refund is quick because like I said, Paypal blocks the seller from receiving money until the claim is resolved. So usually the seller just agrees to refund so that they can get on with scamming more people, or for unfortunate sellers who have suffered cheating buyers, they pay the refund and have to put it down to bad experience so they can continue to do business.

Sometimes it is unfair, but if a seller has any brains, they will keep the postage receipt until the feedback is made for proof of postage.

#66 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

That's good investigation work Alice!

#67 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

But the problem with this one is she sent me the weekend Artitst but not the violin so she can still produce the sent receipt if she has one. And now it's like my words against her words but as I said I am even more angry with this one because I definitely know that she hasn't sent the violin. With the other one, I can still think the package might have got lost (although very unlikely) and she wasn't lying.

I am in cairns because my husband has to come up for meetings today (Monday) and tomorrow. We came up late on friday so that we can spend the weekend here. Last time when I was up here, it was summer and I nearly died of heat exhaustion!! This time is much better as the humidity isn't bad. About to go to the spa in half an hour while the hubby is working hard :) Flying back tomorrow afternoon and back to work on Wednesday :(

Alice

#68 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hmmm . . . two thoughts about this . . .

Firstly, you are right about packages being possibly lost or held up. I was thinking about this too last night after I had posted my reply. I remember a few times when a couple of packages were held up in customs. They don't tell you they have it, and it can be there for up to 4 weeks ! They do random searches of packages for our security. It might well be held up there if the seller says they sent it, however, being suspiciously dodgy, it's hard to believe. :huh:

Either way, if it is indeed held up in customs, then sooner or later you'll know.

The other one, the only thing I can thing of is taking a photo as evidence of the packaging and weight. Everything is weighed before posting internationally. With the packaging, was it possible to have two items in there or just one? That will be the only proof you have. Otherwise, I think you may lose out on this one. The seller has been tricky. <_<

I think I'm starting to sound more and more like Michele everyday (except I don't talk half as fast) . . . and that's scary ! :ph34r:

#69 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hi Sandra,
Thanks for that. Yes, I really don't know how to prove it. It does have a custom declaration form and the weight of the package but it was the seller who the weight on it so she could have put the weight of the two together on the form and put only one solid in. I will have a closer look when I get home today.

Alice

#70 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hey, Sandra, that was brilliant about the weight of the package! :D

Alice, when I have sent packages internationally the postal worker always weighs it (guess they don't trust us in the States). I don't know about the UK - maybe someone can help us out? What's been the experience? If the seller didn't do the weight then there is definitely hope for a refund. If the weight of the Weekend Artist is the same as what's on the customs form that's the proof you need that the Violin was never sent. Please keep us posted!
Wendy

#71 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

It could be the violin seller included the violin in someone else's package by mistake. I was once sent the wrong solid. The seller mixed up the packages. She got mine back from someone else and we did an exchange. But only the seller could find this out. You are due back your money or a replacement!
Ar

#72 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

I did think about that too because she had four solids to sell at the same time and I noticed another person bought the other two but I didn't get a "wrong" one, just one. If she put mine and sent to the other buyer, I doubt the other buyer will say anything!

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ec15a86ee

This is advertised on eBay - a Romantic Edition without the picture! The seller didn't even mention that. A lot of dishonest people around :angry:

Alice

#73 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

I have just been catching up and found the above posts really interesting.

Here in the U.K. we HAVE TO INCLUDE PAYPAL in our auctions. If we do not, the auction is disallowed. I found in the past, before paypal was connected to any ebay sale, that most buyers in the U.K. sent personal cheques. This was much appreciated as Paypal take a chunk of money out of any payment on top of the amount that Ebay take! This even includes the postage fee, which they ask us to keep as low as possible notwithstanding packaging materials which is not fair on the sellers.

Meanwhile, most of the items I post are sent Signed For International, which adds considerably to the cost for the buyer especially since the U.K. Postage has gone up in leaps and bounds. I think our postage must be the highest as to post a thin one page brochure to the States which hardly weighs anything costs now over 2.(also add in the packaging i.e. envelopes).

I always take proof of postage for items which I do not send Signed For. To be honest with you, I have never had a problem with non receipt except for something sent within the U.K.!!!!! I had proof of postage so was able to claim back the cost of the item (under 30).

Unlike Sandra, I do not check the feedback etc., but I am noticing that buyers with hardly any feedback are not paying and backing out of doing so at the end of the auction. This is happening so many times that now I am going to put a block on people with less than 10 feedback! I feel badly about doing this but am fed up losing out due to buyers just messing around on ebay treating it as a joke!

;)

#74 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

I have just been catching up and found the above posts really interesting.

Here in the U.K. we HAVE TO INCLUDE PAYPAL in our auctions. If we do not, the auction is disallowed. I found in the past, before paypal was connected to any ebay sale, that most buyers in the U.K. sent personal cheques. This was much appreciated as Paypal take a chunk of money out of any payment on top of the amount that Ebay take! This even includes the postage fee, which they ask us to keep as low as possible notwithstanding packaging materials which is not fair on the sellers.

Meanwhile, most of the items I post are sent Signed For International, which adds considerably to the cost for the buyer especially since the U.K. Postage has gone up in leaps and bounds. I think our postage must be the highest as to post a thin one page brochure to the States which hardly weighs anything costs now over 2.(also add in the packaging i.e. envelopes).

I always take proof of postage for items which I do not send Signed For. To be honest with you, I have never had a problem with non receipt except for something sent within the U.K.!!!!! I had proof of postage so was able to claim back the cost of the item (under 30).

Unlike Sandra, I do not check the feedback etc., but I am noticing that buyers with hardly any feedback are not paying and backing out of doing so at the end of the auction. This is happening so many times that now I am going to put a block on people with less than 10 feedback! I feel badly about doing this but am fed up losing out due to buyers just messing around on ebay treating it as a joke!

;)

Hi, Jacky,
Thank you for your insights! I'm still wondering about who does the weighing of the package for the customs form when you post internationally - do you weigh it yourself or does the employee at the place of business where you are posting the package weigh it?

Other members: I'm not an ebay seller - does ebay have a system that allows sellers to weigh their own packages, pay for postage and then just drop off packages (or have them picked up) by the post office, UPS, etc? Any information is greatly appreciated! :)
Wendy

#75 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hi, Jacky,
Thank you for your insights! I'm still wondering about who does the weighing of the package for the customs form when you post internationally - do you weigh it yourself or does the employee at the place of business where you are posting the package weigh it?

Other members: I'm not an ebay seller - does ebay have a system that allows sellers to weigh their own packages, pay for postage and then just drop off packages (or have them picked up) by the post office, UPS, etc? Any information is greatly appreciated! :)
Wendy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users