• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#46 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

Alice, open up a Paypal case. You only have about 30 days. The seller knows this, that's why she is saying 3 - 4 weeks. She MUST provide a tracking number or proof of postage to Paypal. This will have a date on it, so you can see when the person sent it.

Sometimes a Paypal case will 'remind' them send it.

Let her know you are serious. If you receive the goods in the meantime, you can always close the case without any admonition from Paypal or Ebay. You are just keeping the seller honest, which is what Ebay is all about. :)

I have opened a case as I am getting really worried now. As you suggest, I can always close it if I receive the solids.

Will let you know how I go.

#47 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Alice, open up a Paypal case. You only have about 30 days. The seller knows this, that's why she is saying 3 - 4 weeks. She MUST provide a tracking number or proof of postage to Paypal. This will have a date on it, so you can see when the person sent it.

Sometimes a Paypal case will 'remind' them send it.

Let her know you are serious. If you receive the goods in the meantime, you can always close the case without any admonition from Paypal or Ebay. You are just keeping the seller honest, which is what Ebay is all about. :)

Totally right on, Sandra! I got an email this a.m. from a friend who is an ebay seller who has dealt with this seller and she said the seller has very "shady" behavior and won't send merchandise until the buyer opens a case against her. She is not to be trusted.
Alice, please open a case before it's too late - you can see she's not acting in an honest manner. I don't know why ebay allows sellers to change their IDs whenever they want. PayPal seems to care more about keeping people honest. It's just not right what she's doing :angry:
Wendy

#48 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hi Wendy and Sandra,
I opened a case and she replied and gave a tracking number. I looked at the tracking number and it did say the parcel was posted so maybe she has sent it although it was quite late since I paid for them almost two weeks earlier. So do you know what will happen now? I'll just sit there and wait and hope that it will turn up?

Thanks alice

#49 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

thanks Sandra.

This seller is getting a bit out of control. In addition to a new name again, she now has a "new" brand called ESTEE LAUDER/ BOB MACKIE and is selling a number of compacts she called Bob Mackie/Estee Lauder Solid perfume compacts. Should our members in the US call ebay or Estee Lauder to let them know?

Alice

I think anyone can report the item/seller. I guess if enough people do it, Ebay will look into it. At the bottom of any item listings are links. One of these is "report this item".

#50 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hi Wendy and Sandra,
I opened a case and she replied and gave a tracking number. I looked at the tracking number and it did say the parcel was posted so maybe she has sent it although it was quite late since I paid for them almost two weeks earlier. So do you know what will happen now? I'll just sit there and wait and hope that it will turn up?

Thanks alice

Yes. Keep the case open until you receive the goods and are happy with them. Only when that happens should you close the case. Leave neutral feedback since they are so late and you had to open up a case for her to provide tracking information . . . thank goodness you checked that the tracking number actually works !

Gosh! I'm starting to sound like Michele . . . only I'm not talking half as fast ! :lol:

Edited by Sandra, 13 August 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#51 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...=item41695b2e7d

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4169443713

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1ad731bb

This is one of the "new" brand Estee Lauder/Bob Mackie. What a joke!

#52 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ESTEE-LAUDER-BOB-MACKIE-Red-Orange-Flower-Solid-Perfume-Compact-HTF-/280940457597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41695b2e7d

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4169443713

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1ad731bb

This is one of the "new" brand Estee Lauder/Bob Mackie. What a joke!

Alice, I'm so glad you opened a case! Agree with Sandra that you should keep it open until you actually receive the items. I applaud your efforts regarding the Bob Mackie/Estee Lauder solids but would ask you to please consider just avoiding this seller's items and return to enjoying the hunt for EL solids from reliable sources. If ebay or EL don't care enough to take action then it might be better to just let it go once you get the solids you bought from her. (IMHO) :)
Wendy

#53 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Of course I won't buy or go near her again. I have already excluded her in my EL solid perfume searches but have to constantly "update" my exclusions because of her constant change of name!!!

