• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hi Alice - I live in Melbourne & have found that most of the Neiman Marcus perfume solids come into Australia via the David Jones stores usually late October/early November in time for Christmas. If you do buy from D.J.'s & register your interest they will send you an invitation to view the collection first but of course they are MUCH dearer than the U.S. or U.K. prices.

Good luck...
Karen

Hey Karen ! How are you? Long time, no hear !! How have you been? Haven't heard from you since just after the Victorian bushfires. Hope all has been been well for you, rebuilding and all that. I have often thought of you and wondered how you were. Good to see you back on here.

#17 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

Thanks Sandra - I'm well but spend most of the time in the country where we have no computer access and not much time when we get back to the city but I do "look" into this site whenever I can to keep up-to-date. We had the floods after the awful bushfires but everything is O.K. for the moment except it's REALLY cold up there at night - but that's country living.

Cheers, Karen :)

#18 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Yes, I agree that Victoria is colder than NSW . . . but it is REALLY cold here too !!

Not frostbite cold, but 3 layer type cold. :P

I have a good friend who lives in the North East of the US and she says that I shouldn't even use the word 'cold', because I don't really know what that feels like . . . :lol:

#19 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

Sandra,
I lived in New York State where it would go below zero farenheit frequently in the winter, colder than that with the wind chill factor. When breathing outside, the insides of my nose would stick together! Now I live in Florida where it has been 90+ degrees F every day. B)

Ar

P.S. I LOVED Australia -- I've been to Lamington NP, Sydney, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island and my favorite -- Tassie, especially Cradle Mountain.

Yes, I agree that Victoria is colder than NSW . . . but it is REALLY cold here too !!

Not frostbite cold, but 3 layer type cold. :P

I have a good friend who lives in the North East of the US and she says that I shouldn't even use the word 'cold', because I don't really know what that feels like . . . :lol:

#20 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Here are the new solids 2012

Sabina

Thank you, Sabina, for posting the new solids/powders. I like the Strongwater shooting star at Saks (with my favorite fragrance) but the price is not in my budget at $295. :( What does everyone think? Anyone planning to buy? I wonder what the holiday ones will be like...
Wendy

#21 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

I love the Sensuous Nude but also think they are priced rather high. Perhaps E.L. will think about limited the amount of a particular solid (the same way as Harrods did at the beginning of marketing the Harrods Logo).

Great that our older solids are still limited. Long may it last!

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

OOOps. what's all this that I just saw about freezing weather! Sandra and everyone else, get over here. I cannot promise sweltering heat but at the moment, we are enjoying some sunshine and the Olympic Games.... Just thought of a solid for 2012....The Olympic Rings in Gold, Bronze and Silver containing Youth Dew??

:rolleyes:

Another thought: for every country, the flag embossed in enamel i.e. the ones released here with our flag, etc. etc. Just a thought! Dreaming of course....

Edited by Petals, 03 August 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#23 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Wendy,
I agree the solids are high priced. In the last few years I mostly wait for them to get to ebay. I remember not buying the jukebox because it was so expensive for such a small compact. I just got it for $100 less MIB on ebay. Sometimes it's worth waiting.
Ar

#24 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Wendy,
I agree the solids are high priced. In the last few years I mostly wait for them to get to ebay. I remember not buying the jukebox because it was so expensive for such a small compact. I just got it for $100 less MIB on ebay. Sometimes it's worth waiting.
Ar

Thanks, Ar, I think that's good advice! I appreciate it! ^_^
Wendy

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

I remember not buying the jukebox because it was so expensive for such a small compact. I just got it for $100 less MIB on ebay. Sometimes it's worth waiting.
Ar

I'm waiting to get my hands on that one too (for the 'right' price) . . . I guess I'll be waiting a while longer ! :lol:

#26 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Sandra,
I lived in New York State where it would go below zero farenheit frequently in the winter, colder than that with the wind chill factor. When breathing outside, the insides of my nose would stick together! Now I live in Florida where it has been 90+ degrees F every day. B)

Ar

P.S. I LOVED Australia -- I've been to Lamington NP, Sydney, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island and my favorite -- Tassie, especially Cradle Mountain.

Yes - it seems you Americans move state to state quite a lot easier than us Aussies . . . though most would be inclined to migrate north to the warmer states than south (yes - opposite to you guys).

Tassie is a beautiful state, but again, rather cold . . . due to the fact that it is the closest state to Antartica.

I like to visit other states, but love living in Sydney. B)

#27 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

OOOps. what's all this that I just saw about freezing weather! Sandra and everyone else, get over here. I cannot promise sweltering heat but at the moment, we are enjoying some sunshine and the Olympic Games.... Just thought of a solid for 2012....The Olympic Rings in Gold, Bronze and Silver containing Youth Dew??

:rolleyes:

Yes, I thought the Olympic Rings would be a great solid to have too !!

I enjoyed watching the Women's Marathon yesterday because of all the lovely landmarks they past. I was looking out for you, Jacky !! Where were you standing?

Lots ofo umbrellas . . . it rained a lot, don't try to fool us, Jacky ! :lol:

#28 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

You would have thought that Estee Lauder and Harrods would have jumped on the band waggon with an Olympic solid.....sometimes I do not think that they are thinking straight...Oh well another opportunity lost... :(

It has been one very wet Summer over here. I think we had a couple of fine week in April/May but they seem like a distant dream LOL

Flash floods are the order of the day now.

Margaret ..... :)

#29 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Sandra,

Ar

I can relate to that, Ar! I grew up in Minnesota where it got to be 30 degrees below zero F. with a windchill factor making it 60 degrees below zero. We had to have electric heaters added to our car engines and plug them in every night or the car wouldn't start in the morning when you needed to go to work. I'm so glad I moved to California 31 years ago! I love the sunshine and mild temps especially as I get older. :lol:

I would still love to travel to Australia - my mom visited many years ago and absolutely fell in love with the country and its people. She brought me back a gorgeous opal that I had bezel set and wear on a necklace. After all these years it still retains all the brilliance and different colors. Stay warm all our Aussie members!
Wendy

#30 Yuen

Yuen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hi Wendy and everyone,

We have beautiful weather here just now. Pity that I am in the office :(

It's winter but is around 16 to 17 degrees and sunny! So it's not too better even for a frog (that's what my husband calls me). I was in New York a long time ago in May and I still remember it was very cold. In London a couple of years ago end of April beginning of May and it was freezingly cold!!! I had to put on every single piece of clothing that I've got!

And yes, Australia is a loverly place. If you do get a chance to visit and if you are in Sydney, I'm very happy to show you around :)

Alice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users