• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#16 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

I went to eBay and tried to report this seller but there isn't anywhere I can write a detailed report. All multiple choice questions and answers on a single item! I can't report it if I can't write details. For example, the seller is ow listing the same jay strong water vase the third time now. The same buyer has "bought" it twice. The first time was $62, the second time $110 and now involves in the bidding the third time round! I can list more than a dozen of these activities but can't do it if they don't allow me to "write".

Anyone can help???

#17 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

These are not copies of EL. These are originals of a brand named Objet d'Art. I am a collector, I have been for 10 years, they are not copies.

- sara.perfume.compact.shoppe

Well done Yuen. This is another reply received which has been forwarded to me....

I have written to Ebay....These items are definitely being copied...PLEASE EVERYONE WRITE TO THE SELLER IN THE ''other'' when you click on asking for information about the item being sold. They should be aware they are selling copies as the above is absolute nonsense, unless Estee Lauder are copying Objet D'Art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy, must speak soon.

#18 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

Yuen,

1. Take a note of the sellers number for the auction. copy and paste or just note it down.

2. Go into ebay. In the bar above, click on to Resolution Centre.

3. Report and item ......

4. write in the box giving details.

There is another way when you are actually looking at the item the seller has.

When you scroll down, it says, report this item. Then it comes up automatically with the auction number so you can fill in a complaint.

Hope this helps. I have written to Ebay. HOPE ALL OF YOU OUT THERE IN THE WILDERNESS CAN AS THIS IS REALLY BAD THAT SOMEONE IS FLOODING THE MARKET WITH COPIES!

#19 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

I have reported the fake bids from seller to eBay. Hope they will take actions.

#20 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

I have done more investigations and I think I can now confirm my suspicions. Rks0608 has bought numerous Estée Lauder solids and various items from the same seller. He or she has also participated in almost every auction. All the items he has bought reappear for sale. He has bought the super solid twice and the fluted heart twice. He has also bought a very rare jay strong water crystal vase twice! Of course this is because the item reappeared after he "bought" it.

He is now bidding on holt renfrew shopping bag, round cameo, yellow rose, love locket, ice skates, red lobster, holiday Rembrandt etc ALL OF WHICH he supposedly has BOUGHT BRFORE!!!!!!

I have to write to eBay. This is completely unacceptable.

Hello Alice

Yes it does sound like Shill bidding and that is one area where ebay will usually take action. I shall also write to ebay on the matter.

Can I say 'Hi' to Petals, sorry I have not been in touch of late :(

Kind regards
MitziMay

#21 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Great that everyone is following up. Yuen, you have done a fantastic job with checking out the bids etc. Don't know how you do it, but you must be a wizard at this type of thing!

Had Lisa not brought this up, I doubt I would have found these items on ebay. I shall send more emails to the seller.

MitziMay, I should be in Hyde Park to watch the Olympic Flame....but here I am at home. Looking at the crowds on t.v. I think I am better off where I am!

xx

#22 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

I have wrote to Sara.perfume.compact.shoppe directly and asked her to stop putting in fake bids from rks0608. All those unsuspecting buyers are still falling into her trap paying inflating prices. I am disgusted and am reporting every single item of hers with this fake bidder.

#23 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

Hi everyone,

I've done some investigations too and found out amazing things. I'm shoked, but it's reality.
There is a brand called objects d'art and they produce trinket boxes.
Just type "Objet d'Art trinket boxes" into Google search and you will be astonished.
These items are sold on different places for about $ 30.00 to 40.00

Sorry for this bad news but it's true, there are masses of these items up for sale.

Check this link too:

objects d'art brand

Edited by Brigitte, 28 July 2012 - 07:19 AM.

#24 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

This seller is also selling authentic EL compacts so he/she is not naive. Unless it's advertised as an EL and is not, it appears there is not much that can be done. Unless the EL company pursues it. And we all know that won't happen...
Ar

#25 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hello, all! I haven't posted anything for awhile but still follow the activity on the site. First, Lisa, my best wishes for a full and successful recovery after your surgery. Thank you for keeping the website going - it can't be an easy task! :blink: Second, welcome, Alice! :D Reading your posts reminds me of when I first started collecting EL solids and I think your passion and enthusiasm is invigorating! You will find wonderful people on the website willing to help you. Third, as to the topic at hand, I think it's shameful what this fairly new company (started in 2008 according to the webpage Brigitte provided, thank you, Brigitte!) is doing and even worse is the questionable bidding practices going on that Alice has reported occurring with the seller's "sara.perfume.compact.shoppe" auctions. Alice, you can also call ebay's toll free number and speak with someone in the appropriate department. I did that when the 2011 Harrods Bear mess was going on (you may have to read some old forums about it if you haven't already!) and the ebay representative was very interested in and receptive to my comments. You all may be interested to know that this seller has also used the ebay IDs of elaudercollector and 2010sfleck33 AND is the same person who joined this website as ecollector2012 to try and sell solids. Interesting that she told someone she's been collecting these new trinket boxes for "10 years" when the company just started in 2008. I had purchased some EL solids a couple years ago from this seller and corresponded with her at that time. I find it all very, very sad. :( I have not purchased any solids in a long time and don't plan to unless it's from someone I trust from this site or new from NM or Saks.

I'm sorry this got so lengthy but I just had to respond! Thank you, Alice and Petals and everyone who is trying to correct the wrongdoing that is happening! :)
Warmest Regards,
Wendy

#26 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Wow !! That's some serious investigating going on !! :o

Well done, everyone !! Wendy, I'm especially impressed that you found out that it is the same sneaky person ecollecor2012 who kept trying to offer solids on this site without anybody knowing who they really were. :blink:

Alice, it is hard work bidding against the seller's own bids. Totally unscrupulous, and in a way I'm glad you were outbid, so that you didn't end up being trapped for more money. I hope you do get whatever you won from the seller, and that it is the 'real McCoy'.

Nothing we can do about EL solid imitations really. If they allow copying of their items, all we can do is be aware ! :(

#27 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

Hi Sandra and everyone,

No I still haven't received the four solids I have won and paid for from this seller! I'll wait for another week and see what happen.

She is now selling on the UK eBay as well.

I haven't heard anything from eBay about my reports. I wonder if they are taking any actions. Anyway not much we can do here.

Alice

#28 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hi Sandra and everyone,

No I still haven't received the four solids I have won and paid for from this seller! I'll wait for another week and see what happen.

She is now selling on the UK eBay as well.

I haven't heard anything from eBay about my reports. I wonder if they are taking any actions. Anyway not much we can do here.

Alice

Hi, Alice,
You have done an amazing job! Please remember you can call ebay's toll free number, too, to report the suspicious bidding. I do hope you receive the solids you won but if not, you can use either ebay's or PayPal's resolution system to get your money back. I prefer using Paypal's - it seems like they take care of the problem faster. Please keep us posted!
Wendy

#29 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

Thanks Wendy for the advice. I hope they will turn up next week and I don't have to go into the trouble of claiming refunds :(

Alice

#30 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Yeah, if you use the Paypal system, apparently they block the sellers ability to receive other payments until they resolve the problem - ie. pay the buyer back in full.

This is why it is much faster !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users