• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#31 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for the info, Sandra, I didn't know that about PayPal. I've only had to go through the process a few time (thank goodness!).
Alice, it's really not a complicated process if you have to go that route but, of course, we'd all rather not have the hassle! How long does it usually take for you to receive packages from the US?
Wendy

Edited by wjh414, 06 August 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#32 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

Alice and I live in the same city, and I usually get my packages within 2 weeks from both the US and UK. Sometimes it takes only 5 days ! B)

#33 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

It's more than two weeks now, almost a month! I have received solids I won much later than that so I'm not holding my breath :angry:

I'll wait until the end of the week and will email her and ask.

I saw this Golden Times on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ec077c7f1

Do you think this one has been engraved? The photo in the database doesn't have "M" on the cover.

Alice

Edited by Yuen, 08 August 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#34 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

Hello Everyone,

Apologies but have been so busy and only now reading further comments.

Let me add that the following is as a result of your actions (IMHO) as Michele would say:

The seller, also known as SarahShoppe, or something like that which you will see in the listings, has now listed the items under the name of the brand! Previously this was not the case. Therefore, anyone thinking that perhaps they were E.L solids, can see straight away they ARE NOT! If you look at these items they are inferior and brash and NOT in the same class as the E.L. solid perfumes. Cold comfort, I agree, but anyone will see they are inferior products and cheap mass produced possibly for a mere pittance in the Far East.

Recently this seller had the Harrods Hatbox for sale. I was then advised by another collector that there were faults with this item i.e. wrong colouring etc. So my next question is this:

As this seller is also getting hold of imperfect E.L. solid perfumes and selling them on Ebay, are these being used to copy the ones which Objet D'Art are producing (I hope I have the correct company name as I did not write it down)?

If this seller is using a rejected E.L item obtained from the factory ( am not speaking of prototypes) and sending them to China for copying, then I am sure our detectives can track this down. I have just had a thought but I expect many of you who know what has happened in the past, will see where I am coming from!

Either way, the items being sold now are being listed under their brand name for what they are i.e. rubbish! I am not saying they will not appeal to buyers, but not buyers who want the E.Lauder items which are refined, beautifully made,and quality products. If you want quality you pay for it. These items are brash and although they are copying the design, they are still rubbish.

As long as you are not fooled into purchasing an item in the belief that it is WHAT IT IS NOT!

I must say it is remarkable what you have all found.. You are all fantastic!

Edited by Petals, 09 August 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#35 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:00 AM

It's more than two weeks now, almost a month! I have received solids I won much later than that so I'm not holding my breath :angry:

Do you think this one has been engraved? The photo in the database doesn't have "M" on the cover.

Alice

Hello Alice,

This one has been engraved. The correct one does not have the initials in the centre. It is plain gold colouring. Hope this helps!

#36 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Alice

Alice, forgive me, but IMHO writing to the seller may not help unless maybe she can provide you with a tracking number if she hasn't already done so. I have found in the past that just by opening a case with PayPal seems to "motivate" the seller into action. Please let us know if we can do anything to help. It's such a shame! :angry:
Wendy

#37 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Yep - I agree. Take action with Paypal now Alice and get your money back in full.

It's a very easy process. Find the 'Report the item' link and and follow the other links.

Good luck, and don't worry - it'll go against the seller.

#38 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Yep - I agree. Take action with Paypal now Alice and get your money back in full.

It's a very easy process. Find the 'Report the item' link and and follow the other links.

Good luck, and don't worry - it'll go against the seller.

You will even get a refund on the shipping! :)
Wendy

#39 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

Thanks everyone for being so supportive. The seller said she has sent them and might take 3-4 weeks to arrive! I'm still hoping that they will as I really like the four solids that I bought. I might wait a bit more before I open the case. Fingers crossed...

#40 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

Alice,
If she didn't give you a tracking number I suggest you file a case. 3-4 weeks is way too long. Also check the deadline for filing a complaint.
Ar

#41 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

Alice,
If she didn't give you a tracking number I suggest you file a case. 3-4 weeks is way too long. Also check the deadline for filing a complaint.
Ar

No. She didn't give me a number. I don't know that there is a deadline to file a case as I have never had any problems before. I'll check and if there is one, I'll open a case.

Thanks Ar

#42 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Alice,
Ar

Totally agree with Ar!
Wendy

#43 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

Just want to let everyone know that this seller saraperfumeshoppe has changed her name again!! She is now called saraKollectiblekompacts. I don't know what beat is doing, keep letting her changed her name and keep her ratings and feedbacks.

She just out up the affectionate fish for a buy it now price of $125 which is very low and I would have bought it if it's not from her. Just don't trust her any more.

Alice

#44 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Alice, open up a Paypal case. You only have about 30 days. The seller knows this, that's why she is saying 3 - 4 weeks. She MUST provide a tracking number or proof of postage to Paypal. This will have a date on it, so you can see when the person sent it.

Sometimes a Paypal case will 'remind' them send it.

Let her know you are serious. If you receive the goods in the meantime, you can always close the case without any admonition from Paypal or Ebay. You are just keeping the seller honest, which is what Ebay is all about. :)

#45 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

thanks Sandra.

This seller is getting a bit out of control. In addition to a new name again, she now has a "new" brand called ESTEE LAUDER/ BOB MACKIE and is selling a number of compacts she called Bob Mackie/Estee Lauder Solid perfume compacts. Should our members in the US call ebay or Estee Lauder to let them know?

Alice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users