She insisted that she has sent the four items and on Monday if I still haven't received them, I will escalate the case. Since march when I started to collect the solids, I have never had any trouble with receiving the solids except in one case the seller didn't mention the solid didn't close properly. I emailed her and got no reply and I left it at that as I can still display it and just left her a negative feedback. It was the only bad one out of now close to 100 solids. I have really had bad experiences lately. Beside this one that I didn't receive, I received a package from the UK yesterday. I bought the weekend artist and the violin with perfume but no boxes. I really like the weekend artist so I am willing to buy even with no box but still has perfume. In the package, there was only the weekend artist but NO violin! I emailed the seller and she said she has sent both! I emailed her again with more details and she didn't reply again. I have just opened a case with PayPal because I find the eBay resolution process very slow and not helpful. If I didn't get my money back in these two cases, I will stop buying from eBay. I have paid close to $ 500 for these two cases!

#54 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

Alice, this is very sad but unfortunately, many of us have learned the hard way not to be too trusting. I always pay by credit card through paypal. You can open up a claim with the credit card company, too. That has worked for me in the past.

When I run into a bad seller I vow to stop buying. After a while "Lauder solid fever" brings me back to ebay!

It also helps to carefully inspect the solids you are sent for repairs, replaced stones, etc. I received a "MIB" solid that was repaired with glue. The seller accused me of doing it! I filed a claim and got a refund and the seller was angry that I left her negative feedback.

I guess it's always buyer beware unless you personally know the seller.

Ar

#55 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

Sandra,

How are you? Where is Michele? I miss her! :huh:

Denise

#56 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

:D Hey Denise !! It's been too long !! I am well, and hope you are too.

Seems I've lost my little bantering friend on the site (though she calls me 'little' - go figure). I miss her heaps too. She was such a chatterer and was so funny here . . . ok, so naughty, too !

Sigh! :(

Delighted to see you back here anyway, mate ! Always good to see old friends again !

I'm just off to see what other posts you've written now . . . :D

Edited by Sandra, 19 August 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#57 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

If I didn't get my money back in these two cases, I will stop buying from eBay. I have paid close to $ 500 for these two cases!

I always read sellers feedback before I buy. I don't buy off sellers with no feedback (unless I can pick it up) or more than 2 negative feedbacks in a month. Unfortunately there has been a bit of bad history with buying EL solids on Ebay because there are some greedy people out there who like to rip peeple off. You will find that everywhere, I suppose, but Ebay and online selling/buying is so much easier for people to rip you off because you don't have to hardly communicate with them.

Be careful. Bad transactions happen all the time to everyone. You're fortunate now that you don't have to pay for a case to be opened. In the past the Ebay fee was US$25.00 to do this and you didn't necessarily get your postage amount back either.

Nowadays you can get the full refund + return postage if you send something back.

Sometimes if a deal looks too good to be true, then it probably is !

#58 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

If I didn't get my money back in these two cases, I will stop buying from eBay. I have paid close to $ 500 for these two cases!

I always read sellers feedback before I buy. I don't buy off sellers with no feedback (unless I can pick it up) or more than 2 negative feedbacks in a month. Unfortunately there has been a bit of bad history with buying EL solids on Ebay because there are some greedy people out there who like to rip peeple off. You will find that everywhere, I suppose, but Ebay and online selling/buying is so much easier for people to rip you off because you don't have to hardly communicate with them.

Be careful. Bad transactions happen all the time to everyone. You're fortunate now that you don't have to pay for a case to be opened. In the past I think the Ebay fee was US$25.00 and you didn't necessarily get your postage amount back either.

Nowadays you can get the full refund + return postage if you send something back.

#59 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Be careful. Bad transactions happen all the time to everyone. You're fortunate now that you don't have to pay for a case to be opened. In the past the Ebay fee was US$25.00 to do this and you didn't necessarily get your postage amount back either.

#60 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users